RongzomFan

Is This The Truth About Kundalini?

no,i am not good in english

Ok, so we really have nothing more to say on the subject of my writing. :lol:

As well as your unfounded judgment of my level of realization or lack there of based upon your inability to really read and write or understand coherently in English.

Look, it's fine to have an opinion, but really? You think I write in an over complicated style but you are not fluent in English, the language that I write in?

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Guest sykkelpump

I don't poison my body regularly with alcohol. I've lived a very pure life for many years of my life and sometimes go out and end up drinking too much with friends and I've noticed that it effects my body and brain chemistry differently than it does with other people. I've lived many different lifestyles, including living in an Ashram meditating 4 to 6 hours a day and chanting 4 to 6 hours a day, as well as doing selfless service 6 days a week and on my day off doing even more sitting practice, and lived in this ashram in this way for 5 years. I also took care of a man with muscular dystrophy for 2 of those years as a personal attendant. This man is a great yogi and was a good mentor. I've opened and experienced every chakra to one degree or another and I have experienced the different realms associated with those chakras as well as all 8 of the jhana states at one point or another, though I've not mastered them.

I'm no master, but I've experienced rigpa and the power of Dzogchen transmission directly over the last 6 years, as well as shaktipat through a Shaivite lineage 21 years ago.

So, I really am not concerned with your opinion as it has no baring on my reality.

From your post above, and it's structure, it doesn't seem like English is your first language. Is it, or not?

no,i am not good in english

page 88

Jigme Lingpa said exactly as I said. That Madhyamaka if merely an intellectual exercise, will be an obstacle. Madhayamaka in Vajrayana has generally always been tempered with the practice of Yogacara or Chittamatra and is not a path all on it's own, but merely intellectual analysis and there are a couple of different interpretations that came out of this.

To quote from page 88.

Despite the clear importance of Madhyamaka for jigme lingpa's presentation of the Great Perfection, in the Longchen Nyingig texts the more philosophically complex aspects of Madhyamaka thought are generally ignored, and in some cases disparaged.

He basically elaborates on the fact that Dzogchen is a more pure presentation of the actual state of enlightenment. He doesn't absolutely ridicule Madhyamaka, he merely disparages some interpretations as well as some conclusions of various schools derived from trying to understand Madhyamaka.

He's basically saying, those that take up emptiness as absolute, as a basis, are mistaken and only reach a certain level of meditation. When Nagarjuna talked about the emptiness of emptiness, revealing that emptiness is relative as well. So Jigme Lingpa is not ridiculing Madhyamaka which just means, "the middle way." But rather clarifying it's position. As he says taking the intellectual reference point into the state of rigpa is a mistake and a limitation.

At the same time, he uses his intellect to explain this, revealing relativity, which is Nagarjunas point to begin with, sometimes having nothing to do with certain schools conclusions.

I have talked about this a number of times. So has Namdrol. So, I think your idea that Jigme Lingpa absolutely ridicules Madhyamaka would be an overstatement. He disparages certain interpretations of Madhyamaka.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

My apologies for getting this thread off track!

Just winding this back a few hours.

I'm not sure you got this off track single handed Ralis - its takes a few TaoBums to do that :).

This was quite an interesting thread until people went off on the usual Karma/Dzogchen thing ...

It would be great if people could avoid telling other posters that there is something wrong with them (or their practice) on the basis of what they have read on here. We don't really know each other, most of us have never met, even if we had it would take some extraordinary genius to work out 'what's wrong' with the other person. So how the hell can anyone know what is up with anyone else on here on the basis of a quickly typed post??? I would suggest caution on this front - I know it would annoy the hell out of me if anyone tried it ... its one of the reasons threads descend into personal abuse ... (and you know what happens then :ninja: ).

I think that (and I know this is what Buddhist teachings say) Karma is impossible to understand properly from a relative point of view. It is quite a powerful working praxis in my view and also 'explains' or rather provides a working view for all the shit that happens (without the divine judgment thing). Also it tends to make you think twice before being nasty - which must be good.

I think that some people derive great joy from alcohol - not me I can take it or leave it really - I just get woozy, fall over and pee myself - no great experience. i do think it tends to distort emotions - something to do with being 'water' I guess.

