Sign in to follow this  
ralis

Suppression and Repression of Sexuality

I don't think you can do this mystical thing without some level of control. So in a sense this is suppression or inhibition of some tendencies in your being - for instance habitual negative thoughts. But I also agree that its not about sexual repression.

I think the problem is that we start from a state of confusion - so we have to start by sorting out the wheat from the caff. Also we have been conditioned to think certain ways about sex which may be harmful. So we do have to purify in a relative sense. But also it is true that it is all about disclosing to ourselves the true nature of our selves an dour sexual energy which you can't do if you are suppressing what is an essential part of yourself.

I don't think you can do this mystical thing without some level of control. So in a sense this is suppression or inhibition of some tendencies in your being - for instance habitual negative thoughts. But I also agree that its not about sexual repression.

I think the problem is that we start from a state of confusion - so we have to start by sorting out the wheat from the caff. Also we have been conditioned to think certain ways about sex which may be harmful. So we do have to purify in a relative sense. But also it is true that it is all about disclosing to ourselves the true nature of our selves an dour sexual energy which you can't do if you are suppressing what is an essential part of yourself.

Do we have to supress or inhibit habitual neg thoughts? Is it an effective way to transform them? I think we watch them, listen to them, bring them to the light, dont attach to them, dispassionately observe ourselves being pupeteered by them, suffer them, and move on, use taoist or other techniques to purify, purify, purify, and then purify some more.

If by 'inhibit' you mean when we think someone is a complete asshole , we dont splurge our thought out at them, then I agree we do that. But I think we do more than that. We work with the thought to dissolve it, with humour and awareness at our lack of empathy so that we get to a place of neutrality or at worst a comfortable 'no thanks' instead of a reactive repudiation.

If we only inhibit, and dont transform, we are in a position of no change, no growth.

I wouldnt like to think that I would be tempering negative thought responses in the same endless way ad infinitum. That would be 'manners' and 'being polite' which is a good discipline in its own right, but not enough for a practitioner, I'd have thought.

I know that when I share doubts and negative responses with you,Apech, for example, doing that removes the charge from them and they dissolve each time with less to them than before. If I inhibited them to the extent that I didnt share them, and I wasnt able to work with them, they would cause me grief and impede my progress/clarity.

• Like 1

Do we have to supress or inhibit habitual neg thoughts? Is it an effective way to transform them? I think we watch them, listen to them, bring them to the light, dont attach to them, dispassionately observe ourselves being pupeteered by them, suffer them, and move on, use taoist or other techniques to purify, purify, purify, and then purify some more.

yes but to 'watch' them you have to stop yourself immediately acting on them don't you? That's what I meant by some kind of control ... but if you just inhibit something in a dumb sort of way then you actually increase its energy ... you could pressure cook yourself by damming up sexual energy. If that's what's meant by suppression it not a good idea. But I think there are people who choose celibacy for instance for entirely positive reasons ... its right for them ... they must go through some kind of process which allows them to release and redirect the sexual energy otherwise they become a suppressor.

If by 'inhibit' you mean when we think someone is a complete asshole , we dont splurge our thought out at them, then I agree we do that. But I think we do more than that. We work with the thought to dissolve it, with humour and awareness at our lack of empathy so that we get to a place of neutrality or at worst a comfortable 'no thanks' instead of a reactive repudiation.

Oh to be a complete asshole ... if only ... I spend my days as a partial asshole looking up at my betters .... :lol:

If we only inhibit, and dont transform, we are in a position of no change, no growth.

I wouldnt like to think that I would be tempering negative thought responses in the same endless way ad infinitum. That would be 'manners' and 'being polite' which is a good discipline in its own right, but not enough for a practitioner, I'd have thought.

I know that when I share doubts and negative responses with you,Apech, for example, doing that removes the charge from them and they dissolve each time with less to them than before. If I inhibited them to the extent that I didnt share them, and I wasnt able to work with them, they would cause me grief and impede my progress/clarity.

