Aaron

A Higher Love

Pleasant experiences make life delightful.

Painful experiences provide the opportunities for growth.

:)

I ended up having to endure his "love" for nearly two years. I say "love" because that's what he called it, he was "loving" me. To say that it ended up confusing me to no ends is an understatement, in fact it made it almost impossible for me to truly understand what love really was.

Aaron-

You are very brave to share all that you have in this post. I completely relate... I was sexually abused for 7 years as a child. By a man who I was led to believe was my father. He too described it as "loving" me. My mother to this day, just sees me as a tool to use. The devastating impact that has on the victim is simply hard to explain...but I see you do understand. I'm sorry for your loss of your childhood. It should never happen, to any child. I do not understand the monsters that lurk, I never will.

I understand about the child you saw...that inner child. My lost little girl still lives in me. She has finally learned to come out and play, into the light. However, I have many lost years in those 7 that I cannot/will not? remember. Flashes here and there. Smells, like it did for you, trigger for me. Small movements that seem to familiar. I did not find a healthy relationship until I was nearly 40..and even then I still had to heal and grow. I know this much...you appear to have dealt with yours more so than I. Mine are boxed tightly. Sometimes with a wicked control. I am terrified of what will happen when it all spills out and I have to confront it all head on. I also know however, that I am better equipped to deal with it now at this stage in my life...because I love myself.

Peace and Love-

Samantha

• Like 1

Would you then be opposed to creating a new thread discussing this? I simply do not know HOW to get rid of all beliefs! The moment I get rid of one set of beliefs there are others that take their place.

There would be no opposition from me. Seems that this subject is coming up in many places, for example, check out minute 17:10 - 17:44 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCWNgSa7GvA&feature=related

Even New Agers have been talking about it,...Eckhart Tolle wrote, "we need to draw our attention to what is false in us, for unless we learn to recognize the false as the false, there can be no lasting transformation, and you will always be drawn back into illusion, for that is how the false perpetuates itself"

Feel free to open your thread with those.

The bottom line is this,...belief denies, suppresses, disconnects, and disempowers. As Osho said, "Anyone Who Gives You a Belief System is your Enemy"

V

I ended up having to endure his "love" for nearly two years. I say "love" because that's what he called it, he was "loving" me. To say that it ended up confusing me to no ends is an understatement, in fact it made it almost impossible for me to truly understand what love really was.

Aaron-

You are very brave to share all that you have in this post. I completely relate... I was sexually abused for 7 years as a child. By a man who I was led to believe was my father. He too described it as "loving" me. My mother to this day, just sees me as a tool to use. The devastating impact that has on the victim is simply hard to explain...but I see you do understand. I'm sorry for your loss of your childhood. It should never happen, to any child. I do not understand the monsters that lurk, I never will.

I understand about the child you saw...that inner child. My lost little girl still lives in me. She has finally learned to come out and play, into the light. However, I have many lost years in those 7 that I cannot/will not? remember. Flashes here and there. Smells, like it did for you, trigger for me. Small movements that seem to familiar. I did not find a healthy relationship until I was nearly 40..and even then I still had to heal and grow. I know this much...you appear to have dealt with yours more so than I. Mine are boxed tightly. Sometimes with a wicked control. I am terrified of what will happen when it all spills out and I have to confront it all head on. I also know however, that I am better equipped to deal with it now at this stage in my life...because I love myself.

Peace and Love-

Samantha

Hello Samantha,

I'm sorry to hear about your abuse. From my own experience, the past does come out, it does so when you least expect it, when life is going well and things could rarely be better. I still don't remember much of my early childhood, but perhaps one day I will. I think our mind has a way of letting those things out when it's the right time. I do hope that if it does happen to you, that it's as painless as possible.

Thank you for your kind words and best wishes.

Aaron

Peace and Love-

Samantha

This, too, is very brave, Samantha. Thank you for being willing to share.

For those paying attention, the first time VMarco interacted with someone else on this forum was on this thread, it happened to be me. In that light, I wonder how much love I actually showed him? He obviously has a great passion for what he believes and I don't think he can be faulted for that. I certainly hope when he gets back that we can, as a community of people looking for a higher purpose, address him with a soft and even hand, rather than allow our base emotions to dictate our actions.

Love everyone and love yourself with a sincere and open heart, if you can do this, then I think you are capable of achieving anything.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Not to dampen your spirits, Twinner, but look at what he said (refer post #22 above) when Mythmaker, one of the most stable voices of this community, attempted to interact in a decent conversation with him. Has he no sense of tactfulness at all? This is just one example out of at least a dozen others which i do not have the time nor the inclination to go search for. He talks down to everyone who sincerely wanted to welcome him here, and ironically, he is the one who drones on about 'Welcome'. What a laugh i got from it.

This is not an academic board, its a general discussion platform, and if his goal is not to get to know folks here better, and if he returns and continues with his monotonous, one dimensional lectures, then good luck in trying to squeeze some juice outta him.

I am all for the pursuit of knowledge and wisdom, and if you think you can (hope to) learn something useful in future from Vmarco, then i wish you the very best.

I am not lynching him, as some people seem to think. I just find his repetitions, going over the same words and quotes over and over and over, dragging on a bit. Will he adapt? I hope so. Will he actually attempt to make an effort? I dont think he knows how.

And with this, i am done speaking about Vmarco.

late edit

Edited by CowTao

As a close, dear love in my life likes to remind folks sometimes, "You gotta let that shit GO." :closedeyes:

Are you sure this is in the right thread R_V? :wub:

Rich

You can love a tiger from a distance but you dont need to go and stroke him.

I learned that about female tigers.

Marbleito,why?

No .

Pick up the pieces of the heart that felt apart,

Use some of the loves suprglue and do what tigers do,

(rhymin and stlylin by sun,there is an imaginary tune going on in the background together with the beatbox)

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/ammit/ammit1005/ammit100500033/7025013-male-and-female-tiger-in-a-romantic-pose--in-their-natural-habitat.jpg

Edited by suninmyeyes

Marbleito,why?

No .

Pick up the pieces of the heart that felt apart,

Use some of the loves suprglue and do what tigers do,

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/ammit/ammit1005/ammit100500033/7025013-male-and-female-tiger-in-a-romantic-pose--in-their-natural-habitat.jpg

I couldn't see the pic as it didn't upload properly.

Yeah, I know, but I'll be alright. I'm too old now anyhow to be playing with any tigers.

Hum!

A Higher Love. Is that what happens after you and your loved one smoke a joint together?

Okay. I can see the picture now. Sweet. Yeah, I have known that feeling.

Edited by Marblehead

So right now I am listening to a group called Chocolate Watchband and the title of the song now playing is "Don't Lie About Love".

Just wanted to say that.