I was taught that the higher teachings (Mahamudra in this case but also Dzogchen) do uphold the whole of dharma - Four Noble Truths and so on - so I agree with Vaj on this one. However it is also true that someone could attain the state mind without the rest of dharma - but then they wouldn't be Buddhist would they? so why even refer to any Buddhist terms e.g. Dzogchen.

On one level it is all bollocks - just words - but on another it is what we have, what we work with and what we experience - so its not bollocks at all.

Edited by Apech
typos

Guest sykkelpump

Ok, so we really have nothing more to say on the subject of my writing. :lol:

As well as your unfounded judgment of my level of realization or lack there of based upon your inability to really read and write or understand coherently in English.

Look, it's fine to have an opinion, but really? You think I write in a complicated style but you are not fluent in English, the language that I write in?

I ferfectly understand your english I just haave some writing/spelling fault.but I dont spend time correcting it,as long as my point is clear.You write coplicated,I think many others would agree to that.I still belive what you write is what you have been reading.its not your own words from experience,like yogani writes for example

I ferfectly understand your english I just haave some writing/spelling fault.but I dont spend time correcting it,as long as my point is clear.You write coplicated,I think many others would agree to that.I still belive what you write is what you have been reading.its not your own words from experience,like yogani writes for example

I have no idea who Yogani is.

No, it's derived directly from my experience contextualized through what I've read, and I've read some complicated texts. If your opinion was an objective truth, everyone would agree, but sure, plenty would agree while others would disagree with you. So many people think Buddhism itself is too complicated. I think it has everything to do with an individuals capacity to see that or not. For me, Buddhism is clarifying of the complications of life, so that one can have a more simple inner state of clarity in reference to life's multi-layered complexity.

My writing style got more complicated when I became a Buddhist. I was definitely more simple in my expression and understanding when I was a Hindu. For me, it's not over-complicated, it's just more clarifying and subtler of an approach. The complicated and the simple are not in conflict, just look at the universe! :D

p.s. I don't mean to diminish what Hinduism did for me, as it was a huge step in the right direction for me. It played an integral part in my path towards positive self transformation.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Just winding this back a few hours.

I'm not sure you got this off track single handed Ralis - its takes a few TaoBums to do that :).

This was quite an interesting thread until people went off on the usual Karma/Dzogchen thing ...

It would be great if people could avoid telling other posters that there is something wrong with them (or their practice) on the basis of what they have read on here. We don't really know each other, most of us have never met, even if we had it would take some extraordinary genius to work out 'what's wrong' with the other person. So how the hell can anyone know what is up with anyone else on here on the basis of a quickly typed post??? I would suggest caution on this front - I know it would annoy the hell out of me if anyone tried it ... its one of the reasons threads descend into personal abuse ... (and you know what happens then :ninja: ).

I think that (and I know this is what Buddhist teachings say) Karma is impossible to understand properly from a relative point of view. It is quite a powerful working praxis in my view and also 'explains' or rather provides a working view for all the shit that happens (without the divine judgment thing). Also it tends to make you think twice before being nasty - which must be good.

I think that some people derive great joy from alcohol - not me I can take it or leave it really - I just get woozy, fall over and pee myself - no great experience. i do think it tends to distort emotions - something to do with being 'water' I guess.

I was taught that the higher teachings (Mahamudra in this case but also Dzogchen) do uphold the whole of dharma - Four Noble Truths and so on - so I agree with Vaj on this one. However it is also true that someone could attain the state mind without the rest of dharma - but then they wouldn't be Buddhist would they? so why even refer to any Buddhist terms e.g. Dzogchen.

On one level it is all bollocks - just words - but on another it is what we have, what we work with and what we experience - so its not bollocks at all.

Thank you for your clarity Apech, I appreciate and respect it. :D

No, I dont agree that V. writes complicated. I dont enjoy it when people write complicated at all.

I do agree it is ideal if we dont begin to say to one another the equivalent of "the trouble with you is.."

No, I dont agree that V. writes complicated. I dont enjoy it when people write complicated at all.

I do agree it is ideal if we dont begin to say to one another the equivalent of "the trouble with you is.."

Hey Cat the trouble with you is you don't got no troubles.

Hey Cat the trouble with you is you don't got no troubles.

the trouble with you is whiteness and furriness and that egyptian thang.

the trouble with you is whiteness and furriness and that egyptian thang.

