Immortal4life

The Mysterious Origins of Man

Over 500 cultures worldwide have accounts of a major flood or worldwide Earth changes.

Oh, really?

Do you know that China is not one of those and China's history goes back 8,000 years.

Maybe only one half of the planet had a flood?

But yes, during its 4.7 billion year existence there have been many worldwide Earth changes.

Earth is going to be in really deep trouble when our sun runs out of fuel! That will be called "The End".

• Like 1

He got you there Marbles! :lol:

Not really. What is being spoken to is the flooding of the rivers where the greatest majority of the Chinese population lived and basically still do. The Missippii River still floods.

These are natural events. I was not talking about myths and superstitions (or religious stories either).

There never was a great flood but there may have been a snowball Earth for a while.

But then, I know that there are many who believe these stories to be fact rather than a tool for teaching a lesson as they should be understood. I have no problem with that. But I think those who do so should at least realize what they are doing.

Edited by Marblehead

There never was a great flood but there may have been a snowball Earth for a while.

What happened when all that snow melted?

This should shed some light on the mystery-

What happened when all that snow melted?

This should shed some light on the mystery-

Hehehe. Good try Immortal. First, his numbers of how fast sea levels rose is unrealistic.

Second, that 'underwater civilization' is off the coast of Japan and the stones are natural formations. What most mentions of these stones fail to mention and point out is that these formations are also found above sea level in that area and the idae that they were man-made has been thrown out.

But I do agree that sea levels change with the changes of the earth's temperatures resulting from the slight tilting of the earth on its axis.

There have been many ice ages and there have been many occurances of rising sea levels.

It is believed that the story in the Bible about a great flood is the carrying over of tales of the creation of the Black Sea when the Mediterranean Sea level rose and breached the land barrier that protected a great valley to the north. This happened at the end of one of earth's ice ages.

BTW We are supposedly nearing the end of the last ice age. Current rising sea levels is a natural result of this event. This event naturally causes climate change. How much humankind is contributing to climate change is still pretty much an unknown.

There is no doubt that the earth went through catasrophic changes, and sea levels rose by a lot, at the end of the last ice age.

The experts who have studied Yonaguni in depth, including Dr. Kimura, have stated it is definitely shaped by humans. They have even found tool marks and inscriptions on it.

It is proven that climate change today, it influenced greatly by CO2 emissions, this is not in dispute. In fact they can chart exactlty how much man is contributing to it. Look up the Hockey stick graph, or an Inconvenient Truth.

Edited by Immortal4life

There is no doubt that the earth went through catasrophic changes, and sea levels rose by a lot, at the end of the last ice age.

The experts who have studied Yonaguni in depth, including Dr. Kimura, have stated it is definitely shaped by humans. They have even found tool marks and inscriptions on it.

It is proven that climate change today, it influenced greatly by CO2 emissions, this is not in dispute. In fact they can chart exactlty how much man is contributing to it. Look up the Hockey stick graph, or an Inconvenient Truth.

First Para: Yep.

Second Para: Based on the documentaries I have seen, it is naturally formed rock.

Third Para: Yes, CO2 is a greenhouse gas. Methane is 50 time more effective. Yes, humanity is contributing greatly to not only CO2 but methane as well. What is most feared is that the frozen methane in the earth an in the oceans will become a gas, escape into the atmosphere and then we will have a really big problem.

Yes, good video even though a little dramatic at the end.

But it's not only the oceans but all frozen bog areas around the world. So much locked up methane as well as methane regularly being released every day.

I have heard of one efficient capture (somewhere in Nothern Europe or Russia) process that is used to fuel some kind of manufacturing process.

If industry could find efficient wasy to capture this methane we would have a fuel supply that would last us tens of hundreds of years.

Yes, that worked for me. And I agree that most Nothern Native American Nations have man being created from earth (soil or water). And I also agree that many other cultures have similar myths.

well, if what comes from tao returns to tao...and

if our origin is from the dirt,dust,mud, clay etc and our final resting place

is usually back into the dirt,dust,mud, clay etc :P

nevermind

well, if what comes from tao returns to tao...and

if our origin is from the dirt,dust,mud, clay etc and our final resting place

is usually back into the dirt,dust,mud, clay etc :P

nevermind

Hehehe.

You got it!