Leif

Doo Family 690 A.D. Healing Meditations

WBBM- how do the exercises on the dvd you are putting out differ in purpose and effect from flying phoenix? Trying to get a sense of how GM Doo Wai's different systems he taught relate to each other (the big picture).

Also, sent you a PM.

• Like 1

Thanks for chiming in, Sillum. Can you speak to which of the various meditations/chi kungs of GM Doo Wai that are commercially available, flying phoenix and others (on Larochelle's, Rizzo's, and Lacy's site) would be considered the most powerful/highest level?

Hi Growant, the FP and Doo family chi kung meditations are more cumulative in the cultivation of the chi energy. I suggest you buy them all. If we use the prices as a gage, the more expensive meds are the higher levels with the quickest and more profound results. If you want the most bang for the buck buy the more expensive DVDs. There are clear instructions and explanations by GM Doo Wai and the other sifus on the DVDs. Whether or not you can pick out or understand the the martial applications of the movements are irrelevant, The results will be the same.

By the way, we who study under GM Doo Wai do not support Lacy.

The FP was a set of meditations that allegedly Fung Do Duk learnt during a meditative state by a Goddess!

The Sunn Yee Gong has nothing to do with FP but I can say that the nei gong of Sunn Yee Gong was a Doo Family Treasure according to GMDW. I was told to learn this instead and that is why I dont do the FP, but have them and seen much of it, thats why I know that Sifu Terry is best for this to learn off. I learnt Burning Palm before the Sunn Yee Gong, my main system I like to share is the Burning Palm from GMDW as I feel is very powerful and beneficial for all walks of life as well a spiritual healing art that resonates with me very much.

The Sunn Yee Gong is a big system which I like also but I have heaps to practice and rather start sharing it hoping others could take it further in development. The burden of having 3 teachers is that you get so much information its hard to stay focused on the one or 2 that is most important for you. Sifu Christer Wretfors and Myself has decided to release it so it wont die out!

The 72 Levels is a very deep practice, takes time and only for serious people I guess, there is seated and standing meditations, both static and moving to be learnt. So its not a quick system, it much be practiced everyday!

Sifu Garry

Thank you Sillum and Garry for your responses. After having tried many different forms of chi kung in the past, I believe that GM Doo Wai's flying phoenix chi kung is very special and powerful. If the other meditations/chi kungs from GM Doo Wai are anwhere near as special and powerful, it is a shame that they are not more widespread and well-known, and that it seems so difficult to get personal instruction in them, affordably. It would be nice if these systems were made more available to the world before dying off and becoming extinct.

• Like 1

Thats the plan brother, but there is people on here that go to seminars for thousands of dollars considering and only learning a small portion of what is in that system they are attending. Yes, some things should be charged more this is more to weed out people that are not serious and the information that is put on the DVD's are priceless if you are after authentic information from the doo family!

Also if it wasnt for Sifu Terry Dunn promoting the FP all these years no one would even know of them or how good they are cause his DVD's are professional and informative even him coming here to discuss and help with all of you practicing here. That is why I stand by Terry Si Hing due to his passion and love for it!

Edited by Warrior Body Buddha Mind

Sillum,

Are you able to give us an idea of how the flying phoenix and other meditations/chi kungs in GM Doo Wai's system, like the ones sold on LaRochelle's site, fit together? For example, what the difference in purpose and affect is between flying phoenix, Doo Family meditations, ....

Otherwise we're kind of fumbling around in the dark over here.

• Like 1

GMDW learnt a shit load of information from his family and what was attained through FDD Daoist monk, each system he learnt is as good as the other he is merely sharing his arts so people can pick and choose what suites them. What you put into it, you get out of it!!!

Otherwise I agree with you grownant that why have all these DVD's on healing meditations? ;)

I can give u a description of why I do Burning Palm and why its different to the others: 1 There is 3 times of day to practice the system for different purposes. 2 Its a spiritual practice that incorporates the elemental forces that FP and the rest dont. 3 Its a combat system 4 Its also an energy healing system that also uses herbal alchemy, massage, gua sha, cupping and more 5 It combines Daoist and Buddhist energetic practices as well nomad methods. Just to name a few, its not a system u sit and meditate or stand and move qi kung and bring health or believe just be in the same room and people get healed. Its a hands on system for both practitioner and client which for me is better for learning if you want to master something. FP is a energetic system that can bring you healthy and is said to heal others once you attain a level, but doesnt use the BP way, this is according to GMDW.

• Like 1

Growant,

Exactly what ive been trying to say, no use in spending huges amount of money and copying movements that has no in depth breakdowns. That being said I dont know what is on those living energy dvds that I could confirm what I think is worth the money!