How can you say that when it is written in the teachings 'thou shalt be furry, white and walk like an Egyptian' - clearly you need to study these things properly otherwise your chakras will get fuzzy and karma will fizz like diet cola.

Guest sykkelpump

you dont have to agree he said it himself in his last post

"I do agree it is ideal if we dont begin to say to one another the equivalent of "the trouble with you is."

I do too, except this is "what's wrong" with VJ :lol: He seems to do it and over do it, and over and over again. At one point I thought, wow, here is this great teacher showing me my ego limits, inside and out. But then that's also valid for everyone else on TTB's.

BTW, Apech, it's both bollox and not bollox :lol:

Guest sykkelpump

"I do agree it is ideal if we dont begin to say to one another the equivalent of "the trouble with you is."

I do too, except this is "what's wrong" with VJ :lol: He seems to do it and over do it, and over and over again. At one point I thought, wow, here is this great teacher showing me my ego limits, inside and out. But then that's also valid for everyone else on TTB's.

BTW, Apech, it's both bollox and not bollox :lol:

he is not a great teacher,but a great reader

:lol: :lol:

He would gain some respect here if he would just relax and not pretend he is better than anyone else. All his posts could be summed in one paragraph.

Edited by ralis

How can you say that when it is written in the teachings 'thou shalt be furry, white and walk like an Egyptian' - clearly you need to study these things properly otherwise your chakras will get fuzzy and karma will fizz like diet cola.

Diet Cola is the nectar of the gods, as taught by Tesco in the Great Teachings of the Discount Codes. I thought all egyptians knew that. Getting Fuzzy Wid It is an age old practice that results in harmonisations of all Fuzz of the Vehicle.

you dont have to agree he said it himself in his last post

Oh lordy... what does writing complicated mean anyway?? I think you mean I write opaquely. Or incomprehensibly?

I think your response is subjective and valid for you. So, I would suggest not reading what I write if you get a bad inner reaction to any of it?

:lol: :lol:

He would gain some respect here if he would just relax and not pretend he is better than anyone else.

Ok, Mr. "I'm in Mensa!"

All his posts could be summed in one paragraph.

Yes ralis, and yours can be summed up as "Guru's are evil, Buddhism is for stupid people, and Vajrahridaya doesn't know how to write."

:lol:

That's a very short sentence. :P

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Which I also happen to be ;)

Where was that other post of mine where I explicity said "I hope I'm not doing the ganging up thing"? And I was talking about my own ancestral bone to pick with VJ when I posted that. Let's not hitch a ride where none is offered.

Cat, you'd be suprised how many people give in to Tesco. :(

Which I also happen to be ;)

Where was that other post of mine where I explicity said "I hope I'm not doing the ganging up thing"? And I was talking about my own ancestral bone to pick with VJ when I posted that. Let's not hitch a ride where none is offered.

Cat, you'd be suprised how many people give in to Tesco. :(

Well thank you Kate. Sometimes in here it's like Elementary school all over again. Which is my own karma. I have an energy that elicits responses that are contrary to my conscious intentions.

What amazes me is how this thread descended into a topic about me personally? I came in here, shared my experience and view of my experience, had a little but I think important debate with Alwayson. I answered some sincere questions concerning the Buddhist view on various things, not everyone agreed, which is fine. But, Ralis comes in here and turns it to all to shyte, making it all about me personally, which stirs up all his supporters like a mob. People who hardly post, all of a sudden turn up to post negative remarks about me, on a personal level?

WTF??

Guest sykkelpump

What amazes me is how this thread descended into a topic about me personally? I came in here, shared my experience and view of my experience, had a little but I think important debate with Alwayson. I answered some sincere questions concerning the Buddhist view on various things, not everyone agreed, which is fine. But, Ralis comes in here and turns it to all to shyte, making it all about me personally, which stirs up all his supporters like a mob. People who hardly post, all of a sudden turn up to post negative remarks about me, on a personal level?

WTF??

I dont support anybody,just tell my opinion.But I dont think it will lead to anything good.so i think its best to focus back on the orginal topic

I dont support anybody,just tell my opinion.But I dont think it will lead to anything good.so i think its best to focus back on the orginal topic

Your opinion was unwarranted and comes from somewhere within you that needs checking. Not only is your opinion untrue, it carries an intentionality that you should look at as you are the source of it.