ChiDragon

What is ATP...?

goes along with Luk saying elimination of salt helps cut down the anions to help foster the positive principle B)

Could someone please define what is meant by the "positive principle"?

Could someone please define what is meant by the "positive principle"?

Originally it is the yang part of the yin-yang unity, yang is thought of as positive and yin as negative. Has to do with many things (aside from the classical "sunny side of the hill" and "shady side of the hill") -- e.g., human anatomy, so arranged that "something crucial for the survival of the species sticking out" in a male corresponds to "nothing crucial for the survival of the species sticking out" in a female. Which is why "something" is interpreted as "positive," i.e. "right there, sticking out," whereas "no such thing, nothing sticking out" equals "negative." So far so good, "positive" is not "better" than "negative," just "opposite," but not "opposite" as an "enemy in opposition," more like a clear case of "opposites attract," like oppositely charged ends of magnets, let's call one of them "plus" or "positive" and the other one "minus" or "negative." Let's call the presence of light yang, "positive," and its opposite, absence of light (darkness), "shady side of the hill," yin, "negative." So far so good. Still no attacks on the negative, yin, female principle, just noticing that it's "opposite" to yang and that existence and awareness can only be the outcome of both interacting continuously. If there's no "darkness," there can be no "light." Positive and negative depend on each other. So far so good.

Then things went very wrong for humanity and a whole civilization (Indo-European, and then most of the rest which it either destroyed or hijacked) was arranged around the idea that "positive," i.e. male, means "good," and "negative," i.e. female, means "bad." Which is why today, a few thousand years of brainwashing later, you come across scores of gurus and practices that have grown out of this fucked up idea, most of them unbeknownst to them. Few of their disciples seem to know that if you come across a practice that is supposed to get you to some "pure yang," "pure spirit," some victory of any which "positive principle" over its opposite in any shape or form, the correct response is, RUN. So instead, folks embrace these goodies, because, well, they are sons and daughters of many generations of duped humans taught to think of "positive" as "good" or in any event "better" than "negative." The whole civilization spins around "something's got to be sticking out everywhere," nothing is left alone in its "nothing sticking out" state -- we build pyramids, rockets, transmission towers, skyscrapers, oil rigs, nuclear plants... "positive" stuff. And then some folks go "spiritual" in ways that are about this "positive principle" all over again -- without noticing that they are still doing the same thing as everybody else in our "positive" set up, only now in the la-la land of, um, spiritual practices. These practices lead to... well, I don't know where they lead, but it can't be anything "real," because reality can only tolerate idiocy as a local and temporal phenomenon, not as an eternal state of affairs.

Hope this helps. :)

Article

"A key enzyme in the process is stimulated by two molecules, not one, as previously thought."

Not as previously thought by ?

Sometimes I wonder how much of a 'storehouse' certain 'traditions' are providing to others and also what "things" got worked out by independent (ok, maybe I'm being silly) work.

I guess if I were a slacker scientist, I would:

- read the TTC

- read the Upanishads

- read the Koran

- read the Bible

- read Plato

- red the Yellow Emperor's treatise

Figure out a bunch of doable research projects based on any (all) of the above. Do the experiments. Write the papers. Claim authorship. Patent application. C5sh in :-)