ralis

Burning Palm System

Who cares who gets credit if it is for the benefit of humanity. I have no hate, you only do what you know and have been trained to do, that is to be expected. Thank you for your time Gary, I hope to not have insulted you too much :P

Yeah, growing my own organic Yin Yang 5 element garden just planted some basic herbs but need to do more work on the backyard but mostly will be having fruit, veggies all organic and self proficient so I don't need to buy any contaminated foods. I do massage and healing for friends as well dit dar!

Just started teaching BP publicly hoping to spread the love, but everything cost money even for me brother!

Yeah, growing my own organic Yin Yang 5 element garden just planted some basic herbs but need to do more work on the backyard but mostly will be having fruit, veggies all organic and self proficient so I don't need to buy any contaminated foods. I do massage and healing for friends as well dit dar!

Just started teaching BP publicly hoping to spread the love, but everything cost money even for me brother!

Hopefully the up and comming generation will be wise enough to break this cycle!

-Peace and Love.

No insults here, just people want things for nothing and yes I come from traditional teachers that teach respect, these days people have lost that and think they can just take anything and claim it theres and yes I do protect my arts as so did my sifu's. To see it go backwards would only bring shame on my ancestors and myself!

Quality for me is better than quantity!

No insults here, just people want things for nothing and yes I come from traditional teachers that teach respect, these days people have lost that and think they can just take anything and claim it theres and yes I do protect my arts as so did my sifu's. To see it go backwards would only bring shame on my ancestors and myself!

Quality for me is better than quantity!

It's a good thing, because if I did pay you for the info, I would consider it mine to do with as I wished and give it to everyone for free.

Times change, the Ancients would agree with me on this point, if not may they strike me dead.

The Ancients wouldnt agree to be honest, thats why tibetans, daoist , buddhist, family systems keep their arts under lock and key and only teach out basics even till this day so like I said unless you grown up with a traditional chinese teacher and know the customs of the ancient china you would think otherwise.

The Ancients wouldnt agree to be honest, thats why tibetans, daoist , buddhist, family systems keep their arts under lock and key and only teach out basics even till this day so like I said unless you grown up with a traditional chinese teacher and know the customs of the ancient china you would think otherwise.

The ones living are not whom I refer. They are all stuck in the same cycle.

What do you think Lao Tzu would do this day and age, or Jesus, or Buddha, or Allah?

You think they would be selling what they know? They might accept a donation or offering, but they would not be selling it, nor did they ever.

They didnt accept everythone also, they chose their disciples which meant long processes of character building and stuff , u dont just walk up to Lao Tzu and say teach me and ill steal your information and teach it out with no idea or correction of what was told or taught to you. This is the sad western way, and believe me the temples and monks in china buddhist and daoist teach for money or some bartering system.

They didnt accept everythone also, they chose their disciples which meant long processes of character building and stuff , u dont just walk up to Lao Tzu and say teach me and ill steal your information and teach it out with no idea or correction of what was told or taught to you. This is the sad western way, and believe me the temples and monks in china buddhist and daoist teach for money or some bartering system.

No one would need to steal it, what would there be to steal?

Your Sifu even hinted at it in the endorsement video that his predecessors would have never thought to make it a business, or something along those lines.

It really stuck out to me that he could realize that, yet not understand it.

That they claim to own anything is hillarious.

Edited by Informer

I think we both disagree on this topic mate, you want me to give for free and see my art bastardised which I been training for along time to make it how I was taught. I have given free to many but I want to have people serious and respectful, sincere, loyal to the art and understand Mo Duk! Your view seems to be more western thinking when Ive been brought up by chinese teachers that these systems well most is handed down to one person per generation or held within a family.

I am very loyal to my arts always have been, sorry that it gets up your skin that things cant always be for free!!!

:)

I think we both disagree on this topic mate, you want me to give for free and see my art bastardised which I been training for along time to make it how I was taught. I have given free to many but I want to have people serious and respectful, sincere, loyal to the art and understand Mo Duk! Your view seems to be more western thinking when Ive been brought up by chinese teachers that these systems well most is handed down to one person per generation or held within a family.

I am very loyal to my arts always have been, sorry that it gets up your skin that things cant always be for free!!!

:)

No worries here, I don't want your teaching for free.

I only want you to consider things on your own rather than blindly accepting things just because. If you are done considering and come to the same conclusion, without regards to traditions and what you were taught, then so be it.

Just know that it is your own choice, and not in ignorance or by default that it is your choice.

Not ignorance just smart, seen it and been down that path with people giving for free. I give students free information after some time and usually when I know they are for real usually I dont charge them from a certain point in there training. Next we will have Burning palm teachers popping up with no real idea and that comes back to bite me in the ass, so no just protective of my system and thats the way it is bro! :)

Not ignorance just smart, seen it and been down that path with people giving for free. I give students free information after some time and usually when I know they are for real usually I dont charge them from a certain point in there training. Next we will have Burning palm teachers popping up with no real idea and that comes back to bite me in the ass, so no just protective of my system and thats the way it is bro! :)

Yeah, and they wouldn't have to do that if the info was already out there and correctly.

Making it unstealable would fix the problem dontcha think?

How would you maintain quality control nice idea yeah? I understand where you coming from and stuff although understand I put many years into this and making money from it to spread it isnt that bad as long as I use it for good purposes and usually that money goes back into my school anyway with herbs, healing people, equipment and puts food on my table for me and my boy. I've been teaching since 1992 and never has it been so much for the money but it does help and spreading the art properly that pay and understand what its about rather take some clips and a dvd and WOLLA Master Po's Burning Palm.

I rather quality and control of this art, before its lost and no one but me knows the complete workings of this system period that has been taught by GMDW or in his association. It was an oath to my Sifu that things are done in a certain way and this is the way it is! Just like that this system is only allowed 5 Disciples this generation pertaining to one of the 5 elements, so out of all the people I teach i have to choose 5 disciples that supposed to come to me that their body , power and character suites that element! You don't know what its about, as well others and what I have to do in my life is important and this is one of them. :)

Hope this clears things up on my side? :)

peace

Sifu Garry

Yeah, it shows me your perspective quite well. I don't think it is wrong or right, just different from the one I choose. Thanks for the patience!

I'll shoot one more.

So is the focus as the name-sake imply's? Which would be shifting the MDT, or solar plexus chakra to the hands? The right hand particularly?

BP is said to open the 3 Dan Tians and the chakras due to the times of day and practice it has, both hands are used in conjunction of yin yang theories.

;)

Goodluck finding your student's.

For what it is worth, you have my respect for not becomming overly defensive or angry at my comments and questions.

I imagine that your Sifu is as mild mannered when it comes to these things, you do him great respect, differing perspectives aside.

-Peace and Love.

If you have anything further to say that may deemed inappropriate or otherwise, feel free to send a private message, it will remain private regardless of the content.

Edited by Informer

I started studying the Burning Palm System with Sifu Garry a few weeks ago and am enjoying the course so far. Sifu Garry has been very prompt in answering any questions I had. The videos he sent me for Level 1 are easy to follow. There are meditations and martial arts to practice. It is interesting and I am having fun with it. I had been reading Sifu Garry's posts the last year or so and had always thought I would probably like to study it. Sifu Garry makes it easy to learn if anyone is interested.

• Like 1