Sign in to follow this  
buscon

Tension at Jade pillow gate

Cayenne.

Hi,

lately I've noticed some tension at Jade pillow gate, the area around Fengfu DU-16 and Naohu DU-17.

It's actually nothing so bad, I'm doing every morning spring forest 1&2 active exercises and sitting meditation (half lotus). I'm building balanced energy, and I've learned to move the heat from the lower dan tien, to the heart and latetly I'm trying to concentrate to the third eye area - still I always balance with some heart and lower dantien focus.

Last night, I woke up at 6 o'clock and I couldn't sleep; so I used some acupressure in the Jade pillow gate area, as I learned from the book Acupressure's Potent Points against insomnia. In little time I felt asleep.

While I meditate, I suddenly feel my head out of place, the chin is not drawn back: I immediatly correct it.

On the other side I've always have dandruff, even though I eat quite well, I do sports and I'm not experiencing anger or stress.

Maybe someone can find some sensible connections with these happenings and give good advices, I hope so :)

Cheers

Cayenne.

hi drew,

can you give me more explanation about the use of Cayenne and the situation that I've described ?

thx :)

Well that area -- the base of the skull -- it's a crucial point for clearing general energy blockages out of the body -- Chunyi Lin says to always keep the back of the skull covered in the winter here in Minnesota. Because bad energy can get in there through that too -- but also the base of your skull has your grandparent's spirits there according to Taoist Ni, huang-chui.

Still cayenne is great for circulation -- to clear out blockages in the skull. A teaspoon of cayenne can save a person who is having a heart attack! Africans traditionally clear out their skulls by snorting cayenne. So you could try that to get a more direct effect.

hi drew,

can you give me more explanation about the use of Cayenne and the situation that I've described ?

thx :)

I can't recommend highly enough: A Manual of Acupuncture by Peter Deadman. There's also a pdf version if you search for it.

This is the english language reference book on acupoints.

This is one of 3 main textbooks which are required reading for the Master's Program where I teach.

The class I was assisting in today, uses this manual directly.

The others are CAM, or Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion.

And the Shanghai text on Acupuncture.

For point location and general theory only. There are about 20 other books for different areas.

I can't recommend Cayenne Pepper for EVERYONE. Its a very acrid, toxic and hot herb. There is a reason its used for pesticide control in various countries. If you are someone who has an excess amount of damp, cold or really slow metabolism, then yes, maybe. But if you run hot already or have a history of sores, rashes, excess sweating, eczema, or other heat symptoms, DO NOT USE CAYENNE.

Remember, not all people on the internet have a medical degree!!!!

:)

Sign in to follow this