Sign in to follow this  
Dagon

Do tree's ground energy?

no one was curious about what dong haichuans second lesson in baguazhang was? :ninja:

Yes!

This reminds me of the scene in Karate Kid Part II:

Danielson: Hey can you break a log like that?

Migai-sensei: Don know, never been attack by tree.

:lol:

Yes I reckon the power production is supposed to heal the tree once you've hurt it, not siphoned off. I surmise there is probably nothing you can do to "pay it back".

The trouble is that trees don't heal like animals do. An injury to a tree stays there forever and ever. It never 'heals' like a cut on our forearm does. What the tree does is compartmentalize the injury to try and prevent decay and further damage from spreading. For us it would be like cutting off the circulation to our arm so the cut doesn't spread to the rest of our body.

So once you drive a nail into a tree, that hole will always be there and eventually it will be closed off to the rest of the functioning tree.

Mind you, in reality, a small hole like that might not kill a tree, and if it does allow disease to spread, it may take years and years to do its work, depending on the tree's lifespan. Still, imagine a forest of these 'batteries' hooked up and there will be problems.

8)

I bet it's going to be a joke :P

maybe dong haichuan at first thought it was a joke?

when he was further instructed now to walk around 2 trees, figure 8, for another 3 years.

i wonder if taoist hermits and/or immortals have a twisted(sick) sense of humour?

so 6 years of walking circles before he was given the form.

traditional is 3 years walking b4 anything else. thank goodness we are not bound by tradition here in our western version of taoism(obvious hint to another recent thread)

but it does show us how important circle walking is in the art of baguazhang.

Sounds like a good idea. I've a bit of forest near my place where the ground is open around the trees...good for circle walking! Whenever I go for a walk I often take a route or two around as tree along the way ;) But perhaps not long enough to gain a sensitivity for its energy. I do like the idea of having a nice tall, straight tree in the center of a circle for bagua. Or maybe one of those spiral cedars they sell at garden shops might be more appropriate.

winter%20cedar%20spiral.jpg

When I used to do taichi in the park surrounded by big old trees I would treat them as masters and gassho them in the four directions as respect after I was done. I felt that they had something to teach me. One interesting thing I found is that some pines had a very aggressive energy about them. It made me think that trees are just like other beings--some are peaceful, others are violent.

Its a tree eat tree world!!

8)

i have noticed that pine trees are territorial.

big old trees will have a more refined qi and knowledge.

some trees are more talkative than others, but that is another story.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that.

It just sounded like it could lead to a good joke.

Thanks for the info :)

Edited by Dagon

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that.

It just sounded like it could lead to a good joke.

Thanks for the info :)

:lol: i like the new avatar you are using. tonight it is baguazhang around trees under the supermoon or as my sister pointed out to me a perigee moon. she is a geologist, they speak in funny terms sometimes. :D

He would be tricky to walk around for 3 years, there is a cliff on one side of him, and his roots are very unique.

Most of the tree's in this area grow very uniquely.

Does it matter which direction you walk? Been going clockwise.

Edited by Dagon

Does it matter which direction you walk? Been going clockwise.

The only thing I would suggest is that if you get wound too tight walk counter-clockwise for a while.

I was wondering if you guys felt that meditating against a tree grounds your chi?

It feels like a really really slow flow to me.

Then when I go away it feels like a stronger steadier flow.

In our system of tree neigong we have found several things to be of use when interacting with trees.

First and foremost is approaching with respect. Trees have a way of withdrawing energetically when we don't. We find trees to be not things but very powerful sentient beings. Interacting with them in this manner, treating them as equals with respect, produces a 100 fold or more increase in any type of energy interaction. Also, trees have an interconnectedness that they will share with the person who energetically approaches in this manner. Awesome indeed.

While grounding can occur with trees, a big rock would be better. Or simply touch the Earth barefoot everyday. Or try the grounding where one puts a ground rod into the Earth and runs a wire to their body or to an electrically conductive blanket while sleeping. Don't recommend anyone do that when storms are around.

• Like 2

Or simply touch the Earth barefoot everyday.

It was actually warm enough yesterday so that I was able to walk around in my gardens barefoot. What a wonderful feeling!!!

In our system of tree neigong we have found several things to be of use when interacting with trees.

