Sign in to follow this  
Immortal4life

Big Bang's Afterglow Fails Intergalactic 'Shadow' Test

At the end of the day, the so called methods of science don't always eliminate their own biases. They end up ignoring, covering up, or labelling as simply "anomolous", as much evidence as they find.

You keep making this same point. Scientists are humans too, with biases, sloppiness, etc. And it's all true, no doubt.

But you keep ignoring that science, although flawed, is still the single best system we have for generating opinion with the least possible bias. Science has evolved toward eradicating (as much as possible) the effects of bias on the results. Doesn't mean the bias isn't there; it's just less there than anywhere else.

So you're continuing to make a backwards argument, claiming that science is broken because of sloppiness, bias, etc., when science is clearly the least broken opinion-creator we have. It's every other input of opinion that you should be really concerned with (including Taoist tradition), because the influence of bias is much much higher.

Of course we should not make a religion out of science, but then I don't think we should make religions out of anything else, either. My credo: believe as little as possible, but make sure that what I believe makes as much sense as possible.

• Like 1

in the meanwhile joeblast , you might enjoy looking at this, i know you like the solar stuff

http://assets.cambridge.org/052182/1169/frontmatter/0521821169_frontmatter.pdf

:lol: yeah i know it is just a teaser. but i did notice a bum around here(somewheres) that does seem to have insight about magnetic reconnection :)

are you doing your :wacko: daily?

imo there is alot of evidence that does suggest a big bang, just sayin

nice, thanks!

still studying, not :wacko:

:lol:

with regard to inflation, if the energy is high enough, e.g. GUT high, might the "coefficient of friction" change? ;)

Well, I'm not going to be here and allow science to be denigrated to the status of mythology and religion so y'all can expect to see me popping up now and then.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this