Sign in to follow this  
Immortal4life

Human Anatomy- The Spiritual Perspective

I believe Joseph Campbell discusses this in 'Masks of God' vol 1.

Thanks - I've yet to read Campbell. I'll check it out.

Is that a good place to start in his oeuvre?

Thanks - I've yet to read Campbell. I'll check it out.

Is that a good place to start in his oeuvre?

I believe it is a 3 vol. set and is well worth reading.

I am sure there will be more relation between some religions than there are between Humans and Apes.

That's not a safe bet.

A few of the more honest statements scientists have made....

First, Darwin himself-

And Gould-

Dr. Colin Patterson wrote a book for the British Museum of Natural History entitled, "Evolution". When asked why he had not included a single photograph of a transitional fossil in his book, Patterson responded:

N. Heribert Nilsson, a famous botanist, evolutionist and professor at Lund University in Sweden-

Even the popular press is catching on. This is from an article in Newsweek magazine-

I thought this thread was human anatomy from the spiritual perspective. How does the above relate?

It's just bonus material, extras.

Also, many threads end up going off the main subject a little bit and into related areas.

So what becomes apparent, is that all these fossils that were at one time claimed to be ancestors of humans, have ultimately proven to not be.

Edited by Immortal4life

Pineal Gland-

So the way the Third Eye works and is constructed is definitely a good way to distinguish a human from an animal. Animals, usually have elongated skulls, and often have brow ridges. One theory is that the brow ridges are not optimal for humans, and could prevent opening of the Third Eye center to the highest levels. Although, that is not to say that animals don't have any third eye abilities.

I definitelely believe our current form has to do with the functioning of the Chakras and Energy centers.

Edited by Immortal4life

Pineal Gland-

So the way the Third Eye works and is constructed is definitely a good way to distinguish a human from an animal. Animals, usually have elongated skulls, and often have brow ridges. One theory is that the brow ridges are not optimal for humans, and could prevent opening of the Third Eye center to the highest levels. Although, that is not to say that animals don't have any third eye abilities.

I definitelely believe our current form has to do with the functioning of the Chakras and Energy centers.

Who made this theory?

No one person made it. Over time, as human civilization made more and more progress, and understood more things about Nature, it just came to be understood in the general population.

Edited by Immortal4life

Another article talking about Human Origins-

http://www.theosophy-nw.org/theosnw/ktmanual/kt-sons2.htm

With the Fall of man into material conditions, the third eye, the spiritual organ of vision, was gradually transformed (physically) into a simple gland, and ceased to perform its function in the vast majority of men.
Edited by Immortal4life

With the Fall of man ...

You know what?

I really get tired of hearing statements like this.

They are generalized statements as if they apply to every person. Doing so is untruthful and very misleading.

We don't even really know the condition of man prior to written history.

True, man lived closer to nature way back when. But can it be honestly said that man was more spiritual back then? I think it is fair to say that man was more delusional back then.

Man has made a lot of wonderfuyl advances over the years.

Sure, we have made some really bad blunders too. What does this prove? That we aren't perfect in the eyes all all humans. But will we ever be? I doubt it. Hey, we have a hard time agreeing with each other just here on this board.

Today, at this very moment I am sure that there are numerous people who are on the brink of attaining spiritual purity. And yes, there are many who are on the brink of becoming totally lost.

Any qualification/quantification of spirituality of humanity is void because spirituality is a very personal part of a person's life.

The best measure would be to measure the individual. But the individual must be measured on their own terms, not on ours. And this best measure would be based on how the individual interacts with all aspects of their external being.

The best measure would be to measure the individual. But the individual must be measured on their own terms, not on ours. And this best measure would be based on how the individual interacts with all aspects of their external being.

While this is true, it is not only individuals which display certain ideas, preferences, trends, etc. You will find that people can be similar to each other depending on geographic location, culture, generation, etc.

So it is not only individual humans that have their own karma, but nations, generations, and even genetic races of people.

While this is true, it is not only individuals which display certain ideas, preferences, trends, etc. You will find that people can be similar to each other depending on geographic location, culture, generation, etc.

So it is not only individual humans that have their own karma, but nations, generations, and even genetic races of people.

Yep. I do agree with you but I would never suggest that this is anything even close to being universal.

Outcasts from societies is a perfect example.

Yep. I do agree with you but I would never suggest that this is anything even close to being universal.

Outcasts from societies is a perfect example.

I think it balances out. If there are people who are outkasts, then there will also be other people who are very productive and more social than average too.

I think it balances out. If there are people who are outkasts, then there will also be other people who are very productive and more social than average too.

Agreed.

(I've been agreeing with you a lot lately. People are going to start wondering about me. Hehehe.)

Jeeezze.

I don't listen to that kind of music but I do know who Rosa was, I admire and respect what she did. Yes, she was an outkast. She just couldn't stay in the basket she was place in.

Sign in to follow this