宁

Qi is NOT Energy

Pre-heaven jing/essence.. Can THAT be affected is the real question.

http://www.yin-yangalkaline-acid.com/The%20Tonification%20of%20Pre-heaven%20Qi3.pdf

Hey, they have Yuan Qi formulas in there too. Whoot

Anyway Qigong is a higher source than herbs so I only practice qigong and meditation.

"The fire of Ming Men is called Yuan Qi; the water of Ming Men is called Yuan Jing." This tells us that Yuan Qi and Yuan Jing do not belong to the Kidney but to Ming Men.

"Yuan Qi is distributed to the five zang and forms the Jing of the five zang." Where is the place of origin of the Yuan Qi? The Daoists believe it is Dantian.

The kidney is considered the residence of Original Essence (Yuan Jing), which is converted into Original Qi (Yuan Qi).
:blink: Edited by vortex

Nice talking to you, by the way, I really like your style of expression.

Thank you, likewise.. for the more simple among us, you are refreshing link to concepts we can onlt 'feel', it is nice to be able to conceptualize these understandings.. as such, i can present a more comprehensive perspective to others, without speaking beyond the scope of my own understandings.. i will sit with your words, first.. then test their practicallity, prior to sharing, but.. the inherent wisdom of connectedness was presented in a nicely functional fashion.. and, i am not prone to taking credit for the wisdoms of others which pass through me, credit given where credit is due.. Thanks..

Be well..

What if it's a kind of posession? :)read here. I'm not saying if it's true or not, I'd say it's plausible. Before thinking, hey DannyTinny you're stupid, research it before dismissing plesase :lol:. I'ts just a point of view.

If you can do a translation instead of a grad paper?..-_-:)

I can, but it has to be from Chinese... Who knows? Thank you.

I finally finished reading this thread; many wonderful bits and pieces, here. Somebody mentioned the five elements paired with ascending, descending, contracting, expanding, and rotating, and I have been thinking about something similar in my own practice- but not quite. My concern is pitch, yaw, and roll in my sense of location. You could say that this is due to the influence of the cranial-sacral rhythm on my sense of balance, as consciousness takes place.

Pitch, that's the nose of the plane up or down, ascending or descending, extension or flexion of the spine.

Yaw, that's the nose of the plane left or right; that's a little harder parallel, yet I suspect there is some left and right involved as the cranial-sacral rhythm causes the limbs to rotate inward with spinal flexion and outward with spinal extension. Why there is left and right is a good queston; I would guess because the sacral movements stretch the sacro-spinous ligaments and generate movement side-to-side, with consequent activity in the hamstrings and quads, and this activity stretches the ilio-tibial tracts on either side and causes activity in the sartorius muscles.

Roll, that's the body of the plane rotating on the center-line, the cranial-sacral rhythm rotating the sacrum opposite to the rotation of the pelvis through the stretch of the sacro-tuberous ligaments and the consequent activity of the piriformis muscles.

The rotation of the sacrum effects activity in the extensors, which move the temporal bones and the parietals, and thereby affect the nerves that control the cranial-sacral rhythm (on the sagittal suture).

"Exhaling focus heaven": The cranial-sacral rhythm enters into the long or short of exhalation, and focuses the sense of location in the occurrence of consciousness. "Inhaling focus earth": The long or short of inhalation and the focused sense of location in the occurrence of consciousness allows feedback between the cranial-sacral rhythm and the activity of the body that affects the nerves that control the cranial-sacral rhythm.

This is also the miraculous power and marvelous activity of drawing water and chopping wood, but as Yuanwu said:

"When you arrive at last at towering up like a wall miles high, you will finally know that there arent so many things."

(Zen Letters, Teachings of Yuanwu; trans. by Cleary & Cleary, page 83, ©1994 by J. C. Cleary and Thomas Cleary)

I know, far-fetched, the parallel with the five elements... :rolleyes:

Edited by Mark Foote

"When you arrive at last at towering up like a wall miles high, you will finally know that there aren’t so many things."

(Zen Letters, Teachings of Yuanwu; trans. by Cleary & Cleary, page 83, ©1994 by J. C. Cleary and Thomas Cleary)

This morning I would add that towering up like a wall miles high for me is settling into the reciprocation of the extensor and the psoas muscles, which plays the hips back into the angle of the sacroiliac joints.

Edited by Mark Foote

I know, it sounds silly.

I asked the same question three years ago, here.

What is Qi?

According to Taoist Wang Liping ( Bejing 1994), Qi is the transportation vehicle of energy. There are three kinds of Qi in the universe, which can be written Qi with rice, water and fire underneath. You could refer to laoziacademy.us and dao-de.org and can figure out the detailed category of Qi in the universe.