fiveelementtao

Celestial Qigong/Neigong DVDs

Hi Bums,

The Spirit Tao Celestial Qigong/Neigong DVDs are now available on Amazon.com. I have reduced the price on the DVDs. Level 1 available HERE

Level 2 DVD Available HERE

Video preview available HERE

Here is a description from the DVD jacket:

The Shang Ch'ing Taoist tradition is known as the most mystical and powerful of the Taoist sects. For many years, the Shang Ch'ing initiates were know as wizards and sorcerers and were feared even by other famous Taoist sects. In the Shang Ch'ing Taoist tradition, it is believed that the vast majority of Qigong is "layman" style energy work. The Shang Ch'ing energy work was primarily internal and was considered to be advanced energy work taught only to the highest monks and priests in the order. Celestial Qigong DVDs are a distillation of some of the most powerful Shang Ch'ing Taoist internal energy exercises and meditations ever taught. Do not be deceived by the simplicity of these exercises. One of the hidden secrets of the Shang Ch'ing masters is that the most powerful energy work is the easiest to learn. Exercises Included in this DVD are:...

Level I Yin Yang hands. This short form is the basis of all Shang Ch'ing energy work, spiritual philosophy and internal martial arts. Everything else in the Shang Ch'ing system is to help you understand the Yin Yang Hands form. If you can master this simple form, you will master all of Shang Ch'ing energy work...

Level I Earth Meditation and Healing breath. In This meditation and breath is very good for grounding the energy and can be used to help heal any energy imbalance. This breathing method was written about in the 5th century A.D. by a Shang Ch'ing Master named Tao Hong Jing who is well known as one of the patriarchs of Taoist Healing. What many don't know is that the Six healing sounds were originally taught as silent breaths. IME, the most powerful healing from using these sounds is to do them silently and slowly...

Pyramid Meditation This meditation and mudra allows the individual to create a energy pyramid around the body which seals the energy within the body while simultaneously protecting the aura from negativity. Other exercises include, Gathering Energy, Activating Energy , Balancing Energy and more...

Honest questions and inquiries always welcome. Email me from my TTBs profile.

Blessings,

Mike

Edited by fiveelementtao
  • Like 4

second link is password protected

Thanks for the heads-up! The password has been removed. Let me know if anyone has a problem with the links.

Mike

• Like 2

Link is still password protected.

You may need to refresh the page. The password has been deleted. It may take some time to be reflected on Amazon. Let me know if there are continued problems. Let me know if other people are getting through OK...

Thanks,

Mike

(edit: My wife was was able to get through with no problem on her phone, so hopefully the link is working now...)

Edited by fiveelementtao

Hi there.

A couple things.

Your links go to "Create Space .com" not Amazon. Not that it's a problem, just wanted to point that out in case you actually thought those links go to Amazon. I did find your book on Tuetonic shamanism on Amazon, but no DVDs. So correct me if you thought your DVDs are actually supposed to be listed on Amazon. Minor stuff, if you want to buy it go direct to your website or Create Space...whatever.

Next, this post of yours prompted me to revisit your DVD which I acquired soon after it came out. Unfortunately some things happened in my life which sidetracked most cultivation and especially new explorations so I don't have any long term experience of this practice to report.

The first time I looked through the DVD I got really sleepy and didn't study very much at all. It was the kind of sleepy that in my experience comes from some material putting me into an altered state of consciousness. I had a similar reaction to other material in the past, so I can recognize it.

Today I reviewed it again and did some practice.

The material is SO SIMPLE. So why is it SO POWERFUL!!!???!!!

Exactly as you say on the DVD, yes it is deceptively simple. Due to having met you once in person and spoken to you on the phone perhaps I have a greater affinity or ability to develop a resonance, whatever, this material had a very strong effect on my energy field.

I think I'll have more to say after REALLY practicing it, but for today after only going through the material in a cursory way I am very impressed.

Thanks

Craig

• Like 1

Your links go to "Create Space .com" not Amazon. Not that it's a problem, just wanted to point that out in case you actually thought those links go to Amazon. I did find your book on Tuetonic shamanism on Amazon, but no DVDs. So correct me if you thought your DVDs are actually supposed to be listed on Amazon. Minor stuff, if you want to buy it go direct to your website or Create Space...whatever.

