Taiji Bum

Do Drugs help or hurt your search for enlightenment?

Marijuana, Cactus and Mushrooms have helped me IMMENSELY. I didn't use anythign til I was 28 but man did they ever open up my eyes to the possibilities. I find it funny that the people who are vehemently against entheogens are the most uninspiring, bleak, unaccepting and judgemental people out there.

I think everyone knows what "in moderation" is for them. My body will let me know and then I back off for a while until I am inspired to use again.

I don't think it's "artificial" in anyway. Many breathing techniques and other practices seem contrived/artificial/unnatural to me but using entheogens is can be the most natural action, for me :)

"This is probably one of those things where no real debate is possible since neither side will change their minds much like on the topics of abortion, war, execution and other hot button issues."

Thank you for for revealing where you stand by comparing the subject of drug use to the above topics.

Mushrooms, grass and yes, even MDMA have tremendously assisted me in a spiritual nature. However, drug experimentation is a double-edged sword. While those substances did indeed greatly help me, I became addicted to heroin (and somewhat to cocaine) during my drug field trip. The Tao saved me. There are a lot of sketchy people in the drug scene, and I cultivated lots of horrible relationships with DEMONIC people. Emotional energy vampires GALORE, one in particular when I finally detached myself from, I felt emotionally 100x better, tenfold the energy and willingness to practice, lost the complete urge to indulge in escapism drug use and even lost an affliction of kleptomania; these all being original traits of the energy vampire; this is something I really cannot explain in-depth. Emotional/Positive/Chi energy vampirism is VERY real, and very tired into drug use.

Edited by fizix