King Kabalabhati

Fasting one day per week

Red Phoenix, would this qi water that sustains fasting practitioners be different from qi water that heals ailments? :huh:

I would say there is somewhat of a distinction between the two although they are very similar. Using water for creating Fu's has been around for a long time and many Taoist sects/lineages have different techniques. The Maoshan have several interesting techniques as does Wudang. In the end it's simply a mechanism to transfer your intention and energy; if you look at it that way then you are free to use the technique in a multitude of applications. I use my didgeridoo in the same way, simply applying the same technique to a different mechanism.

This techique appears simple, involving visualisation of chi in the mouth and then swallowing audibly. I havent done it much myself yet since I'm only doing short fasts for now.

Very cool, thanks for sharing! There is a Long Men Pai technique that sounds like it's the same, I use it at the end of qigong sessions when I'm all up in the chi cloud lol. Basically you gather your saliva and love it, smack your mouth a little and work it around as you fill it with chi and the love of the universe... then swallow! I find it to be fun and practical, a good ice breaker for practitioners that get too serious... helps me to remember not to be so serious cause I have a problem with that sometimes lol.

I think.. it's easier to feel chi on the fasted state. Because less blood is not being used to digest food.

Then when you eat again... especially carbohydrate food like fruit, or just try any carb... you feel it revitalizing you.

Dry fasts are supposed to be 3 times as strong/powerful than a water fast but it can be intense. I've done a 7 day dry fast. Was incredible..

Edited by Non

I think.. it's easier to feel chi on the fasted state. Because less blood is not being used to digest food.

Then when you eat again... especially carbohydrate food like fruit, or just try any carb... you feel it revitalizing you.

Dry fasts are supposed to be 3 times as strong/powerful than a water fast but it can be intense. I've done a 7 day dry fast. Was incredible..

A 7 day dry fast earns my utmost respect, sir. -_-

Sounds interesting, may I ask the significance of fasting before and during the full moon?

Full moons = times when the power of meditation is amplified. By fasting on those days I'm getting a double benefit you could say!

I forgot to reply to this thread.

Once a week fasting is a very good maintenance method. I would couple it with Chinese tea consumption throughout the day: green, puerh, a variety of oolongs, etc.

Good luck!

I forgot to reply to this thread.

Once a week fasting is a very good maintenance method. I would couple it with Chinese tea consumption throughout the day: green, puerh, a variety of oolongs, etc.

Good luck!

Really?

I thought tea had calories... thats why. I mean I know it shdn't but when I look at the label it has some calories, and you're trying to be at 0 calories not just minimal.

AS for the teas.. maybe it's best to consume them also according to the element they are in. Ie, pu-erh is Earth element, which is good for the spleen, so consume it from 7-9am when the spleen qi meridian is most active. Oolong is fire element which corresponds to the heart which runs from 11am-1pm.

etc.

a tea fast shd prbbly only be done sparingly though... tea can be acidic. maybe once during the day, and green tea since that one usually have 0 calories. lemon might help make it more basic but then that would be be some calorie intake.