I noticed that too, but it seems like Create Space is the "self publish" branch of Amazon. But I could be mistaken on that, as well.

Thanks Craig for the great feedback. I respect your opinion and am grateful for your positive review. I am excited to hear your experience of the practices over time.

Sloppy is right. Createspace is a part of Amazon. When someone lists their own DVDs, Amazon gives you your own "estore" which they call createspace. Then, Amazon lists the DVDs on their public site, but it takes longer to for it to show up amazon. I didn't want to wait, so I posted the createspace links.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Mike

I bought the Celestial Neigong Level 1 DVD and am very, very impressed.

I am a Qigong/Neigong "newby" I have done some Qigong but didn't stick with it because I always got side tracked. It'll take me a little while to master the deceptively simple forms taught on this DVD but I have to say that even my clumsy initial attempts from the first day yielded powerful energetic results. I could feel the energy building as I did the exercises, the veins in my forearms and hands opened up like they do when I do weight training. The energy/heat coming from my hands was palpable. Even after grounding the energy my mood was elevated and I felt more aware and alert. This is after only about 15-20mins of practice.

I have been looking for a form of energy work that focused on spiritual awakening and this seems to be what I have been looking for. This is a form of Qigong I will continue to practice. I'll just add it to my daily practice before daily practice of Japa meditation and Centering Prayer. :) Heck, I'll even dedicate the practice as a form of bhakti yoga to the goddess Isis who is my Ishta Devata (no I'm not Hindu, but the concept is the same no matter the faith/tradition).

I know I'll be ordering DVD2 soon (likely next payday) even if I will be using DVD1's basic primary techniques for quite some time to come before expanding my practice.

Sincerely,

Sundragon aka Christopher

Edited by Sundragon

I bought the Celestial Neigong Level 1 DVD and am very, very impressed.

Sundragon aka Christopher

Thanks Sundragon for your kind words...

I'm glad you are enjoying the practices...

Yes, In my experience, the Shang Ch'ing exercises tend to exponentially increase the power of any other energy work you are doing. So, please be careful with mantra japa. I am also a mantra yogi and I have found that mantra work becomes hundreds of times more powerful after Celestial Qigong. While this is encouraging, it can also be dangerous. I have blown a couple of circuits in my day. :lol: So, please, be aware of your energy levels and if you notice the energy getting too strong, please either reduce your mantra repetitions or be sure to separate the Celestial Qigong and mantra practices.... Everyone is different, so just keep an eye on what happens and err on the side of caution...

Thanks again sundragon for your interest and your feedback...

I have been getting alot of good feedback lately from people practicing these DVDs and the Teutonic Shamanism practices. So if anyone else has had good experience with these practices, you are welcome to share them with us on TTb's. If other practitioners have questions, I am willing to start a thread on TTB's concerning questions about the practices on the DVD or the ThunderWizard practices...

Blessings,

Mike

• Like 2

Please take this the right way, but can anyone verify that:

'The Shang Ch'ing Taoist tradition is known as the most mystical and powerful of the Taoist sects. For many years, the Shang Ch'ing initiates were know as wizards and sorcerers and were feared even by other famous Taoist sects.'

I am Interested and I like to support fellow bums, but I would like to hear some verification of claims like this first.

• Like 2

'The Shang Ch'ing Taoist tradition is known as the most mystical and powerful of the Taoist sects. For many years, the Shang Ch'ing initiates were know as wizards and sorcerers and were feared even by other famous Taoist sects.'

I am Interested and I like to support fellow bums, but I would like to hear some verification of claims like this first.

I would like some verification also. I am considering buying the first DVD.

• Like 1

The "right" way?...Sorry guys, I can't give you any proof or verification on anything. I am claiming to have trained in the Shang Ch'ing sect. If you are interested in who they were, then do google search on "Shang Ch'ing" or "Shang Qing" or "Shang Ch'ing Taoism"

But, what will that prove? Nothing. It won't prove that I have trained in Shang Ch'ing methods. I personally don't care what sect this stuff comes from. What I care about is that it WORKS. I have not solicited any of the comments you read here. That is their personal experience based solely on their practice of the methods I am teaching...

