Sign in to follow this  
InfinityTruth

The Truth of another is as important to them as your own is to you

Yeah Gravity is a Delusion

See you on the way down.

You just reminded me of a song by Dr. Hook - a new dance called "The Levtate". The words go "Lift your left leg, yeah, you got it, now lift your right leg. No! Don't put your left leg down, keep it up, now lift your right leg and Levitate!"

I completely agree, it is their life to do with as they wish. It is useless and a waste of your time and resources to argue with someone over their practices and beliefs. However it doesn't change the fact they are blithering idiots, if they spend their lives on practices that do nothing and get no results.

Most of the spiritual market is flooded with bullshit teachers who have never accomplished anything, their techniques and practices do nothing other than make the people who buy their materials wallets lighter (wallet qing gong?)

I realise it's not my place nor anyone else's to proselytize. If a person is smart enough to be a critical thinker they will look for teachers that have accomplished something via their practice, then study and evaluate which practices work and which don't on a personal level, if they are retarded they won't and will never accomplish anything as a result. It's karma in a literal sense.

I guess though my viewpoint is a little bit hypocritical, as I have had some false beliefs myself. Trusting people I don't know is among them. I guess you live and you learn.

To them it is truth and therefore its as important to them as your own to you. You're looking at it from your perspective and not theirs. Who cares if they're doing rituals and spells and shit. Its their life.

In the end if it really is bullshit to them they'll see they aren't getting anywhere they'll evolve their practices into something better.

Anyways I get what you're saying. If someone believes something strongly enough, it then becomes truth for them. Respect it, its as important to them as your own to you.

Someone from another perspective might think that what you're doing is a delusion. In fact I guarantee it. Christians have atheists and vice-versa(and so on...).

Unless you have all the answers, I wouldn't call anyone's practice a delusion.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

"How long has your guru been teaching?"

"Well, uh, over thirty years."

"And how many of his students have achieved enlightenment?"

"Well, uh..."

"That you know of personally?"

"Well, uh, I never..."

"That you've heard of?"

"It's not"

"That there were rumors of?"

"I don't think..."

"What is it they're doing, Martin? The recipe for enlightenment they're promoting - what is it?"

"Uh, well, meditation and knowledge, basically."

"And in thirty years they've never held someone up and said, 'Look at this guy! He's enlightened and we got him there!' In thirty years, they don't have one? Don't you think they should have, like, an entire army of enlightened guys to show off by now?"

"Well, it's not..."

"After thirty years they should have a few dozen generations of enlightened people. Even with only a quarter of them becoming teachers, they should have flooded the world by now, mathematically speaking, don't you think? I'm not asking all this as a teacher myself, mind you. I'm just asking as a consumer, or a consumer's advocate. Don't you think it's reasonable to ask to know a teacher's success rate? The proof is in the pudding, right? Didn't you ask them about the fruit of their teachings when you started with them?"

"Well, that's not..."

"Don't you think it's reasonable to ask? They're in the enlightenment business, aren't they? Or did I misunderstand you? Do they have something else going?"

"Nooo, but they..."

"If Consumer Reports magazine did a report on which spiritual organizations delivered as promised, don't you suppose that the first statistic listed under each organization would be success rating? Like, here are a hundred randomly selected people who started with the organization five years ago and here's where they are today. For instance, thirty-one have moved up in the organization, twenty-seven have moved on, thirty-nine are still with it but not deeply committed and three have entered abiding non-dual awareness. Okay, three percent - that's a number you can compare. But this organization of yours would have big fat goose egg, wouldn't they? And not just out of a hundred, but out of hundreds of thousands - millions, probably. Am I wrong?

- Jed McKenna - 'Spiritual Enlightenment:The Damnedest Thing'

• Like 1

When belief brings the reaches of the physical beyond

naturally formed social boundaries, in the name of religion,

spirituality, system, method or madness, the unification of

the bi cameral whole into a single point that tears through

the fabrics of reality with a single deliberate action will

suffice to make do with do's who don't and don'ts who do

leave everyone wondering what happened.

Hate Love.

Love Hates.

Hate hate.

Love love.

Edited by Spectrum

Very poetic but can you re-translate for laymen like myself, maybe break it down on a 5th grade level.

When belief brings the reaches of the physical beyond

naturally formed social boundaries, in the name of religion,

spirituality, system, method or madness, the unification of

the bi cameral whole into a single point that tears through

the fabrics of reality with a single deliberate action will

suffice to make do with do's who don't and don'ts who do

leave everyone wondering what happened.

Hate Love.

Love Hates.

Hate hate.

Love love.

Sign in to follow this