Dagon

Nothing and Everything

Nothing contains everything, as everything contains nothing.

Okay. I'm with you so far. Are you going anywhere with this?

Nothing contains everything, as everything contains nothing.

Hi Dagon, nice to meet you.:)

what you think of this.. the sea is waves, but waves arent the sea..

Too bad for the waves

h

Okay. I'm with you so far. Are you going anywhere with this?

I found that saying that nothing is everything and everything is nothing, regardless of order, always end up negative(nothing), So I was thinking of a way that this statement could be balanced.

Hi! nice to meet you.

I think it is lovely :)

I found that saying that nothing is everything and everything is nothing, regardless of order, always end up negative(nothing), So I was thinking of a way that this statement could be balanced.

Okay. Now I am with you. Reminded me of a discussion I had here with one of my Buddhist friends. Buddhism speaks to the concept of 'nothingness'. Taoism speaks to the concept of 'everythingness'. (I just made up that word. Hehehe.)

My friend did finally agree that Buddhist 'nothingness' is really 'everythingness'.

Granted that no thing is permanent, which is what the Buddhists are pointing to. That is a given in Taoist Philosophy. But yet, in Taoism it is important to understand that what is at this very point in time is just as real as any other aspect of the universal All.

So IMO you did very well with your opening post.

Okay. Now I am with you. Reminded me of a discussion I had here with one of my Buddhist friends. Buddhism speaks to the concept of 'nothingness'. Taoism speaks to the concept of 'everythingness'. (I just made up that word. Hehehe.)

My friend did finally agree that Buddhist 'nothingness' is really 'everythingness'.

Granted that no thing is permanent, which is what the Buddhists are pointing to. That is a given in Taoist Philosophy. But yet, in Taoism it is important to understand that what is at this very point in time is just as real as any other aspect of the universal All.

So IMO you did very well with your opening post.

I fallow this thought and it brings me to a gate, similar to the satori I had experienced once before. Feels like my ears are going to pop. I can feel the gravity of it's presence.

Everything and nothing are the opposite polarities. Nothing generally overrides everything, when used together. Not with this. It seems to be neutral. Although the gate feels very similar as the gate of non-existence.

You got to agree with your buddhist friend because your one is everything, regardless if it is non-existence or existence. The perspective appears to be the same, but I don't think it has to be the same.

Example: if you are one with non-existence, then everything is nothing and nothing is everything.

If you are one with existence, your everything is only everything.

They exist side by side, but not combined. The closer you are to existence the farther away you are from non existence, and vice versa.

The zero point must be neutral to encompass both.

Then the polarity becomes obsolete, as it can encompass both non-existence and existence.

Then it breaks down to the matter that Nothing contains everything, as everything contains nothing.

Then you are both and niether at the same time.

Example: if you are one with non-existence, then everything is nothing and nothing is everything.

If you are one with existence, your everything is only everything.

Ah! That is where we Philosophical Taoists have an advantage. Not only do we have everything, we have Mystery (Dark Matter), all future potential, and we have Chi (Dark Energy), the life fore of the universe. And we have nothing (Wu Wei) but we don't have Absolute Nothingness because it doesn't exist.

If something is off, please point it out. thx.

I'm not going to critic you. Hehehe. I am having a nice conversation with you.

Theory of everything.

Now we need the theory of nothing.

Thanks for the video, I'm going to watch it as I get rdy for sleep.

Edited by Dagon

Thanks for the video, I'm going to watch it as I get rdy for sleep.

Damn, it was wrong of me to post it then. Your head will literally explode if you watch it. How can sleep with an exploding head? :lol:

It took me a dictionary and 3 views to get a more clear understanding, and still I don't know exactly what is ment with those scientific physics terms being used. Not to mention that it is not even possible to get an intuitive understanding of how quantum mechanics work unlike the physical laws of, for example, gravity.

But the philosophy gives me faith that science will once again triumph in finding the meaning of life that is similar to TTC and perhaps even move beyond that in the future.

Theory of everything.

Now we need the theory of nothing.

LOL, yeah it does seem to be from the perspective that everything is everything. Best way to satisfy the scientifically inclined.

Edited by Dagon

Nothing: does not distinguish.

Everything: does not distinguish.

Nothing has nothing to separate. Everything does not separate.