Warrior Body Buddha Mind

Burning Palm - Nomad Fighting System (clips)

Looks like the mindskills of Sinfest are pretty damn good already :-)

Except you're getting a bit too much into the thread IMO :-)

One of the fun things about qi-gong IME/IMO is it really reconciles you with your sexuality. Especially if you are from a repressed culture, which I certainly am. (Note: being 'from a repressed culture' tends to make one 'repressed'. So it's kind of both funny to consider and not all IMO/IME once you realise how much the repression of sexuality (and not all forms of repression are immediately obvious) is an influence.

the Burning Palm connects to the elemental forces

Warrior Body Buddha Mind,

What elemental forces does this practice connect you to?

Thank you.

Burning Palm System is more fire element as in the name sake, but we use the sun, moon, water, earth, air, trees (wood), for instance the morning practice starts with a seated sungazing meditation followed by air element. Midday has water as well others due to the sun being at its peak, Extreme or pure Yang, and has night or moon meditation as well which will balance out the fire.

More to it but uses 5 elementals mostly and combines them at times during the practice depending on the levels!

Take care

Sifu Garry

Burning Palm System is more fire element as in the name sake, but we use the sun, moon, water, earth, air, trees (wood), for instance the morning practice starts with a seated sungazing meditation followed by air element. Midday has water as well others due to the sun being at its peak, Extreme or pure Yang, and has night or moon meditation as well which will balance out the fire.

More to it but uses 5 elementals mostly and combines them at times during the practice depending on the levels!

Take care

Sifu Garry

Sifu Garry, I've been considering this practice for some time now thinking it would complement my bagua practice nicely. Based on your statement above though, could you clarify on what times/places/activities are absolutely necessary? For example, you have sun gazing listed above. I learned a sun gazing nei gong method about 20 years ago from a Vietnamese Tai Mantis Shifu. The only problem with it is you need access to the sun at the right time of day. Can't look at the noon sun of course. With getting my new business off the ground I'm going to have little time available in the morning and possibly evening. With those restrictions can this gong still be practiced?

Thank you,

This thread really made me LOL.

Sifu Garry I thought your weapon forms were really cool. Your agility & power are impressive.

Baguakid,

The Sun gazing meditation is done as it rises there is no or little U.V at this time, the midday is never to looked at but to train when the sun is at its peak full yang, the night is done for the moon yin energy for the balance. So far ive only taught the midday practice Gongs for the "Soong Tahn Ging" which includes conditioning the hands, footwork etc, ive only showed the martial side of this style so far cause most people want to have meditations plus fighting which the miday practice was designed for, the morning is the spiritual side and night is the healing side all combined at the end make a very powerful art for combat, healing and health.

Ish,

Thanks mate :)

I live near the sea so for me the sand or on a cliff is absolute awesome, when doing midday you dont sit in the sun but near big healthy trees or your backyard, but its the connection to the solar force you are after not just sit in the sun and meditate!

So if I read this right, you need to have daily, specific times set aside to practice this art, is this correct? May be too difficult for my schedule right now.

Not really mate, but if you want to connect with the elements and see how far that takes you then the times are what they are, but anytime in this day and age if you cant make it, you will still get the results, just that sungazing is very spiritual for me and as I work nightshift I also can watch the sun come up when its not raining but do what you can you know what I mean?

My students can also only do what they can at the times they have and get awesome results, but if you want to stick to the tradition of what ive been taught try it that way, something is better than nothing. Im only passing on the art the way I was taught so the students get the proper information thats all.

Maybe these nomads did other things during the off times like farming, medicine, family so these times are just passed to me which im passing on plus gets people into a routine.

Hope that helps?

What time/s can you practice I might help you out and others if they are interested in other levels also?

Sifu Garry

Not really mate, but if you want to connect with the elements and see how far that takes you then the times are what they are, but anytime in this day and age if you cant make it, you will still get the results, just that sungazing is very spiritual for me and as I work nightshift I also can watch the sun come up when its not raining but do what you can you know what I mean?

My students can also only do what they can at the times they have and get awesome results, but if you want to stick to the tradition of what ive been taught try it that way, something is better than nothing. Im only passing on the art the way I was taught so the students get the proper information thats all.

Maybe these nomads did other things during the off times like farming, medicine, family so these times are just passed to me which im passing on plus gets people into a routine.

Hope that helps?

What time/s can you practice I might help you out and others if they are interested in other levels also?

Sifu Garry

Well, maybe a better question is the amount of time needed for this type of practice. I could slide out the back door for 10 to 15 min in the AM and/or PM and get it done that way but if you tell me 45min morn and 45min night.. that would be a very difficult to get away from work.

The Neigong I learned way back when was to gaze at the morning sun as it was coming up while doing dynamic tension martially oriented movements with breath retention. Pretty intense. The guy who taught me this learned from the old style Chinese in the Chinatown of Saigon. He would say after a while steam could be seen coming from the top of his head while practicing. I never spent too much time with it as dealing with the sun could be very dangerous business.

Edited by Baguakid

Hmmm Hard question in a way, what you put into it you get out of it! 15Mins would be ok the sun meditation is seated and then you do a standing moving set (soft) that has a visualisation and connects to the air element. There is some postures (mudras) you hold at certain parts during the set and the longer you hold the more you get so depending on 15 mins maybe that isnt enough for you as you are a pretty advanced bagua practitioner? But that being said just the seated meditation for me is powerful stuff so depends on what you want to achieve brother?

Sifu Garry