Sign in to follow this  
mjjbecker

Tears of the Soul

This has the makings of a grand opera, unless of course the mods are willing to step in to redirect the script? If not, i have all the time playing my part...

Why do you require the moderators to regulate the script? Self-regulation was always an option before you resorted to whatever behavior you exhibited on this thread. Is this your way of calling "Mommy" for help after being a bad boy (or cow)?

Be a Man dear friend :)

Sorry, I must be delirious! I am asking Cow to be a Man? :D

Point to note is - you derailed the thread, insulted the gentleman who was sharing some really useful information and decided to create a circus of similes and useless sneers. When you do that, don't expect your action to go unchallenged.

Edited by Simplicity Rules
  • Like 2

Why do you require the moderators to regulate the script? Self-regulation was always an option before you resorted to whatever behavior you exhibited on this thread. Is this your way of calling "Mommy"?

I'd say you have no worries here... you are playing your part with impeccable finesse and behavioral astuteness. Its me who needs propping up under the weight of such immense magnanimity.

I'd say you have no worries here... you are playing your part with impeccable finesse and behavioral astuteness. Its me who needs propping up under the weight of such immense magnanimity.

Well, why are you stating the obvious? When you understand your shortcoming, why not work on it than talk here...endlessly and with compassion of course :D

• Like 1

*** Moderator Message ****

Dear Fellow TaoBums,

I know you are better than this. Insults and criticism are harsh words are they not? How about some restraint in favour of 'right speech'. I have read most of this thread and also the calls for moderator action. Rather than that why not moderate your selves?

Even if you disagree with what the other person is saying they have a right to say it ... stick to the subject and do not make the subject someone else's shortcomings. Please avoid personal attacks and insults or we will take action.

Peace and compassion,

Apech for Mod Team

*** Message end ***

• Like 2

Apech,

I apologize for my behavior here. It really was not my intention to do so. Seeing the same derailment of various threads, sometimes through "compassion", other times through "dependent origination", gets a little tiring. And when you begin to insult teachers who are generously sharing here for no reason, it gets worse.

Needless to say, I apologize for my behavior, specially to YaMu, as I contributed indirectly to further derailing of the thread. Some voices here are too loud and wordy, to the point of suffocating the quieter ones. But what can be done? So is Life, and I agree that the quiet one needs to continue being quiet and peaceful and not become one with the lynch mob and yell.

I exactly did that, and so I apologize.

Glad to see you have come to your senses. About time too.

Glad to see you are still exhibiting highest degree of "compassion". Keep it up!

Edited by Simplicity Rules
  • Like 2

Well, why are you stating the obvious? When you understand your shortcoming, why not work on it than talk here...endlessly and with compassion of course :D

Could you not see that i was coerced into stating the obvious? Sort of compromised, in fact.

Shortcomings? How about long-goings? Maybe that needs to be tweaked as well, eh boyo?

Glad to see you have come to your senses. About time too.

Some further authority for my mod message above:

Harsh Words

There are three types of harsh words: direct, circuitous, and indirect. The first one is forceful, directly digging at someone's various faults. The second is to use sarcasm or some funny words just to hurt. The third one is to dig at someone's various faults by saying bad things to his friends or relatives.

The Jewel Ornament of Liberation

Gampopa

trans. Khenpo Konchog Gylatsen Rinpoche

• Like 3

Inspiring Thread.

Real and powerful

It certainly started out that way before becoming derailed. To attempt to put it back on track:

Healing others and developed compassion is what this thread is supposed to be about.

Stillness-Movement practice and it's Medical Qigong component is actually based on compassion. Why would anyone wish to go to all the trouble of learning how to heal others without compassion in their heart? No other motivation is worthy of the practice. As we develop with the practice, the higher components of compassion manifest. In other words, due to what we see and feel when utilizing higher level vibration energy for healing, we come to a knowing of the power of true compassion.

This is not a pure Taoist nor a pure Buddhist practice as it has components of each and strives to rise above any limitation of either. In other words, from a Taoist standpoint, we learn to dance in the Wu Wei. By doing so, we rise above any written thing and are in tune with what any particular writer of Taoist or Buddhist thought has written about.

Kwan Yin was revered not by just by any particular religion, but by many folks, in many places in the world. Influence through China is definitely a part of QuanYin's legacy. Did Kwan Yin practice healing? My information says yes, but it is difficult to find written component of this. My understanding and orally passed down information is that Kwan Yin has many incarnations, both as male and female and most definitely was a healer. I can definitely say this; in my workshops I really don't talk about this, but later on ALL serious students of the Stillness-Movement healing system gravitate to an understanding of Kwan Yin and start asking more about Kwan Yin. Many have visions and understandings from the Higher Levels of Kwan Yin during practice of Dreaming Stillness-Movement.

Healing others has many components, but yes, compassion is it's base, or at least it is in this system.

• Like 8

I thought to sow some compassion :lol:

Q

This thread reminded me of that very same song.

Arya-Avalokiteshvaro Bodhisattvo gambhiram prajna-paramita-charyam charamano...

Having nothing to attain, bodhisattvas live the perfection of wisdom with no hindrance in the mind.

No hindrance, thus no fear.

Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate Bodhi Swaha!

Edited by Creation
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this