Sign in to follow this  
TheJourney

I am that I am

The only way that you can really describe reality is to say "there is what there is." Any attempt to expound upon what is takes away from what is, and therefore is an imperfect description. When you understand that "what is" is simply you, then there is another way of describing it. "I am that I am." Sound familiar? If not, it's what God says his name is in the bible. Very interesting. It really is the truth. But it's not some external God. It's you. It's me. It's all that there is. I am that I am.

I like to walk outside in the morning look, and around at my backyard. I take in evidence of the way of nature and heaven in wordless awe. Then i ask myself "can u dig it" ^_^

Edited by phore

Sometimes I feel this way too :-)

But I'm not god (nor a tree or a backyard).

Sounds awesome anyway.

----off to continue being a 10,000 thing

Indeed, words can never encompass the totality of reality. Hey, we can't even agree on what reality is.

A tree is still a tree no matter how we visualize it.

The only way that you can really describe reality is to say "there is what there is." Any attempt to expound upon what is takes away from what is, and therefore is an imperfect description. When you understand that "what is" is simply you, then there is another way of describing it. "I am that I am." Sound familiar? If not, it's what God says his name is in the bible. Very interesting. It really is the truth. But it's not some external God. It's you. It's me. It's all that there is. I am that I am.

"I am that I am" really translates to something like "I will/shall be who/that/what/which I will/shall be." According to Karen Armstrong it was actually a Hebrew pun. In the narrative Moses asks the voice that appears to be coming from the burning shrub who he should say sent him, that is the response he is given.

It basically meant "my name is none of your business." I always remember this when people sit and try to define things that are basically pointless: who "God" is; how the world came to be; evolution over creation; etc.

Being comfortable in one's own skin is really what is important. Jane's book,"Possessing Me," really echoes this idea.

Sign in to follow this