orb

Real Taichi

Usually I don't like just the form or even "push hands" it just seems useless for combat purposes...

You're correct that form and pushing alone aren't directly combat applicable, however...

Form and push hands are actually critical to developing the skill you need to apply Tai Ji Quan for combat purposes. No other way. If you look at the classics, you'll find that Tai Ji Quan is based on some basic requrements - zhan, nian, lian, sui, bu diu, bu ding (stick, adhere, connect, follow, don't separate or resist). If you are not doing these things you're not doing Tai Ji Quan. These skills come from form and push hands.

The uniqueness of Chen taijiquan is that the force originates from the dantian area wich you coordinate with the rest of the body using the principle of reeling silk (Chan Si Jing). In Chen taijiquan you have alternation between fast and slow movement with sudden explosive bursts of energy (fajin).

Actually, all forms of Tai Ji Quan teach this at the level where combat applications are taught. It's not unique to Chen style, it's the foundation of all martial Tai Ji Quan. It's more obvious in Chen style because it's incorporated in their forms. Yang, Wu, Chen Pan Ling, Guang Ping,... don't show it in the forms but rather teach it in solo and two person drills.

• Like 1

Real taichi?

Well the way this thread is going id have to say this is mainly focused on fighting and fa jing.

In that respect if your using taichi as it is taught to main public and going out and trying to fight with it then your going to be in for a big surprise.

My first taichi teacher actually use to do under ground fighting in his youth. He learned taichi via his grand father at the age of 4. He taught me that taichi is a complete system. To be a real taichi master is to master the fast, the slow, the hard, the soft, the in, the out and so on. To master yin and yang movements and everything in between. To learn the flow and application of force.

All movement is taichi, taichi just teaches you the best way to move.

In taichi you learn how to fight from the center without moving, then moving left to right, in a straight line, in a circle and theres even drunken taichi.

Taichi also has hard forms as well.

Taichiquan is a complete system if you decide to give your life to a particular system.

My former sifu would kick my but using taichi and im not just talking about push hands im talking about fighting.

The internal styles are also known as the subtle styles as well. Even when facing off with an internal practitioner from across the room. Their movement is so sublte that it is hard to judge their distance or anticipate their attacks. This was another lesson i learned.

Contact reflex is yang non contact reflex is yin real taichi teaches you how to do both.

Now in real taichi there are 2 paths the martial path and the spiritual path.

On the martial path you learn things like internal power, fa jing, and so on.

On the spiritual path you learn the internal alchemy and work on restoring your connection with the tao. The spiritual path is much more powerful than the martial path because it holds a higher internal attainment.

• Like 2

Real taichi?

Well the way this thread is going id have to say this is mainly focused on fighting and fa jing.

In that respect if your using taichi as it is taught to main public and going out and trying to fight with it then your going to be in for a big surprise.

My first taichi teacher actually use to do under ground fighting in his youth. He learned taichi via his grand father at the age of 4. He taught me that taichi is a complete system. To be a real taichi master is to master the fast, the slow, the hard, the soft, the in, the out and so on. To master yin and yang movements and everything in between. To learn the flow and application of force.

In taichi you learn how to fight from the center without moving, then moving left to right, in a straight line, in a circle and theres even drunken taichi.

Taichiquan is a complete system if you decide to give your life to a particular system.

My former sifu would kick my but using taichi and im not just talking about push hands im talking about fighting.

The internal styles are also known as the subtle styles as well. Even when facing off with an internal practitioner from across the room. Their movement is so sublte that it is hard to judge their distance or anticipate their attacks. This was another lesson i learned.

Contact reflex is yang non contact reflex is yin real taichi teaches you how to do both.

On the spiritual path you learn the internal alchemy and work on restoring your connection with the tao. The spiritual path is much more powerful than the martial path because it holds a higher internal attainment.

Very valuable perspective. We can get tunnel vision and focus only on the martial side of Tai Ji Quan. I'm the first to emphasize how important it is to understand the martial principles. That said, not only does martial focus develop martial skill; it also insures proper adherence to the principles which also yields benefits when it comes to the healing and cultivation aspects of Tai Ji Quan.

It's certainly easy to brush off the health and spiritual benefits but I agree with you that these are the benefits that are the most valuable in the long run. These benefits are not only limited to ourselves but everyone around us. My good friend and practice partner probably is the best martial Tai Ji Quan guy I know (with the exception of my teacher of course, and probably his son). Recently, however, he's really turned his focus much more toward the healing benefits and he and his clients are benefiting quite a bit.

