genmaicha

Recovering yuan qi

A member's recent favor reminds me that I did write so much about Yuan Qi nearly two and half years ago under this topic.

To me , a little unbelievable ...anyway, I think , after crossing the threshold , ie, capable of initializing some qi themselves , people should try a shortcut for upgrading the quality of their qi by reading Zen's writings, especially the Chinese Zen masters' . Seriously think about why these people talk such kind of silly things in that way ...

Well im not sure if im the one that your referring too but ill explain my case of what i know and believe.

Jing means the essence inherited from parents. In the ima circles it is also known as internal power.

Yuan chi is not the essence inherited from the parents it is the original heaven chi that was the first to come into the embryo that came before the spark of life. Restoring the yuan chi in the ima circles is also known as restoring the TE or restoring the original power.

Well im not sure if im the one that your referring too but ill explain my case of what i know and believe.

Jing means the essence inherited from parents. In the ima circles it is also known as internal power.

Yuan chi is not the essence inherited from the parents it is the original heaven chi that was the first to come into the embryo that came before the spark of life. Restoring the yuan chi in the ima circles is also known as restoring the TE or restoring the original power.

Bull's eye.

I think I can address this issue simple enough. Yuan Chi(元氣) is the basic minimal energy which is required to sustain a body to perform its vital functions. Yuan Chi is a very common term in the Chinese language. For example, when one ran for a distance until exhausted, then one needs to be rested to recuperate. Under the state of exhaustion, it was said to be that the Yuan Chi was lost but need to be restored. After a resting period until the body was back to normalcy, then it was said to be that the Yuan Chi has been restored. Thus Yuan Chi is equivalent to the "original power".

Edited by ChiDragon

This is from page22-23 of the basic condidtions of taoist thunder magic. i did a longer quote this time.

"When the one spark had not yet agitated, my own body and the breaths of heaven and earth mutually were the inside and outside. The one is yang and the one is pure.

At the beginning, the one yang is most enduring and sound. there is nothing mixed up with it. The one yang is thrusted into the center. When the human being comes into life for the first time, the one yang had first agitated. When the father and mother wed there essences, then it is that heaven and the one give birth to water, and so it is that [the element] fire is born within water. the fire is yang. When the yang agitates, then it is that the very being streams forth that manifest their being. they definitely come to life due to heaven and the one. Water is goodness(jen). Goodness means, "to be ripe " (shih). The inside of a fruit produces a kernel, and what is stored inside the kernel, this is the goodness . Goodness is the perfect water (chen shui), and water was brought to life by heaven and the one."

Yuan Chi was lost but need to be restored.

I agree and disagree with this.

Yuan chi cant be lost or gained in this sense that is true. The yaun chi is the orignal power of heaven and this original chi in the ldt controls all of the other energy in our body. In our lives we lose awareness of this. When awareness is restored then our connection to this yuan chi is restored. You see our chiflow keeps us connected to it and when there is a significant blockage in our chi flow we cant not longer hold on to the original power from heaven and it leaves us and we die.

Edited by templetao
  • Thanks 1

Under the state of exhaustion, it was said to be that the Yuan Chi was lost but need to be restored

After a resting period until the body was back to normalcy, then it was said to be that the Yuan Chi has been restored.

Please put some emphasis on the words in red under the preset conditions, so, the original thought does not get distorted.

Thank you....!!! ;)

Edited by ChiDragon

On 9/27/2010 at 5:23 PM, NeiChuan said:

I"ve heard and experienced moxa being using on the lower dan tien. Theres specific instructions though.

After the second time burning moxa, I felt my feet become warm. In normal tempature there never freezing anymore.

NeiChuan - do you have a reference for the moxa instructions? I would be very grateful for your help.