mewtwo

the authenticity of masters?

Ofcourse historically the 'free' way was to become a disciple/slave. Something that doesn't fit into modern times very well.

I've also been suspicious of highly charging masters. Its certainly a matter of caveat emptor. Still when someone who's charging $2000 for a seminar tells you to meditate 4 hours a day, you're likely to do it. When someone on a Youtube video tells us to do it, we don't.

The person who's paid $2,000, or $20,000 (1 year college tuition) may end up with quite a bit of juice and insight. The skeptic with none.

Still, I think the hours of sincere practice is as important an ingredient as the authentic master.

I've been reading some of Phore's blog in the personal discussion section. As important as the Kap training has been to him, the secret ingredient is..his dedication, hours, 4 hours a day he recommends of practice.

Maybe the 'juice' is acquired a drop at a time. Four hours gives a drop and at a gallon or so you become a master.

my 2 cents

Michael

• Like 1

^ Good realistic points...

And btw, YMAA charges fees too:

REGULAR TRAINING COST AND DETAILS

Seminar costs

Even if they didn't make a profit - training costs the teacher lots of personal time away from work, renting or building a training facility, etc. So just to break even, they would have to charge some money.

Thing is, I'll bet the just-lucky-to-be-selected Old School students who paid in sweat equity & blind obediance to masters who could NOT be bought (and would be insulted by any such an attempt)...might have wished that they could have just forked over a lump sum of cash instead, lol! The grass is always greener.. :D

Does Phore really meditate 4 hrs/day? That's awesome.

I noticed a while ago that most people on here who have actually attained anything - did train fanatically hours a day for some period before their breakthroughs.

"I noticed a while ago that most people on here who have actually attained anything - did train fanatically hours a day for some period before their breakthroughs."

I'd cut to the chase and suggest "most people on here who have actually attained anything - did train"

IMO (and small experience) doing so "fanatically" is potentially (although not obligarorily) a sign of "something up" in the "pre-training" situation. A life less-lived perhaps? Yup, I'm speaking for myself, but I wonder.

Still, if you're going to do it (as opposed to to reading about it, or chatting about it, or pondering the idea of it. Which I am of course also guilty of and I quite enjoy all of that stuff too :) ) might as well do it. :)