Thanks for bringing out that important point templetao.

• Like 1

Taichi's spiritual path has spiritual alchemy. The internal power that comes from that is more powerful than the internal power you get from the martial path of taichi.

Like you can have internal power but no high level spiritual attainment. having your mco open and having internal power is for martial taichi because your internal power needs to be circulated thru your body. That alone has no real spiritual alchemy.

Bringing your chi down to your dantian, spinning it, and condensing it can be acheived in a few months. Thats beginner shit.

but creating a tian to feed and ignite the dan to attain the real yuan qi is a bit higher but what do you do when you attain that? Well thats even higher.

Edited by templetao
  • Like 1

Taichi's spiritual path has spiritual alchemy. The internal power that comes from that is more powerful than the internal power you get from the martial path of taichi.

Like you can have internal power but no high level spiritual attainment. having your mco open and having internal power is for martial taichi because your internal power needs to be circulated thru your body. That alone has no real spiritual alchemy.

Bringing your chi down to your dantian, spinning it, and condensing it can be acheived in a few months. Thats beginner shit.

but creating a tian to feed and ignite the dan to attain the real yuan qi is a bit higher but what do you do when you attain that? Well thats even higher.

and then....and then ....??? You are such a tease. But nice insight.

thanks

Craig

• Like 1

Real taichi?

Nice share!!! :D

So are you saying that martial and spiritual Taijiquan are mutually exclusive?? That is, in your view, can you train both martial and spiritual Taijiquan simultaneously??

:)

Nice share!!! :D

So are you saying that martial and spiritual Taijiquan are mutually exclusive?? That is, in your view, can you train both martial and spiritual Taijiquan simultaneously??

:)

Why not...??? Are they not part of the package of Tai Ji Quan...???

Tai Ji Quan builds up one's physical strength and Yi(the human spirit). Do you have any doubt about that....??? :D

Real taichi?

In Chen taijiquan there are no 2 paths, the only "more powerfull" path is the one where you yourself train longer and harder. Taijiquan is a complete system, the martial and spiritual support eachother like yin and yang. If you have no TE/moral you can have trouble keeping your freshly cultivated martial spirit in balance (same as with xingyi). Insight in bodymechanics and sensitivity developed in training will be very usefull in healing.

The alchemy/neikung are included in the form and teaching. This is explained in the Chen Family Cannon move by move, its simple and profound. If you practice taiji correctly you WILL develop a strong connection with the tao.

The intent of the OP seemed to be - finally, here is some taichi that looks martially effective to me.

How we choose to define "real" Tai Ji Quan is a separate matter.

Personally, I would define "real" Tai Ji Quan as a system of martial training and personal cultivation that is consistent with the principles outlined in the Tai Ji Quan Classics. Just my personal definition.

Taichi leads to being a master of force whether it be physics or internal alchemy.

I remember when i was 17 Sifu came up to me and asked me to jump up without going down first to just jump up from where I was at(Try it). The secret to this is by relaxing to deepen the space between relaxation to full muscle contraction. When done correctly this can create enough force to send you air bourne.

Sifu could just jump in the air from his natural standing position with no telegraphed movement beforehand.(it was very hard fighting someone who could do this)

Now once you were able to jump up with out going down first or telegraphing it you then learned how to land softly. Then you learned how to use the force you got from the ground when you landed to launch your self back in the air very quickly.

This taught me about wasted motion.

Now once you could do this you learned how to use this princible to do a springy step to advance on your sparring partner with lighting speed with no telegraphed movement.

This same theroy was used for fasting hittting and kicking.

This was the light body technique and it can be used to move faster, jump higher, and hit harder.

Now with chi you would just relax and circulate your internal power faster and faster while relaxing deeper and deeper until the mooment of contraction and then you would direct your internal power in the way you wanted to move. But the internal was just a push it was not the technique itself it was a booster.

This was part of the offensive taichi I learned from Sifu.

Now the spirtual path of taichi was just more than the grand circulation. Which is needed to guide the internal power thru your body.

The internal power from the spiritual path of taichi is more powerful than the internal power from the martial path.

When you tap into the orginal life energy and restore the yuan chi that power just by the virtue of connecting to it enahnces you. Jing on the other hand is created by your body and your body's physical status affects your internal power.

Jing and Yuan chi both cultivate vitality into internal power but jing will never be as powerful as the source power.

