Sign in to follow this  
IanB

Training Blogs

Should we have training blogs?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should we have training blogs?

• yes
    • no

Just an idea, do you guys think it would be a good idea to have a section with day to day experiences of our individual training. This would be a good way to start conversation and develop an understanding of different people response to the same practise.

What do you think?

IanB

I think a "Training Blogs" section is a really good idea.

I think that, too easily, our view of our practices degenerates into structured theory about what "should" be happening in our practice, molding our experience to fit into ideals (as if any of us really knows what's going on), and then - based on all of that non-sense - what we think we should do about it. Manipulations of what is, into what we want, what we hope for, what we think ought to be happening. What is tends to get lost in that process. (I mean, obviously, i like theorizing, too... and am not ready to give it up altogether.)

I think a simple "here's what's going on with me" orientation could often be a lot more honest. I'm for a "Training Blogs" section.

Oddly synchronistic Ian. I was thinking about asking if anyone would object to me adding a "training logs" forum literally just last night. I think it's a great idea, and if no one has any strong objections I'll add it.

Sean.

I'm all for this, as perhaps reading about other peoples' successes (and maybe their struggles) with their training routine will help inspire me to stick to one of my own.

Looking forward to the first logs...

I'm the one that said "NO" in the poll. Training blog is useless just like Wiki page. Instead of wiki, we need Articles page where we put the most useful and practice oriented posts as articles that can't be changed.

Sign in to follow this