Sign in to follow this  
enouch

Universal Post Question

Hi! Many masters teach the universal post position as a way of gathering chi-B.K. Franztis, Kenichi Sawachi,Goto, Dr.Ming, ecetera.Yet, I've encountered other masters that have told me universal post is good for something else...not necessarily[not really] gathering chi. Any guesses?

Standing exercise activates or "harvests" the chi which means you are focusing and moving the chi. "Gathering" or "cultivating" the chi is the sitting meditation. If you are not moving while standing then it's a combination of both -- just as sitting in full-lotus puts pressure on the thighs, similar to the static standing position. So the energy will activate on its own -- and be focused where it needs to go -- both gathering and harvesting.

Hi! Many masters teach the universal post position as a way of gathering chi-B.K. Franztis, Kenichi Sawachi,Goto, Dr.Ming, ecetera.Yet, I've encountered other masters that have told me universal post is good for something else...not necessarily[not really] gathering chi. Any guesses?

harvesting happens after cultivation

Explain please. You guys are close...I'll wait too see if anyone answers totally.

I had always thought that standing practices were used to help circulate energy that is cultivated in the sitting practices.

On a more physical level, I notice (at least in my superficial experience) that my body feels much more integrated when I include regular standing.

Can anyone elaborate?

R

Explain please. You guys are close...I'll wait too see if anyone answers totally.

To cultivate is an act of tending nurturing what is natural into a refined state. There are a lot of gung people using farming analogies; personally I don't just gather the fruit, I eat it!

I had always thought that standing practices were used to help circulate energy that is cultivated in the sitting practices.

On a more physical level, I notice (at least in my superficial experience) that my body feels much more integrated when I include regular standing.

Can anyone elaborate?

R

Quite right the master told me that the practice helps with refining chi and circulating it as opposed to gathering chi! Don't forget there are mudras taught by Cohen and in the tridaya course for gathering chi when practicing. Of course, Chunny Lynn teaches the index finger/thumb mudra seals the energy circuits. Well, time to go run three miles in the cold[snow outside] of Chicago.

Prior to recieving my first mentors transmission he gave me a lot of verbal instruction on circulation, one of the analogies he used was refining a huge boulder down to very fine powder. That with each breath there should be a constant flow that refines the work of the body into it's most primary components. After a period of time the chi will flow easier and less restricted, akin to working the boulders down to rocks, then gravel, then pebbles, grout, and finally a fine powder.

He explained to me at this point that it is not so much that you are increasing your capacity for energy, or "getting more of it" rather your natural reserve functions to it's fullest potential, ie removing the many many spaces between the rocks as you reduce them to sand, naturally the sand would break down and you would be able to put more sand in the same space as a fewer volume of rocks would fit.

Sign in to follow this