That is why I teach online students rather just make a DVD selling all these meditations and people copying thinking they have the full system. To me to learn it the DVD must breakdown the system and teach it as if the teacher is teaching in person!!!

• Like 4

We are talking about chi kung meditations and not gung fu forms. In gung fu forms you need break downs but not in the chi kung meditations. There is no intent used in the meditations just the breath control and the movements. GM Doo Wai set the prices and the sifu vendors have discretion on what they will charge. The sifus have to make a living to support their families. Lets all respect one another, get along and share this great knowledge. There are many effective paths to chi gung and gung fu cultivation. GM Doo Wai sanctioned this DVD video path and it works. No one is bashing your way. Please do not speak negatively of the other paths to sharing this knowledge. If the prices are to steep don't buy them. Get only what you are comfortable in purchasing. The proof is the results.

The science of the Doo family chi gung is so simple and easy to learn. Plain and simple you can learn the higher level meditations from a DVD video.

• Like 1

Im not speaking negative at all, im stating the obvious regarding learning anything be it nei gong, chi kung, fighting forms, this is my experience and this is the way I rather teach and how I was taught. If you prefer to watch a clip and learn a chi kung set and say you know that system I believe is not honest to yourself. I also rather teach it in my manner which is explaining the intricacies of the movements so the student can follow and understand it in the light I see and they can make their own mind up and experience it their own way.

I agree with the prices as long as it gives a student a progressive method learning and bettering the skill that the said system was said to achieve. If you are content of learning a chi kung system of movement with no knowledge or breakdowns power to you... :wacko:

Like ive said a million times this is my experience and my way of what I would like to see if I paid for the information to get my monies worth.

• Like 2

Here is a free Doo Family Qi Kung Meditation authorized by GM Doo Wai to be posted on Youtube in 2007. GM Doo Wai gives very clear instructions. This and the other free meditations are very safe to learn otherwise he would not have allowed them to be posted. Some meditations are done with the eyes open and the other ones the eyes are closed. He often calls the chi gung meditations Chinese yoga. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.c...u/7/uyS5BsNm3Ww

Hi Silum,

Although it has some information it still doesn't give the person any knowledge of what and how the breath percentage works, what to feel and where the breath is going. You see what Im saying at all? His movements aren't as sharp as he used to be due to his age, but thanks for posting, just my concern is people doing breath control needs to understand the how, when and why not just 50,40,30,,10 and hope for the best.

:unsure:

• Like 1

Sillum,

I wonder if you could share some stories about GM Doo Wai, would also be interesting to hear some of your experiences learning these arts and the changes in yourself and your life that have come about as a result of these arts.

Just watched a few minutes of Grandmaster Doo Wai's video posted by Sillum. The breathing rate seems abnormally fast, is this just a feature of the system?

For those who are interested I've corresponded with Sifu LaRochelle from www.whitetigerkungfu.com Here is some info he gave me about the different systems he offers of GM Doo Wai;

Living energy set is for learning to be an chi energy healer. It covers not only healing meditation, but how to in detail use your chi energy to heal others.

Doo family healing meditations is a set of healing chi meditations and are very good. Nothing else is presented.

San Gong Healing Meditations are excellent and produce good results. Easy to learn and powerful.

Wind among the heavens is another series of healing meditations that kinds do what the others do - balance a practitioner's chi energy and make if much more positive so that it increasing health and healing.

All of the above titles will increase a person's chi energy enough so that it can be projected outside the body and heal other people.

Sifu LaRochelle also offers courses (not listed on the website) that include material not listed or available on the website. These courses include an External (Iron palm, iron body, etc...), Internal (Listed above plus others-mostly chi kung) and a High Level Chi Development/Psychic Course (Mind training exercises)

He also offers services in preparing herbal teas/soups for clients from GM's recipes.

When I asked him about the Doo Family Meditaitons as compared to the flying pheonix, he wrote that GM Doo Wai, on the Doo Family Healing title, says these 690AD meditations are better than the Flying Phoenix series as they are simpler to perform and give better results etc.

The Flying Phoenix series is something that Daoist Monk Fung Do Duk created or passed down in 1644 which is quite a bit later than 690AD.

note that he has been authorized by GM Doo Wai to distribute

Edited by growant
  • Like 1

WBBM,

I have already received one meditation from Sifu LaRochelle, it was a static posture/one position, very simple, very easy to do. Some of his dvds contain simple static postures and breath controls, others longer sequences of movements. If one is concerned about complexity of movements/learning, one can inquire about a particular dvd to Sifu LaRochelle through the contact form, he is responsive and informative.

I have corresponded with another taobums member who has bought several of these dvds who is quite happy with his purchase.

Its nice that you're supporting your Friend Terry, Garry, everyone can make their own decision.