Encephalon

Zeroing in on specific internal organs

Well the organ I have been working on a lot lately is the spleen. I have noticed while working on it that it seems to house a lot of the negative emotions that have been ailing me lately, such as home discord. Some of the books I have read state that the spleen relates to us feeling comfortable with our surroundings and our home enviornment, all earth element type stuff. I've always felt like I was unable to settle down and find my comfortable spot in life, and I think that holding a lot of negitive energy here has had a lot to do with that. Bruce Franzis said that chi is where karma connects with our bodies. So I am hoping that once I get my spleen cleared out that I will stop attracting to myself unfriendly domestic situations, and begin to find good ones. The spleen also has to do with our musculature, and flesh, either too much, too little, or just right. I have always tended towards the slightly skinny side. Also I have tended towards the slightly unenergetic side. Both a lack in the spleen department.

About a month ago I was working a lot on my heart and lungs, mainly due to issues with relationship and love stuff. After about a good month of working on that area I noticed a big different for the better.

Before that my main area of focus was my liver, due to having a short temper at times. Working on that helped there as well.

A year or so ago it was my kidney's and the weird thing about that was that a lot of old memories even ones that I had forgotten came up in the realm of things that I feared. Now those things do not bother me either.

So going though the organs and clearning them out of junk is definately worth it.

Hi Bums, fascinating thread here :)

Professor Wong here in melbourne showed a friend the kidney flexing thing, but he unfortunately has retired from teaching.

I am ok at feeling Liver, lungs, heart and kidneys, but poor at spleen.

I was wondering about the cycle to do organ meditations in? Does it matter? Are there unsafe places to finish...

Thanks All!

Seth.

Hi Bums, fascinating thread here :)

Professor Wong here in melbourne showed a friend the kidney flexing thing, but he unfortunately has retired from teaching.

I am ok at feeling Liver, lungs, heart and kidneys, but poor at spleen.

I was wondering about the cycle to do organ meditations in? Does it matter? Are there unsafe places to finish...

Thanks All!

Seth.

I do my routine based up Mantak Chia's inner smile. I start with the heart, lungs, liver, spleen, kidneys, and then end with the lower dan tien as to make sure I don't leave too much chi in any one organ so it does not get burned out. Sometimes thought (like now) when I can tell a specific organ needs a lot of work I tend to focus more on that one, but this is a speical thing, not my daily practice.

Hi there,

I have started to read the "Opening the Energy Gates of your body book" and I find it really useful

information for refining my practise.Until now I do exercise which can be put into dissolve practise.

You people must do the practise very long. I do such practise since 5 years and I am just not ready to work on my inner organs since there are so many layers to dissolve in the rest of the body which is hours of work, now with the book I can add the sinking Qi with the Ice to Water to Gas method. The 70%rule really works fine but from time to time one have to push it 100% even 110% to get external and internal good results. Also this not staying too long on a blockage is a safety to rule and protect the time one have. One can spend, I do so, 20 min to two hours on a place and the blockage is gone for eternity, else I found it is clogged again easily if one dissolve it slowly because you will have to get rid of the growth the blockage is try to regenerate in the time between exercise.

Regards,

Q

On one hand I just got right into inner smile / healing sounds as Mantak Chia states its a good beginning practice. On the other hand though I have been doing it for a couple years now, the amount of junk I keep digging up from it never ceases to amaze me.

For example, what's the sound of five organs releasing simultaneously?? ^_^;)

Hmmmm interesting...... :closedeyes:

What it looked like was, WLP lifted his shirt, pointed to where the liver is, bulged it out, pulled it back in, bulged it out -- well, from the outside, you're just looking at something you have never seen a human body do in your entire life, that's what it looks like -- and then he lifted it up almost to the armpit and then dropped it down, and then asked a student to punch him in the liver, hard. The student punched, hit the spot but there was no liver in that spot by the time the punch landed, the liver was lifted up from under the blow. It was shown as an efficient internal organs protection technique in MA. Needless to say it was mind-blowing.:)

Good example of how mind controls matter. What you see is a reflection of your own mind. Let me give you another account I came across:

There was the case of this particular Sufi master who lived in Pakistan; one day he was found by his fellow villagers laying dismembered on a field, his limbs scattered all around and with not a trace of life of what was left of his body. They thought the master was torn to pieces by wild dogs and quickly called the Police but when they returned later on were shocked to find the sage calmly sitting in one piece. His only explanation for what happened was that "he couldn't hold himself together that morning." :lol:

Mind controls matter, for sure.

This topic of working with the organs has been of interest to me for a while now. In fact it was pretty much one of the first things I did when I got into Qigong. My approach then was direct. I would use the Inner Smile and Healing Sounds and meditate on a specific organ. I was not really prepared for some of what came next since I was new to Qigong. I had a lot of old and totally repressed memories, emotions, and all came to the surface. I'd have stuff that I had totally blocked out of my memery from childhood come back up with the emotions at the time and sometimes even smells associated with the event.

Though it got to a certian point where I felt like I had reached a plateau and I was no longer getting the same effect from this practice as before.

So my main approach now is to take the approach that Brodi mentions. Cultivating some emptiness and letting that create and guide the qi where it needs to go. So these days I usually don't focus on an organ, but tend to observe them being worked on. Though if I were going to choose one to work on right now it would be my spleen due to my energy level being a little low and my mind being kind of fast lol. Though my hunch is that next time I meditate for a good length of time this will probably happen.

Edited by dmattwads