If we are done with typical passive aggressive Tao bums diversion tactics and slander, maybe we can get this thread back onto it's original track which is peoples' personal experiences with the practices in the DVDs.

• Like 4

The "right" way?...Sorry guys, I can't give you any proof or verification on anything. I am claiming to have trained in the Shang Ch'ing sect. If you are interested in who they were, then do google search on "Shang Ch'ing" or "Shang Qing" or "Shang Ch'ing Taoism"

But, what will that prove? Nothing. It won't prove that I have trained in Shang Ch'ing methods. I personally don't care what sect this stuff comes from. What I care about is that it WORKS. I have not solicited any of the comments you read here. That is their personal experience based solely on their practice of the methods I am teaching...

If we are done with typical passive aggressive Tao bums diversion tactics and slander, maybe we can get this thread back onto it's original track which is peoples' personal experiences with the practices in the DVDs.

There is no need to be defensive. It does not reflect well.

If all you have is personal experiences, that is fine. Just say what you do have and don't apologize for what you don't have.

But don't make it seem like members of TTB are on a personal vendetta to discredit you. Everyone, and I'm sure Seth felt this way too when he asked, which is probably why he said what he said (though I don't mean to speak for anyone), hates to be the "skeptic", the one who says "hey can we verify this please?"

Sure, it breaks up the flow, but a bit of healthy skepticism keeps everyone honest, and as long as something is genuine, there is nothing to fear from a little inquiry. Dishonest assault with loaded, unprovable questions is another matter, but that's not what's gone on here, at least none that I can see.

Anyway......

Shangqing Taoism

Shang-Ch'ing

And Maoshan

With a preview right here where you can search it for "shang-ch'ing".

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 4

The "right" way?...Sorry guys, I can't give you any proof or verification on anything.

wow, sensitive much?

it was a fair question, considering the way that you packaged it. consider all of the half-baked claims that have been made over the years. it's not unreasonable to want some verification. i mean, that was one hell of a claim. normally, i would have been the first person to ask that question, but lately it seems that every time i get even a little critical, the fit hits the shan. :rolleyes:

speaking of shan, you could have just said the sect was the precursor to the better-known Mao Shan sect, and that probably would have been enough since most of us are familiar with Mao Shan as a sect of sorcerers who were feared by other Taoist sects. their reputation is well-known within this forum.

i own more than 120 qigong/neigong DVDs, and i am always happy to learn something new and support a fellow bum. the only reason i hadn't picked up your DVDs yet was because of the claim that Seth pointed out. BUT, if the site i just read is correct, and if shang ch'ing really is the predecessor of the mao shan, then that's verification enough for me. you're probably gonna have a lot of excited students on your hands pretty soon. :lol:

knowing this, i would be MORE likely to check out your DVDs. and had Seth never asked, i would never have looked. i had already just moved on.

now i'm glad that i know, and you should be glad that it's out, cuz there are a LOT of Mao Shan fans around here. ;)

• Like 2

There is no need to be defensive. It does not reflect well.

If all you have is personal experiences, that is fine. Just say what you do have and don't apologize for what you don't have.

But don't make it seem like members of TTB are on a personal vendetta to discredit you. Everyone, and I'm sure Seth felt this way too when he asked, which is probably why he said what he said (though I don't mean to speak for anyone), hates to be the "skeptic", the one who says "hey can we verify this please?"

Sure, it breaks up the flow, but a bit of healthy skepticism keeps everyone honest, and as long as something is genuine, there is nothing to fear from a little inquiry. Dishonest assault with loaded, unprovable questions in another matter, but that's not what's gone on here, at least none that I can see.

Anyway......

Shangqing Taoism

Shang-Ch'ing

And Maoshan

With a preview right here where you can search it for "shang-ch'ing".

I tend to agree, take it easy.