Completely agree.

Edited by Apech
bad typing as usual

OK.. I believe.. there is a purpose for celibacy and/or just not ejaculating and conserving one's sex energy and transforming lust into something more useful.

SURE organizations have used celibacy to control their students, but that's not in all the cases. One has to sort it out, NOT ALL CELIBACY PRACTICE IS BAD or destructive.

The best solution would then be to learn either Taoist or Indian sexual yoga to learn how to have sex without ejaculation. I'm referring to men here, women don't have to really worry about this.

I dunno.. Marnia at reuniting.info seems to have a differing opinion. She think even women can experience a loss of jing, or depletes herself with orgasm or 'excessively heated' sex.

But then again, women by nature have more liver-blood as compared to men according to TCM theory.

As for which is better: hot sex or the cooler type a la karezza/neotantra (of reuniting.info) I'm not sure. For cultivation purposes I might lean more towards the latter, but the former might be necessary as sexual gongfu might have it's purpose ? Though I'm not inclined to follow Mantak Chia's teachnigs on this because he focuses only on the 'hot sex' (I think). MAybe Dr. Lin might be better preferred.

Edited by Non

No! Really? Yeah I do want to get it on!!Sex in Space

Wow.. I wonder how sex would be without gravity. I wonder if that would change the energy flow?

I said "not really," because they reabsorb some of what they lose during sex. Though if they are having gushing type orgasms all the time then, yes, it can lead to depletion. Even sexual exhaustion symptoms, like what men experience when they are constantly depleting themselves. Just check out some case stories on www.actionlove.com.

So what's your take on the differences between the types of sex karezza/neotantric sex and Dr. Lin's Sexual Chikung/Kung Fu?

So Dr. Lin's stuff is ok and doesn't lead to energy loss? Dr. Marnia is against Mantak Chia's stuff because she says it's "too hot" and leads to depletion, although less than ordinary orgasm/ejaculation practice. Then there is also the question of whether it will lead to what she calls "Satiation" in which oxytocin is dpleted and dopamine takes over which restarts the whole dopamine cycling thing and leads to loss of sensitivity to your partner.

Edited by Non

I would appreciate keeping this discussion on topic!

That sounds like censorship and artificially shaping the conversation!

:P

• Like 2

Check out my thread: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/18175-sigh/

This pretty much explains "normal lustful sex", at least in the modern society. So why not try to transform this? In fact I would see it as a hindrance to my life not to, and somewhat wrong if I dont.

To be honest it does seem as if normal sexuality is somewhat a disgrace, and abusive to each other. Furthermore it is based on violence and disharmony, violence against our own through inequality-competition. Fear, anger, etc. Just like drewhempel talks about. It's true.

It's probably that this "normal sex" is on an extreme part of the spectrum that people would view any kind of celibate practice or transformation of any sort "repressive".

Edited by Non

Check out my thread: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/18175-sigh/

This pretty much explains "normal lustful sex", at least in the modern society. So why not try to transform this? In fact I would see it as a hindrance to my life not to, and somewhat wrong if I dont.

To be honest it does seem as if normal sexuality is somewhat a disgrace, and abusive to each other.

It's probably that this "normal sex" is on an extreme part of the spectrum that people would view any kind of celibate practice or transformation of any sort "repressive".

First of all, that article you linked is riddled with ridiculous sexist assumptions (in both gender directions), all of which had already been arbitrarily defined and assumed to be universally true.

Translation: it is probably applicable in a handful of cases, but not able to be generalized.

So no, I would not say "normal sex" is sado masochistic. People aren't resistant to celibacy because they won't have anyone to dominate, or to dominate them.

Further, much of the thinking you tend to cite does not account for the fluidity in human interactions. In mutually entered into human relationships (romantic or otherwise) there is constant, simultaneous give and take on BOTH sides.

