Look what I have just found .Has anyone tried it?

http://www.chirunning.com/what-is-chirunning/

Looks interesting and possibly similar to the basics of Running Qigong.

Running Qigong, as I practice and teach to advanced students, consists of a core technique (appears by just glancing at your link that it may be similar). Then we add to this the specific techniques of Stamina, Lightness, Swiftness, and Qi Pushing.

Think I'll go do some right now.

• Like 1

It's a great philosophy, and I'm glad someone's helping others learn to be mindful with their bodies. :wub:

What I'd really love to see are classes in school, that don't teach technique, but rather just guide kids' exploration of their own physical awareness. Play, listen, learn.

Injury so often comes from just not knowing how to pay attention, or from putting goals ahead of what's real. So learning to pay attention to the real, to the feedback of the body, seems like a foundation for a lifetime of ease and growth.

i've just started running this style for about a month or so now. really enjoying it.

sean

Looks interesting and possibly similar to the basics of Running Qigong.

Running Qigong, as I practice and teach to advanced students, consists of a core technique (appears by just glancing at your link that it may be similar). Then we add to this the specific techniques of Stamina, Lightness, Swiftness, and Qi Pushing.

Think I'll go do some right now.

Wow I never even knew there was running qigong!Thats cool .

How long is it reccomended to run for,if any time limits?I guess I am suprised and curious becouse I thought all running practises were considered kind of 'anti cultivation'in Taoist circles due to the loss('loss')of chi or something.Dont know much about chi stuff or similar ,so this could easily be a very ignorant statment.

I like running exactly becouse what this author is talking about,the feeling of lightness and fluidity that pushes my soul out.

Otis-

I am with you big time on classes in schools that guide kids to play,listen ,learn.You have some talent going on, maybe you should get yourself going and develop some program/workshops.Have you ever thought about this?We need a revolution in this field!

b]Otis[/b]-

I am with you big time on classes in schools that guide kids to play,listen ,learn.You have some talent going on, maybe you should get yourself going and develop some program/workshops.Have you ever thought about this?We need a revolution in this field!

I have thought about it, and the idea of helping to create such a curriculum excites me. Maybe in the future.

My present path is in the film and TV industry, rather than education, so I'd probably have to do a lot of groundwork and going back to school, before any educators would even listen to my ideas.

Instead, I've been promoting (what I think of as) a Taoist approach to fitness and grown-up play, through the videos I post on my YouTube channel. Maybe I'll generate media, to help get the movement started.

• Like 1

I've been a long distance runner for years and I'm somewhat familiar with the chi running method, having practiced it for about two months last year. My only problem with cultivation through running is that you can't really listen to podcasts/music while you run, because that makes you zone out and you are not mindful of your body. Which is exactly the point you might say, but running with music is something I've always enjoyed a lot and struggle to give up.

Wow I never even knew there was running qigong!Thats cool .

How long is it reccomended to run for,if any time limits?I guess I am suprised and curious becouse I thought all running practises were considered kind of 'anti cultivation'in Taoist circles due to the loss('loss')of chi or something.Dont know much about chi stuff or similar ,so this could easily be a very ignorant statment.

The system I do is of Taoist origins. It is definitely energy cultivation. Although I will say it is much more difficult than walking qigong cultivation. One can run for as long as his/her body can. My teacher used to do this for 25 miles per day. I am not that industrious. I used to run much farther than I do now.

The system I do is of Taoist origins. It is definitely energy cultivation. Although I will say it is much more difficult than walking qigong cultivation. One can run for as long as his/her body can. My teacher used to do this for 25 miles per day. I am not that industrious. I used to run much farther than I do now.

Cool stuff ^_^

-I read of special ways of running for long distances without becoming tired in Opening the Dragon Gate.

Edited by Empty_Water