First and foremost is approaching with respect. Trees have a way of withdrawing energetically when we don't. We find trees to be not things but very powerful sentient beings. Interacting with them in this manner, treating them as equals with respect, produces a 100 fold or more increase in any type of energy interaction. Also, trees have an interconnectedness that they will share with the person who energetically approaches in this manner. Awesome indeed.

While grounding can occur with trees, a big rock would be better. Or simply touch the Earth barefoot everyday. Or try the grounding where one puts a ground rod into the Earth and runs a wire to their body or to an electrically conductive blanket while sleeping. Don't recommend anyone do that when storms are around.

Thank you Ya Mu. Yes tree's are more sentient that most would believe. He even lets me know when He doesn't want my presence, and I do respect that.

I give him metta before and after exchanging with him.

nice post ya mu :)

dagon, walking clockwise will help you with your grounding.

and i would do as Marblehead suggests, maybe go 9 circles clockwise , then go 9 circles counterclockwise.

i wonder if ya mu thinks rocks are sentient? B)

Unfortunately the earth doesn't ground me too well. Only big hardwoods seems to have great effect.

The tree would say the rock is mu. maybe the energy is just waaaay to slow to notice it?

I actually found a boulder that looks like it has a fossil in it and brought it to the tree. He doesn't mind that it's by him but says it doesn't do anything.

You can see it in a miss click photo I took.

I am going to break it open and see if there is a fossil eventually.

DSC00311.jpg

Edited by Dagon

It was actually warm enough yesterday so that I was able to walk around in my gardens barefoot. What a wonderful feeling!!!

I always walk around barefoot, if it isn't too cold and I'm not traveling. It does feel nice :)

nice post ya mu :)

i wonder if ya mu thinks rocks are sentient? B)

Yes

But much different than trees. Trees are, to me, easier to exchange energetics and information. BTW I let students prove to themselves, at each workshop when we do our Tree qigong, that tress are sentient. Not "what I say". This becomes a self-evident thing. Once this is realized the "tree qigong" takes on a whole new level of energetics. The Tree's energy field expands by an order of magnitude.

• Like 1

Yes

But much different than trees. Trees are, to me, easier to exchange energetics and information. BTW I let students prove to themselves, at each workshop when we do our Tree qigong, that tress are sentient. Not "what I say". This becomes a self-evident thing. Once this is realized the "tree qigong" takes on a whole new level of energetics. The Tree's energy field expands by an order of magnitude.

oh, i trust/know/agree with what you are saying. i just wanted to see someone

speak on behalf of the rocks :D i already knew your answer. i also agree that when

"students" experience for themselves, then they know. and that is alot better than telling them. hey btw, good luck this upcoming weekend in terre haute. i know it will be wonderful experience for those that attend.

i have many many friends in terre haute, behind the wall :ninja: ha! i am just kidding.

.... hey btw, good luck this upcoming weekend in terre haute. i know it will be wonderful experience for those that attend.

i have many many friends in terre haute, behind the wall :ninja: ha! i am just kidding.

Thanks

We have a nice place where there are some very old trees that we will go to do the tree qigong. I have to say this; in a workshop many times the tree qigong is the "turning point" or the "moment when all energetically jells" for the students. Usually quite profound experiences occur.

Thanks for the great info!

Maybe one day, I too will be able to notice the rocks energy.

It seems like my connection is not the tree itself, but more that an earth spirit was manifested as a tree.

What do you guys think about that?

It seems like my connection is not the tree itself, but more that an earth spirit was manifested as a tree.

What do you guys think about that?

I had a dream of a white bear leaning against this big old oak tree that was in the yard I grew up in. I went back to check that yard and the tree had recently been cut down. The white bear spirit symbolizes death in shamanic circumpolar cultures.

Thank you for sharing that with me fulllotus. I did not know that.

I did end up breaking open the rock (got really heavy had to carry like a mile), and there were some crystals streaked around on the inside of it. But it was just small veins of them, Now I'm thinking I should have kept some of it. But I don't know what are crystals good for even, lol.

at summer in the high dessert at night pine tree release specific odors like chocolate, strawberry, mint and vanilla. I think trees and people communicate electrochemically through chakras with essence or amrit, ambrose, soma etc. So this is through the breath and words. Talking with trees always feels very good.

Sign in to follow this