You can't say "well she does the dishes so she's obviously the submissive unit", or "he takes out the trash, he's obviously taking control of the situation"

Just like it's silly to say "she likes to be on top, that means she's the man!", I mean what happens when he's on top tomorrow? Or "he's a woman because she asked him to move the car and he submitted to her request".

This is a perfect example of attaching too much baggage to stuff. If she likes it on top and he likes her on top, it doesn't mean he harbors feminine, submissive, subconsciously masochistic tendencies. Maybe that's just the way it plays out when it happens.

If this guy's article is your definition of normal sex, and you don't agree with it which is why you are going into celibacy, then again, I strongly encourage you to actually examine why you think this, and dare I say it, actually get out there and have some relationships (not necessarily romantic or sexual) with women (and people in general).

Because your view of what is "normal" is actually kind of disturbing, and quite telling about where you're coming from.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Joeblast is that done by rising the vitality through the central,front or back channel? Through the MCO?

Exactly what is done depends on what exactly it is you're doing - simply breathing harmoniously does a measure of it, but combine that with awareness-intent growing and shrinking a subtle ball of energy at the proper location, quarter to golf ball sized perhaps and back is a good way to start, let it settle in stillness always afterwards. The MCO takes this energy you cultivate and helps spread it through your channels.

Wise words :)

i don't remember who the original poster was, i saved it into my computer for later.

i think it sums up my beliefs too...

Qi is sexual.

If it doesn't flow into it's natural channels, it will create floods and disasters, much like a river that has that potential.

So, there we have it:

1. The way of the humans (procreation and pleasure)

2. The way of the sages (nuturing wisdom and higher consciousness)

3. The way of the pervert (nutruring sexual desire that is unnatural and unsafe)

4. The way of the wacko (sexual energy destabilizing the nervous system)

Mm?

Hello Little 1,

I am the one that posted those comments, so I wanted to elaborate a bit about them. First I don't agree with your opinions regarding the way of humans, sages, perverts, and wackos. First using the word nurturing may not actually describe what is going on in regards to sex and sexuality.

There is a common misconception that sexual deviancy is about sex, when most researchers now agree that sexual deviancy is closely linked to control, in this particular instance the control of people. The use of paraphilia is the way that people derive control through certain stimulus. Whether it's a foot fetish, pedophilia, or bestiality, ultimately it's not really about sex, but rather a desire to control others that is founded on deep seeded, oftentimes unconscious, feelings of inadequacy commonly associated with neglect or abuse in childhood. In particular, if a child felt helpless during a certain situation, especially during adolescence, they may later associate that situation with sex.

The fact that these desires are carried out sexually, should not detract from what is actually going on. Someone who is molesting children may be sexually attracted to children, but that does not mean that the driving force behind their actions is simply that attraction. Rather it is the desire to gain control, to feel as if they have control, that causes them to perpetuate their abuse.

One thing to keep in mind is that as a person suffering from a sexual deviancy grows older their ability to control their urges regarding those impulses diminishes. Using the model of pedophiles for instance, most pedophiles (that end up molesting children) will have molested their first victim by their mid to late twenties. Of course where it gets tricky is the definition of pedophiles, because not everyone that molests a child is a pedophile.

Remember I said that some people who become celibate will act out in a deviant way, well that happens because stress can lower the impulse control of a person, in particular depression, anxiety, or major life traumas are often the catalyst that causes someone who is not necessarily a pedophile to actually abuse a child. Many times this is accompanied with alcohol or drug abuse, but just as often it happens without any drugs involved. The apparent lack of control that these people feel causes them to act out in a way that allows them to control others. Now in nearly all of the incidents where people act out in this way sexually, what one finds is that these people were not engaging in normal sexual behavior prior to the incident, i.e. they were having marital problems, relationship problems, or were celibate.

This is one of the reason why I suggest that normal sexual release is not only healthy, but necessary. Because of the important part that sex plays in our lives, when we feel stress, but have no outlet for these desires and impulses, then we are more likely to engage in behavior that is deviant, whether it be molesting children or not listening when the girl we are with says "no". Many people who have engaged in these acts never thought they were capable of it before it happened.

