Sign in to follow this  
Stigweard

The Taoist Way of Manifestation

No problem Marble, but the idea of Mystery still has no place in materialism. I imagine most thoroughgoing materialists would scoff at such an idea.

Point made and I do agree but I still must hold to my Taoist understandings (and they are consistent with pure science in that Mystery is Dark Matter (in my mind)).

Sometimes I think the Tao finds us when we're ready. I'd venture to guess most of us here have spent years and years of focus on various paths and end up here in the one that has the least structure, the Tao.

I can't actually imagine a good scenario where the concept of Wu-Wei is taught to 'civilians'. The concept is so at odds with the basic urge to get out there and conquer the world (which is what you are basically teaching?)

I think I would try and come up with a system that emphasizes personal integrity first, as others have said. Then spreading that integrity to their co-workers. Making sure integrity and fairness is central to any business decision. Perhaps a power sharing with co-workers, rather than all the power being from the top down. Paying absolute attention to detail in business. Making sure their employees have the very best of benefits or profit sharing. There are many ways that integrity can be brought into the business plan, and I think motivation can be successfully done from this angle. You have many good role models with wonderful social consciences - Ted Turner, who is turning into a fabulous social reformer, Warren Buffet, Bill & Melinda Gates...people who are giving much of their wealth back to society. I would think this could be a highly motivational factor for you to communicate. The wealthier these people become, the more they're in a position to do some serious good for the less fortunate. But as to Wu-Wei? There's no way you can communicate Wu-Wei - of course you can try and they will understand to some degree - but their hearts won't believe it until they have walked the journey for themselves; they can't hear it from someone else. Asking anybody who doesn't understand Do Nothing to 'do nothing' is going to be counter-intuitive to everything they already believe. It just can't be taught in a course. But social conscience as it pertains to business can be taught. Then....when things are buttoned down from the inside out, the outside will manifest on its own.

I too agree with your feelings about not asking them to nail down their future. If the future is nailed down, serendipity is lost. But how to communicate this to someone who doesn't realize the world is really magic? Again, I think I'd go for the personal integrity. Nothing good will come if their house isn't in order.

Now ... how to translate it all back into a speaking presentation?

I'm glad you're happy Stig. :) As for how to translate it, I think it will translate itself in due time. As you interact with the new (or old forgotten) information, you change. Then the new you will be able to arrange a new presentation without making a concerted effort to think about various specifics, simply because you will be a slightly different person then. If various specifics are relevant, they'll present themselves to you. If they're not relevant, then simply the new you will know what to do, so there is no worry about translating.

Or to put it this way -- if you let the new information affect you, then the new you is the translation you want. Then the new presentation is only a fresh reflection of the new you.

I like to say this is the "no-how" as a play on "know-how." No-how, my friend.

Edited by goldisheavy

Talk about inspiration and a feeling of destiny!!!

:) I've been wondering how things have developed.

:) I've been wondering how things have developed.

You know we are quite connected don't you?

The Importance of Family and the Tao

:lol:

Just been breaking it all down, rewriting everything, looking at what is essential and what is superfluous ... asking myself, "If I was to really speak my heart to these people, what would I really say?"

Referring back to Ricardo Semlar ... his company, Semco, is not without systems. They have developed consensually agreed processes that stimulate performance without managerial structures that attempt to control performance. But the systems are still there, but they are only there because the cooperative agrees on them being there.

What is encouraged within their environment is the continual questioning of the way things are done and, if someone can demonstrate a more effective process, and if it is consensually agreed upon, then new processes are endorsed. A very liberal and fluid environment is the result.

So this is the fundamental of what I am seeking here. To have simple processes that inspire individual performance without trying to control or overly describe the outcomes of that performance. I have been playing with the processes I have outlined above and I have to admit that I am currently impressed by the results.

Thanks for asking :D

Sign in to follow this