Jing is internal power that comes from the bones.

Yuan chi is internal power that comes from the dantian. Connecting to this will beam a signal to all organs, nerves, cells, and so on and will charge you up. You cant ever be sick or out of balance once you connect and restore that. from that point on when you do taichi you actually connect to this and it charges you up. The elixer field that is created when you do taichi feeds this power which is intelligent. Your tapping into the inner intelligence of the body and enhancing that power. Thus neikung.

Jing is an attempt to recover that yuan chi but it will never be as powerful as it for the body is used to create jing. Yuan chi creates snd enhances the body. All the circulations like the mco is just the intrinsic energy pathways that was used in your mothers womb to create your body. Like first your spine was made then your arms, then your head just like in the path of your mco. This is also why your mco flows when you have chi in your ldt. The path of the tao is the path to the origin. When you restore and tap into your yuan chi all these circulations will happen naturally.

Now that you understand.

Can you see why just running your mco and having jing is lesser when compared to the spiritual alchemy of taichi?

Edited by templetao
  • Like 1

Taichi leads to being a master of force whether it be physics or internal alchemy.

I remember when i was 17 Sifu came up to me and asked me to jump up without going down first to just jump up from where I was at(Try it). The secret to this is by relaxing to deepen the space between relaxation to full muscle contraction. When done correctly this can create enough force to send you air bourne.

Sifu could just jump in the air from his natural standing position with no telegraphed movement beforehand.(it was very hard fighting someone who could do this)

Now once you were able to jump up with out going down first or telegraphing it you then learned how to land softly. Then you learned how to use the force you got from the ground when you landed to launch your self back in the air very quickly.

Now once you could do this you learned how to use this princible to do a springy step to advance on your sparring partner with lighting speed with no telegraphed movement.

This was the light body technique and it can be used to move faster, jump higher, and hit harder.

Now with chi you would just relax and circulate your internal power faster and faster while relaxing deeper and deeper until the mooment of contraction and then you would direct your internal power in the way you wanted to move. But the internal was just a push it was not the technique itself it was a booster.

Now the spirtual path of taichi was just more than the grand circulation. Which is needed to guide the internal power thru your body.

The internal power from the spiritual path of taichi is more powerful than the internal power from the martial path.

When you tap into the orginal life energy and restore the yuan chi that power just by the virtue of connecting to it enahnces you. Jing on the other hand is created by your body and your body's physical status affects your internal power.

Jing and Yuan chi both cultivate vitality into internal power but jing will never be as powerful as the source power.

Yuan chi is internal power that comes from the dantian. Connecting to this will beam a signal to all organs, nerves, cells, and so on and will charge you up. You cant ever be sick or out of balance once you connect and restore that. from that point on when you do taichi you actually connect to this and it charges you up. The elixer field that is created when you do taichi feeds this power which is intelligent. Your tapping into the inner intelligence of the body and enhancing that power. Thus neikung.

Jing is an attempt to recover that yuan chi but it will never be as powerful as it for the body is used to create jing. Yuan chi creates snd enhances the body. All the circulations like the mco is just the intrinsic energy pathways that was used in your mothers womb to create your body. Like first your spine was made then your arms, then your head just like in the path of your mco. This is also why your mco flows when you have chi in your ldt. The path of the tao is the path to the origin. When you restore and tap into your yuan chi all these circulations will happen naturally.

Now that you understand.

Can you see why just running your mco and having jing is lesser when compared to the spiritual alchemy of taichi?

yes excellent post and i understand. i am also speaking to a wider audience here that has never experienced a

small circulation or a grand circulation. there are folks who are critiquing tai chi chuan that do not understand the concept or an existence of a dantien, for example.

Now that you understand.

May i know wich style of taijiquan you learned from your teacher ? If youre ok with it, maybe your teachers name ? May i know from wich system you learned the powerfull spiritual side of taiji ?

That was a kinda cool breakdown. I think I want more if available...

Templetao i asked for your credentials but i doubt there are any. Maybe templestyle taiji like your master Gary J. Clyman ?

You are Elijah Wilson also known under about 4 other alts here on this forum. You run scams where you sell DVD's and info regarding neikung. These DVD's are illegal copies of Gary J. Clymans mindlight neikung course. Gary told me he send you the DVD's but your cheque bounced. He is really mad at you, especially for using he's lifestory claiming it as your own and claiming he's neikung system is yours under the name of thundermind neikung. You sell this DVD's illegaly to people on shaolin whanam, taobums, curezone, teahouse 2.0, dragonslist etc. He told me he will eat you alive for pirating he's stuff and copying he's life story telling others its your own.

