Stigweard

Tai Chi Masters Push Hands Comp 1992

Given that I haven't had access to an in person teacher, my understanding of the sensitivity as typically taught in tai chi suddenly skyrocketed after working out with some Brazilian Jujutsu guys. All out wrestling, in my personal opinion, is a step up from push hands, as you are going full force but are still in contact with the other person. Throw in strikes, allow movement away from the opponent, and start them off separately, and you've stepped up once more into full contact sparring, which is where I think martial arts tai chi training should go.

learning this stuff in high school would have done wonders for wrestling :lol: I grew up with 2 brothers, one five years older and was always impossible to beat until I was close to his size, and one a year younger that I wound up using all of the techniques that my older bro beat me on :rolleyes: ...but I was the only one that went to the wrestling team :D lots of similar fundamental concepts here. any "real" fights I was in earlier in life always went to the ground...luckily the only wrestling I've done where I was severely outweighed was always play :lol:

GM Huang Xingxian (Huang Sheng Shyan, 1910-1992) (Yang Tai Chi) versus Liao Kuangcheng (Shuai Jiao wrestler)

GM Huang is in the white tee shirt and Liao Kuangcheng is in the white sleeveless undershirt.

"This is a publicized match between Huang Xingxiang and Liao Kuangcheng in 1970 Singapore. Liao Kuangcheng was a wrestling teacher recognized as a south-east asia champion who defeated wrestlers from Japan, France, Australia, and the Netherlands. In 1970 Liao Kuangcheng challenged Huang Xingxian to a match, reportedly Liao was 10 years younger and 20kg heavier. Huang Xingxian studied under Chen Manching from 1947 until he went to Singapore in 1958. Based on the match rules, the score ended up Huang: 26 Liao: 0."

GM Huang Match - Part 1:

GM Huang Match - Part 2

GM Huang Xingxian (Huang Sheng Shyan, 1910-1992) (Yang Tai Chi) versus Liao Kuangcheng (Shuai Jiao wrestler)

GM Huang is in the white tee shirt and Liao Kuangcheng is in the white sleeveless undershirt.

"This is a publicized match between Huang Xingxiang and Liao Kuangcheng in 1970 Singapore. Liao Kuangcheng was a wrestling teacher recognized as a south-east asia champion who defeated wrestlers from Japan, France, Australia, and the Netherlands. In 1970 Liao Kuangcheng challenged Huang Xingxian to a match, reportedly Liao was 10 years younger and 20kg heavier. Huang Xingxian studied under Chen Manching from 1947 until he went to Singapore in 1958. Based on the match rules, the score ended up Huang: 26 Liao: 0."

GM Huang Match - Part 1:

GM Huang Match - Part 2

LOL thanks for this ... although Liao Kuangcheng looks more like a WWF wrestler rather than a combat wrestler, which has made me a little suspicious ;)

:D

i thought about puttin this in the taichi ruler thread, coz taichi ball was brouhgt up there.

but this isnt really taichi ball :closedeyes:

i cant say if i can do this or no, coz i only have one basketball :lol:

i thought about puttin this in the taichi ruler thread, coz taichi ball was brouhgt up there.

but this isnt really taichi ball :closedeyes:

i cant say if i can do this or no, coz i only have one basketball :lol:

Sometimes ya find cool stuff in the related. That's a big ball! :lol:

Sometimes ya find cool stuff in the related. That's a big ball! :lol:

reminds me of an ACDC song :lol: that guy in the video and his ball very impressive.

i wouldnt want to tangle with him(i wouldnt want to tangle with anyone) imagine the spiraling qi , he could put into you?! :o

sometimes when i walk a small circle, i will have a bowling ball placed at about

waist high. i keep a palm on top of it as i circle.