Now, although I am not an expert, I did work as a case manager monitoring sexual offenders for a few years. What I learned is only the tip of the iceberg regarding sexual deviancy, in particular violent and dangerous repeat offenders. What I can tell you is that in nearly every case once one perpetuates this form of abuse they have a very high chance of repeating the offense. It's almost like a drug addict taking their first hit. Once they've gotten that first high, they start chasing it over and over.

Anyways I think I've elaborated enough on that, my point is that nurturing has nothing to do with what's happening here, rather it's the lack of nurturing that causes people to become deviant. In the case of the deviants that actually enter these celibate institutions, it's often done because they feel that it's the only way for them to gain control over these urges. Very few pedophile priests, for instance, entered the priesthood to have access to children, rather they entered under the hopes that somehow the priesthood would remove their impulses to harm children. When this doesn't happen, their willpower slowly fades and they inevitably end up placing themselves in positions where they have access to children. This is the overwhelming problem with celibacy, most normal men (and women) do not look at celibacy as an option. Normal men are highly unlikely to enter into an institution that will deprive them of one of the things they enjoy most in life. When they do enter these institutions, what happens in many instances is that as they repress their sexual urges for longer and longer periods of time, what can eventually happen is what I explained before, they encounter a stressful times in their life and act out sexually, by exerting control over someone else.

Again I didn't intend to go into this level of depth, so I will leave it here and just say, celibacy is not natural under any condition and practicing celibacy, in my opinion, puts one in more danger than not. Peace be with you.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner
  • Like 2

Hello Little 1,

I am the one that posted those comments, so I wanted to elaborate a bit about them. First I don't agree with your opinions regarding the way of humans, sages, perverts, and wackos. First using the word nurturing may not actually describe what is going on in regards to sex and sexuality.

There is a common misconception that sexual deviancy is about sex, when most researchers now agree that sexual deviancy is closely linked to control, in this particular instance the control of people. The use of paraphilia is the way that people derive control through certain stimulus. Whether it's a foot fetish, pedophilia, or bestiality, ultimately it's not really about sex, but rather a desire to control others that is founded on deep seeded, oftentimes unconscious, feelings of inadequacy commonly associated with neglect or abuse in childhood. In particular, if a child felt helpless during a certain situation, especially during adolescence, they may later associate that situation with sex.

The fact that these desires are carried out sexually, should not detract from what is actually going on. Someone who is molesting children may be sexually attracted to children, but that does not mean that the driving force behind their actions is simply that attraction. Rather it is the desire to gain control, to feel as if they have control, that causes them to perpetuate their abuse.

One thing to keep in mind is that as a person suffering from a sexual deviancy grows older their ability to control their urges regarding those impulses diminishes. Using the model of pedophiles for instance, most pedophiles (that end up molesting children) will have molested their first victim by their mid to late twenties. Of course where it gets tricky is the definition of pedophiles, because not everyone that molests a child is a pedophile.

Remember I said that some people who become celibate will act out in a deviant way, well that happens because stress can lower the impulse control of a person, in particular depression, anxiety, or major life traumas are often the catalyst that causes someone who is not necessarily a pedophile to actually abuse a child. Many times this is accompanied with alcohol or drug abuse, but just as often it happens without any drugs involved. The apparent lack of control that these people feel causes them to act out in a way that allows them to control others. Now in nearly all of the incidents where people act out in this way sexually, what one finds is that these people were not engaging in normal sexual behavior prior to the incident, i.e. they were having marital problems, relationship problems, or were celibate.

This is one of the reason why I suggest that normal sexual release is not only healthy, but necessary. Because of the important part that sex plays in our lives, when we feel stress, but have no outlet for these desires and impulses, then we are more likely to engage in behavior that is deviant, whether it be molesting children or not listening when the girl we are with says "no". Many people who have engaged in these acts never thought they were capable of it before it happened.