-Its only natural that when you put forth your own ideas and practices that you are going to get both compliments and criticisms: some fair...others simply rooted in ignorance. I'm sure there are people out there who hate Buddhas guts and would argue that he was the worst person in the world.

-However, this is not the topic of this thread. I look forward to hearing more feedback about your material i have enjoyed much of your work (podcasts) in the past. Wish you the best. Much Love. :wub:

I tend to agree, take it easy.

-Its only natural that when you put forth your own ideas and practices that you are going to get both compliments and criticisms: some fair...others simply rooted in ignorance. I'm sure there are people out there who hate Buddhas guts and would argue that he was the worst person in the world.

-However, this is not the topic of this thread. I look forward to hearing more feedback about your material i have enjoyed much of your work (podcasts) in the past. Wish you the best. Much Love. :wub:

Mike Denney

You have repeatedly expressed that you aren't interested in engaging people who want to question where you are coming from and you have every right to take that stance.

Other folks. Mike has every right to say "get stuffed" or "I'm not interested in discussing this, take it or leave it."

Moving on.

I have a few questions which have come up about the practice, but will post on that later.

I appreciate your participation.

Craig

• Like 1

Other folks. Mike has every right to say "get stuffed" or "I'm not interested in discussing this, take it or leave it."

I completely agree. And I recall numerous posts of his in which he has expressed his personal sentiments, as well as the times he has taken a hiatus from the forum.

But instead of simply stating "I'm not interested in discussing this, take it or leave it", we get:

"If we are done with typical passive aggressive Tao bums diversion tactics and slander, maybe we can get this thread back onto it's original track which is peoples' personal experiences with the practices in the DVDs."

Which, to me, seems a bit much, especially given the tone of the initial inquiries, which, for those who don't recall, went a little like this:

And:

I would like some verification also. I am considering buying the first DVD.

I have trouble seeing the passive aggressiveness and slander...

But maybe that's just me.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 1

If Seth had said, "Wow, the Shang Ch'ing sect sounds really amazing. I am not familiar with them, can anyone tell me more about them so I can better understand the origin of these teachings?"

That's basically what he said. I crossed out the rest because, uh, he's not you, and would have nothing to prompt the crossed out statements.....

But, c'mon guys... Is it really such a mystery to you guys that asking me to "prove" where the sect came from put me on the defensive? If we were in in person, I feel confident Seth would have chosen different language... But forums tend to foster more aggressive communication and less respect.

If you want to say that anyone being asked to back up a claim puts you on the defensive, sure. Just keep in mind that EVERYONE is in that position whenever they make a claim. It's kind of how the process works....

He didn't ask for proof, he asked for verification, which to me, as a student, sounds like a 3rd party source which says the same things you are saying, and again, that's a fairly standard process EVERYONE goes through when they make a claim. No one is going after you.

Then again, maybe he thought this:

As far as appearances go... I have stopped caring what anyone on this forum thinks of me a long time ago...

Or this:

If my directness keeps those not meant to train with me away...

So was merely just trying to get the point across in a direct way.

But I don't mean to speak for anyone. Like you, I'm just calling it like I see it, and how I see it, the posts were interested in getting involved, but before jumping right in, wanted to wet their feet with some third party sources.

Now, I'm sure a lot of people would be very interested in hearing this part:

I would have happily told him what I knew including not only the official historical version but the really cool personal experiences and the "secret" history as told by my teachers.
Edited by Sloppy Zhang

You make some good points sloppy. I've said my peace and I'm done... My intent was to see if any current practitioners of the DVDs wanted to start a TTB's thread with questions concerning the practices. If I have to wade through unrelated stuff from those who have not practiced the exercises... Well, I have better things to do with my time...

So, any current students interested in discussing the practices is welcome to join the Thunderwizard forum on the thunderwizardwebsite. I have absorbed my Shang Ch'ing Teachings into that discipline anyways...

Any one else with honest questions for me can email me...

Gotta go. Private student at the door...

• Like 1

Fiveelementtao, thanks for the heads up about the use of mantra with Celestial Qigong. ...

I'm going to start a thread specific to Celestial Neigong and save my comments for that thread.

Sundragon

Edited by Sundragon
  • Like 1