That Guy

Is Gardening Evil?

steam, do tell me, how do you cultivate a plumeria plant/shrub/tree in an apartment? You've got me very curious. :)

I bought a stick, I put it in water until made roots and then I planted into a vase, first year just made some leafs, this year I hope will grow bigger, and maybe in a couple of years will have flowers

IMG_0409-1.jpg

It should grow like this if have plenty of sun

IMG_1692.jpg

and maybe with luck (the right combination of sun, water and nutrients) will have flowers like this :wub:

IMG_1693.jpg

but maybe Montreal is too rainy and will not have flowers as I wish to :unsure:

Edited by steam

If one wants to talk about evil in relation to the natural world, the corporate thugs that are running this planet into the ground must be included in any discussion.

The ongoing oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico. BP and other oil companies have claimed how technologically advanced and safe drilling is today. :wacko: The "drill baby drill" wingnuts have not said a word.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/30/gulf-oil-spill-may-eclips_n_558306.html

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8241206 photos of spill

In terms of gardening, the use of petrochemicals to grow food or ornamental crops is causing much destruction to soil ecosystems i.e, microbial and fresh water supplies.

The only amendments I use in my landscape business are fish supplements "Protein Crumblies", compost, mulch and calcium. I virtually have no weed or insect problems.

ralis

Edited by ralis

steam, thanks for sharing. good luck with your plumeria :) , as I thought it was a tropical plant. (RE: weather, didn't Montreal get snow just this week? :huh: )

Yes but I kept the plumeria inside in front of the window, already she has leaves bigger than last year in august :) I have big expectations

Not in my opinion. And yes, I have a beautiful garden (front yard) and yes, I kill any weed that enters my gardens uninvited with the intention of messing with its beauty, just as I might do to someone who entered my house uninvited with the intention of doing harm.

I have been hit on a number of times about killing the weeds but I content that anyone who wishes to have weeds in the garden instead of beautiful flowers they have that right. I personally choose flowers.

Peace & Love!

Some personal experience here -- most "weeds" are actually quite edible and medicinal plants. Top 5 weeds in my yard? Dandelions (Edible, and medicinal), Chickweed (Delicious edible), Violets (delicious edible/medicinal), clover (makes great tea), garlic mustard plants (great snack, and I toss leaves in pesto), wood sorrel (another delicious edible).

That may help how some view "weeds" and in becoming "one with the tao" regarding their garden.. I always enjoyed figuring out wild edibles.

That may help how some view "weeds" and in becoming "one with the tao" regarding their garden.. I always enjoyed figuring out wild edibles.

Yep. There are a lot of people who are 'into' that. I'm not one of those. (My snapdragons are doing great right now too. And all I do is look at them - I don't eat them.)

I am one with Tao regarding my garden. My flowers don't like weeds and neither do I.

(Of course, weeds are nothing less than the indigenous plants of the area where we live. So they really should not be looked at from a negative perspective. But still, if the plants of my area had pretty flowers on them I would probably look at them from a different perspective.)

And the world continues to turn.

Peace & Love!