Now, although I am not an expert, I did work as a case manager monitoring sexual offenders for a few years. What I learned is only the tip of the iceberg regarding sexual deviancy, in particular violent and dangerous repeat offenders. What I can tell you is that in nearly every case once one perpetuates this form of abuse they have a very high chance of repeating the offense. It's almost like a drug addict taking their first hit. Once they've gotten that first high, they start chasing it over and over.

Anyways I think I've elaborated enough on that, my point is that nurturing has nothing to do with what's happening here, rather it's the lack of nurturing that causes people to become deviant. In the case of the deviants that actually enter these celibate institutions, it's often done because they feel that it's the only way for them to gain control over these urges. Very few pedophile priests, for instance, entered the priesthood to have access to children, rather they entered under the hopes that somehow the priesthood would remove their impulses to harm children. When this doesn't happen, their willpower slowly fades and they inevitably end up placing themselves in positions where they have access to children. This is the overwhelming problem with celibacy, most normal men (and women) do not look at celibacy as an option. Normal men are highly unlikely to enter into an institution that will deprive them of one of the things they enjoy most in life. When they do enter these institutions, what happens in many instances is that as they repress their sexual urges for longer and longer periods of time, what can eventually happen is what I explained before, they encounter a stressful times in their life and act out sexually, by exerting control over someone else.

Again I didn't intend to go into this level of depth, so I will leave it here and just say, celibacy is not natural under any condition and practicing celibacy, in my opinion, puts one in more danger than not. Peace be with you.

Aaron

Please continue. What you are saying is very important.

Hello Little 1,

Aaron

the sexual deviancy inherent in all sex offenders including pedophiles are weak un-evolved humans with very weak souls which cause them to be psychically manipulated by psychic thought-forms and other spiritual entities into what they do..

this is why the yogis and the tibetant/theravada monks seek to practice to inhibit the negative spiritual attacks on their human ego by these spiritual entities..

why do the catholic and christian traditions contain a bigger number of molesters than the other mainstream traditions in the world?

because the catholic/christian traditions have no aspect of spiritual training to control and destroy their deviant sexual thought-forms unlike the theravada or tibetan or hindu traditions..

most researchers do not have any spiritual training and therefore their research lack the spiritual causes behind most of the deviant behaviors in this world..

grow up boys, when ants try to attack a mountain, they will get crushed by avalanches sooner or later..

Edited by bodyoflight

WTF, are you talking about? "Dzogchen monk is a contradiction in terms." Are you aware of the shit that you type? Every other post of yours sounds like you have some sort of grudge against any organized religion and the people who choose to live life as a monk or nun.

Certain rules are set up not just for someone to tell them "you can't do this, you can't do that!" They're meant to be rules of conduct in order for people to control their vices, lead to mindfulness, and to essentially be in samadhi, in the post meditative state, so that they aren't "leaking" through any of the senses.

This then has effect on the mind/body in this way:

1. Psychologically: This means that your mind is more "pure," which makes it easier for you to enter samadhi.

2. Physiologically: Because mind and body are "one mind" essentially; The "purity" of your mind is reflected in your chi channels, which makes them easier to open up, therefore you're able able to reach samadhi easier.

Now, thinking practically here: For a cultivator who chooses to be celibate, usually does it because they want to "save their jing;" to reach higher spiritual states. They therefore don't let their jing "leak," through either masturbation or sex. Though if you're always having lustful thoughts, it would definitly make it a challenge in the initial period; until you learn to ignore the pull of these sexual urges to open the chi-mai and eventually to reach the first dhyana. Uncontrolled or wanton lust can not only lead to obvious problems in pent up frustration: It can lead to nocturnal emission and prevent someone in entering the first dhyana of the Form realm heavens.

