Sign in to follow this  
Marblehead

Taoist Philosophy

Yes they are very clever. One of the first computers I built years ago burned up.

The Cause? I had lots of wires I didnt secure with plastic ties. A very quick and dirty job that restricted airflow. Thats tracks for ya :)

Peace

If peace, order, and the pursuit of happiness are invisible things, obviously they cannot be really obtained by visible means.

Hi MH..

Its really good to know you are not totally against the notions of allowing for the 'emptiness' aspects to play a vital role in life... :):P

Yes, the 3 pursuits may be invisible, yet their fruits can be very sweet indeed! Empty pursuits, yet completely cognizant fruition! Rings a bell? :D

Thanks for sharing this!

Hi MH..

Its really good to know you are not totally against the notions of allowing for the 'emptiness' aspects to play a vital role in life... :):P

Yes, the 3 pursuits may be invisible, yet their fruits can be very sweet indeed! Empty pursuits, yet completely cognizant fruition! Rings a bell? :D

Thanks for sharing this!

Hehehe. No, Cowtao, I really am not as narrow-minded as I sometimes present myself to be. It is just that I feel the need to sometimes take an opposing view of a concept so that the fullness of a particular concept can be viewed by those following a discussion.

Indeed, those three concepts, as well as many others in that category, are very important in attain a full life.

I doubt, however, that you will oftentimes see me talking about the mystical or spiritual aspects of reality because there are already many members here who speak from that point of view. I honestly believe I can be of more help by presenting alternative views to the various discussions.

And yes, even the pursuit of emptiness is valid. That is the root of my meditation when I do meditate.

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this