Alot of what you write is made up out of thin air, fantasised, read in neikungbooks or blatantly copied from Gary's story. Fair is fair, you do have strong knowledge about neikung by now, pitty you try to scam innocent people with it.

Now i know you gonna deny all this (like previous 2 times) .. tell me your not Elijah and pretend im a loony.

I dont care :D I know its you and you know i'm me hehe

You will abandon Templetao like you abandoned Magia, Magnetic current etc and come back in 2 months under another altcharacter to try to hussle new people for your (Gary's thus) neikungsystem.

I understand why you wonna make so much mystery out of taiji .. mystery sells $$$

Still, if you have a qualified master and you practice daily you cannot get any more "spiritual". Taiji is cultivating pure consciousness. A human life isnt enough to cover the depth of taiji.

Walk the form correctly and it is one giant exercise of neikung. Your circulations will start running and your MCO will open up. Maybe follow a lesson or two and you will be suprised that all info you are trying to sell for hundreds of dollars is allready included in a beginnerslesson of Chentaiji :)

• Like 2

Templetao i asked for your credentials but i doubt there are any. Maybe templestyle taiji like your master Gary J. Clyman ?

You are Elijah Wilson also known under about 4 other alts here on this forum. You run scams where you sell DVD's and info regarding neikung. These DVD's are illegal copies of Gary J. Clymans mindlight neikung course. Gary told me he send you the DVD's but your cheque bounced. He is really mad at you, especially for using he's lifestory claiming it as your own and claiming he's neikung system is yours under the name of thundermind neikung. You sell this DVD's illegaly to people on shaolin whanam, taobums, curezone, teahouse 2.0, dragonslist etc. He told me he will eat you alive for pirating he's stuff and copying he's life story telling others its your own.

Alot of what you write is made up out of thin air, fantasised, read in neikungbooks or blatantly copied from Gary's story. Fair is fair, you do have strong knowledge about neikung by now, pitty you try to scam innocent people with it.

Now i know you gonna deny all this (like previous 2 times) .. tell me your not Elijah and pretend im a loony.

You will abandon Templetao like you abandoned Magia, Magnetic current etc and come back in 2 months under another altcharacter to try to hussle new people for your (Gary's thus) neikungsystem.

I understand why you wonna make so much mystery out of taiji .. mystery sells $$$

Still, if you have a qualified master and you practice daily you cannot get any more "spiritual". Taiji is cultivating pure consciousness. A human life isnt enough to cover the depth of taiji.

Walk the form correctly and it is one giant exercise of neikung. Your circulations will start running and your MCO will open up. Maybe follow a lesson or two and you will be suprised that all info you are trying to sell for hundreds of dollars is allready included in a beginnerslesson of Chentaiji :)

WOW

Is Garry teaching this kind of stuff then ?

• Like 1

WOW

Is Garry teaching this kind of stuff then ?

Yep and Waysun Liao (Gary's teacher) they both practice temple style taiji and teach about the inner working behind it. The jingcultivation, the circulations, the condense breathing to name a few. There prices are high.

Edited by minkus
  • Like 1

Ok...Wow fuck you in short. i wasnt posting for my own benefit i was prompted to post and this is the main reason why i deleted most of my posts.

This is a trolling action and I can asure you that you have no idea what your talking about.

Ive actually been out of town this past weekend (my sister had a baby).

but thanks to contributing to the thread on taichi or taoist alchemy i understand so much more now from your post. :rolleyes:

Yep and Waysun Liao (Gary's teacher) they both practice temple style taiji and teach about the inner working behind it. The jingcultivation, the circulations, the condense breathing to name a few. There prices are high.

No gary isnt he teaches the martial path.

Minkus has no fucking idea what he is talking about. at all.

minkus didnt understand my original post where i said that jing and jing alone cant restore yuan qi.

jing and yuan qi are 2 very very different things.

Minkus has no idea what restoring yuan qi is like or what it really means and instead of just asking he makes very ignorant assumptions.

jing alchemy is lesser alchemy( i think everyone else but minkus understood this) it does not fuse the xing and ming.

Jing feeds from the body

Yuan qi feeds the body

So thus the internal power from yuan qi is much much stronger.

Minkus dont ever again try to say i dont know what im talking about!

Edited by templetao
  • Like 1