To add though: Since we're talking of lay people here and not monks or nuns; We don't have such rules against being married and having sex. There is nothing wrong with it. If you have a gf/bf or wife/husband, and you're holding out on them for cultivation reasons; that would be selfish.

The best solution would then be to learn either Taoist or Indian sexual yoga to learn how to have sex without ejaculation. I'm referring to men here, women don't have to really worry about this.

Bingo!

yes but to 'watch' them you have to stop yourself immediately acting on them don't you? That's what I meant by some kind of control ... but if you just inhibit something in a dumb sort of way then you actually increase its energy ... you could pressure cook yourself by damming up sexual energy. If that's what's meant by suppression it not a good idea. But I think there are people who choose celibacy for instance for entirely positive reasons ... its right for them ... they must go through some kind of process which allows them to release and redirect the sexual energy otherwise they become a suppressor.

Oh to be a complete asshole ... if only ... I spend my days as a partial asshole looking up at my betters .... :lol:

Completely agree.

the act of suppression energies or the act of controlling energies has one very important functions..

on the path of spirituality, sooner or later, you will visit the upper worlds/dimensions in your astral/etheric forms..

the training of divine willpower by one suppressing or controlling sexual energies is necessary because you will be using your divine willpower to control your astral forms when navigating the upper worlds/dimensions..

if you can't even the basic functions of suppressing or controling your sexual energies, what hope do you have in controlling your astral forms when visiting the upper dimensions?

wakey wakey

the sexual deviancy inherent in all sex offenders including pedophiles are weak un-evolved humans with very weak souls which cause them to be psychically manipulated by psychic thought-forms and other spiritual entities into what they do..

this is why the yogis and the tibetant/theravada monks seek to practice to inhibit the negative spiritual attacks on their human ego by these spiritual entities..

why do the catholic and christian traditions contain a bigger number of molesters than the other mainstream traditions in the world?

because the catholic/christian traditions have no aspect of spiritual training to control and destroy their deviant sexual thought-forms unlike the theravada or tibetan or hindu traditions..

most researchers do not have any spiritual training and therefore their research lack the spiritual causes behind most of the deviant behaviors in this world..

grow up boys, when ants try to attack a mountain, they will get crushed by avalanches sooner or later..

Hello Bodyofflight,

I will not be responding to your comments. You show a clear disregard for other people's opinions and most of what you say is purely conjecture, with no basis on fact, or in my opinion, experience. Although you claim spiritual maturity, you have handled yourself on this forum in a very immature way. When you can stop insulting others and making comments with the intention of attracting attention or getting a rise out of people, I will consider talking with you.

Peace be with you,

Aaron

Hello Bodyofflight,

I will not be responding to your comments. You show a clear disregard for other people's opinions and most of what you say is purely conjecture, with no basis on fact, or in my opinion, experience. Although you claim spiritual maturity, you have handled yourself on this forum in a very immature way. When you can stop insulting others and making comments with the intention of attracting attention or getting a rise out of people, I will consider talking with you.

Peace be with you,

Aaron

Insults? Since when is talking about the real truth about the ignorance of today's so-called scientists an insult?

Don't attack the messenger when he is merely offering the messages of truth.. Your fear is showing..

Are you afraid of time running out?

*tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock*

*smirk*

Edited by bodyoflight

Insults? Since when is talking about the real truth about the ignorance of today's so-called scientists an insult?

Don't attack the messenger when he is merely offering the messages of truth.. Your fear is showing..

*smirk*

You made condescending and insulting remarks towards me in one of your posts yesterday!

*smirk*

Hello Bodyofflight,

This is why I can't take you seriously. You show no emotional or spiritual maturity. From examining your actions I know you lack the experience (in spiritual practice) to actually understand what you are talking about. Someone who has reached enlightenment would not behave the way you do, ask the things you do, or treat others the way you do. You are acting in a petty and immature way. The comments you make are more in line with what an adolescent would say, rather than an adult. Behave like an adult and I think people will start to consider what you say seriously.

Aaron

Sign in to follow this