Sign in to follow this  
John Zen

Examples of Daoist Magick

I hear people talk about Magick. I don't think there's any other way for me to put it:

What are some real examples of Daoist Magick?

I really like the stories in 7 Taoist masters (Eva Wong) and her Shambhala Guide to Taoism covers the classic examples- Weather magic, Talismans (Fu's :)) Feng Shui, I Ching etc.

but if you mean "real" as in "show me a picture" well.....

I suppose this one has already been stated, but isn't "real magic" about changing oneself? Don't underestimate this change with respect to others. :)

The weather stuff, I don't expect to be able to change, but I might get better at feeling what's on it's way. Maybe.

Hey there,

I thought it was pretty magical, when I went on an OBE and got to visit people for just a little while on another astral plain. I thought it was pretty magical when my arms, not astral arms, but mine raised slowly up, and held there, and slowly lowered back down to rest softly on the bed...

I also think that is is beautiful when I'm meditating for awhile and time goes by so fast, and the longer I'm there the better I feel... It feels beautiful and wonderful... And I'm just getting started, I have so much to learn and that is exciting too...

Take care Mel

I suppose this one has already been stated, but isn't "real magic" about changing oneself? Don't underestimate this change with respect to others. :)

The weather stuff, I don't expect to be able to change, but I might get better at feeling what's on it's way. Maybe.

Hm yea changing your bad habits or conditioned perspectives is the real work. They Often take more stress then the workouts that cause the side effects for "Magick" aswell, which is an explaination for why some people just don't work on themselves enough while looking for things like this. (Run on sentence).

Being able to change the mood of the room with energy is an interesting example I think. it happens automaticly with people with strong energy, but I've run into one guy that could just effect the area to make it "vibe" what he wanted. It's the same as the Secret Smile, you just learn to make the close enviroment feel a way you want it too.(Projecting it out)

Sign in to follow this