Mal

Calling all weather magicians

So what you're saying is that it was wrong to try?

I'm not saying it's wrong to try :-) What I'm interested in is the performance of the magic to best ensure its success. I'm saying it because god knows I'm not a weather expert (to my knowledge anyway ;)) and I can't possibly take account of all the conditions required for a given effect to take place so I'm wondering how sitting with a candle and a pressure map performs the effect? You sounded suprised that it had (maybe) "worked" :D so I also wondered, why try something with little hope of effect? Why "try" at all?

I'm not saying it's wrong to try :-) What I'm interested in is the performance of the magic to best ensure its success. I'm saying it because god knows I'm not a weather expert (to my knowledge anyway ;)) and I can't possibly take account of all the conditions required for a given effect to take place so I'm wondering how sitting with a candle and a pressure map performs the effect? You sounded suprised that it had (maybe) "worked" :D so I also wondered, why try something with little hope of effect? Why "try" at all?

What a beautiful and honest post, Kate. I do see what you're getting at, and the same thought occurred to me. Here's what I finally decided.

Based on the knowledge that all is One, I do think it's possible to get to the Source if and when we attain Self-Realization. I don't think there are many people who can actually get to the Source, and I don't know if I'm one that can or not. But I do know one thing. Nothing is gained without trying. I've noticed that the more I'm willing to step out of convention (essentially, be willing to look like an a-hole to the rest of the world) and actually put into physicality that which I claim to Know in my heart, that which I "believe". Actually, that's the wrong word too. To believe something is to see it as something separate, much like Santa Claus. When we Know something, it's that thing that has finally settled into our hearts and the knowledge has landed in our hearts because the knowledge resounded in our hearts to begin with.

If there really are such things as weather shamans, who knows how they do it? In my own defense on this, I didn't think I could do much harm in the path of a Cat-5 (I don't even think there's a Cat-6?) to envision a little bubble of high pressure over the town. Just seemed to me like cyclones liked low pressure, but you're right - I'm not a weatherman, but here's what I think. In the unlikely event I was actually able to get through to Source, Source would have understood my intent and complied, even if the high pressure thing was wrong. That was my thinking before I did the ceremony. But I actually did consider just what you were talking about. That's how I resolved it to my satisfaction.

If a person were trying to make a living as a weather shaman, it would be nearly impossible. I'm not sure the individual human spirit really wants to believe that it's possible to influence weather. His results would always be written off to coincidence. You'd have to get your payment up front, lol.

Gurdjeifs "Beelzebubs tales to his Grandson"

"" "In consequence, there is then automatically obtained, in these three-brained beings there, such a combination of functioning in their common presences as temporarily frees the data present in their subconsciousness for the manifestation of the Divine impulse conscience and for its participation in the functioning of their ordinary consciousness, with the result that this said Remorse-of-Conscience proceeds in them.

"And as this Remorse-of-Conscience gives rise to the mentioned particular crystallizations which issue from them with their other radiations, the result is that the totality of all these radiations occasionally gives the atmosphere of this planet of yours that particular coloration which hinders the being-organ of sight from penetrating freely through it

re: helping people

IMO the most powerful help comes from "loving thoughts" There is a reason for sayings like 'my thoughts are with you'. Never underestimate the power of something 'seemingly' as simple and everyday as loving and caring for people.

Personally I am taught to go with my feelings. I felt there was a window of opportunity to influence this event. It was something much bigger than me, yet I was able to ask for help from people around the world who have been taught to manipulate weather. Some even practice it regularly, others here teach people how to do it, and helping towns with weather problems is a traditional taoist practice :lol:

But this wasn't a "win" as such. It was a good outcome. IMO the least amount of damage was achieved, big population centers got through o.k. (there are still over 10,000 people in Townsville without power) But the cost was towns like Tully devastated (that's my partners home town) and Cardwell destroyed. I use to go to Cardwell for caravan holidays as a kid, stopped there all the time when traveling on the bike to Cairns and a lot of bike riders just ride up for the morning to grab a famous "Jesse's pie" The guy who runs the pie van use to drive the school bus that took my partner to school :) So knowing that what I was asking for was highly likly to result in huge damage to my "home turf" between Cairns and Townsville was a heavy decision.

I also did a similar high pressure/golden ball visualization for the town while it was going over (lots of sensations in the chest which I 'relaxed' and flowed out my feet) but it's always best to ask for help via your higher self rather than do too much with ego's.

i.e. along with a lot of other people in town I really wanted power to see the end of the cricket (yes it is sort of that important to Australians to beat England at sport) It felt a bit iffy but I got it. As things turned out power was then restored ~46 hours later, another 2 hours without power and I would have received $2,000. Fortunately no house damage so it's not like I need it (others do) but it's an example of asking for material things, there will be a material cost :lol:

I don't know what the others did, but is there any chance that any weirdness we tried may have actually worked?

of course not, that would be like having a superpower of something ;)

"You are not what you think you are. But what you think... you are" Thank you everyone.

p.s. Up to 40 homes have been destroyed and a firefighter has been injured in bushfires burning out of control around Perth Western Australia

Fuck off bad weather :angry: give everyone a rest for a bit ok