Freeform, if you reading this...

Do you think at my current situation it is advisable to avoid foods that add heat to the body or is it ok to let the liver heat up to stimulate the process? I guess liver cleansing foods & herbs could also be beneficial?

I've still had no more mental issues, no sadness, none. I'm open to other people and feel like I can relate well to everyone, including the wife. Where there used to be a feeling of jealousy when thinking about her and her possible lover together, there is now a feeling of anticipation in the gut as if excited about something to come, not really knowing what it will be. It reminds me of stage fever, you know when you're about to make a speech or sing in front of an audience. I also get sexually a bit excited when thinking of those two in bed and imagining my wife in extreme arousal and fulfillment. I try not to do that too much though to avoid overheating B)

There's a fiery feeling spreading from my liver to the whole body. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and I was feeling very energized. Took many healing sounds to get me back to sleep but it helped. All the time I'm feeling this fiery electric energy in the whole body. I feel the anger spicing things up, there hasn't been an uninspired moment since this started to happen two days ago. I haven't been any angrier at my kids than usual, maybe a little less aggressive.

Well, my wife is coming home in two days, we're gonna see if her presence can cool me down or if I should consult a chigong doctor or something.

Yes - best not to add any heating foods - sour foods might be interesting to explore. Support your kidneys, they need to be nourished. Wood moves into fire, that's why you're feeling a fieriness.

Very cool - your inner weather is moving and cycling. It takes time, there will be more released at a manageable pace if you keep the other elements flowing too. I would stay away from cleansing herbs for now, the opening will be cyclical, you've started a big change in you, let it do its thing before adding more to your system.

That anticipatory excitement - that's a great sign. In me I find there a self-conscious, shyness type of feeling, when I can stay with it and bathe it with uncontrived awareness it flowers into 'attractiveness' - not that you'll think you're attractive, but you'll notice a difference in how you present yourself outwardly (in me it's as if I have no idea what I will do or say next, I just watch myself do or say it) and you may notice a very interesting change in people's reactions to you - particularly your children - pay attention to them, show them that vulnerable, anticipatory side of you. They'll see a new level of presence in their dad... they may run away :lol:

Be aware that your notion of what 'balanced' is might not really be balance as such, but just how you used to be... so don't 'force' balance - it will come, and don't anticipate what actual balance might feel like.

Anyway - by the sounds of it you're exploring all that this new opening is bringing you which is great! Keep going down to the more and more subtle sensations, subtler and subtler - don't think but explore with awareness... Emotions always start as subtle sensations, and if ignored or unnoticed actually become these full-blown emotions.

Drink lots of water. Keep grounding. Trees might teach you more bout the wood element too :)

First KK- I want to share something that you've inspired in me. My first response to your situation was just that- to your situation. I engaged my own emotional response to your circumstance and shared it, as well as how I would proceed to handle that emotional response, were I in your shoes. That is what it is, but obviously some part of me relates enough to your situation to HAVE that emotional response. So what I'm seeing now that I'm past the emotion, is that you are calmly examining in detail your own responses to a VERY emotionally challenging situation, and really genuinely embracing the oppotunity to learn about yourself.

It's on a scale most people don't ever even acknowledge... I know I almost missed it, and I hang out here so...

So here's what you've inspired in me- I've worked with the healing sounds before- and to get to the associated emotions I would kind of loosely move between visualizing a texture to that emotion, some intangible blah, and searching for a memory of that emotion, a picture or story that might elicit.

What I was missing was the tangibility. I tweaked it today inspired by your current mission. For each emotion I worked with, I made a statement, in the first person, that exemplifies my experience of that emotion as it relates to my current circumstance. I'm using my ex right now because it's fresh and important to me- so for example in the kidneys- to find fear- "I'll never land such a hot girl again who's ALSO so domestic. There could only have been one of those." And to find gentleness- "Who I was at the time was what attracted her to me, I'm already that, and continuing to become more of it. There's nothing to find, and nothing to do, as I become more of myself more like her will continue to be drawn to me."

This made it IMMEDIATE- the emotions now have context, relevance. My monkey mind is engaged IN PARALLEL to the textural tactile bodily sensations that accompany them and the witness is organizing the whole thing. It's a pretty phenomenal breakthrough for me, and I'd like to thank you for your courage in your circumstance, and your willingness to share it, as you were a huge catalyst for this.

Freeform- once again this is GOLDEN-

That anticipatory excitement - that's a great sign. In me I find there a self-conscious, shyness type of feeling, when I can stay with it and bathe it with uncontrived awareness it flowers into 'attractiveness' - not that you'll think you're attractive, but you'll notice a difference in how you present yourself outwardly (in me it's as if I have no idea what I will do or say next, I just watch myself do or say it) and you may notice a very interesting change in people's reactions to you - particularly your children - pay attention to them, show them that vulnerable, anticipatory side of you. They'll see a new level of presence in their dad... they may run away :lol:

I've experienced this before but it has remained elusive, and you have now given me a much clearer map to finding it. Yet again, this must go in my personal practice journal.

Thank you all for making this kind of growth and sharing possible. What a great place this is.

Yes - best not to add any heating foods - sour foods might be interesting to explore. Support your kidneys, they need to be nourished. Wood moves into fire, that's why you're feeling a fieriness.

Very cool - your inner weather is moving and cycling. It takes time, there will be more released at a manageable pace if you keep the other elements flowing too. I would stay away from cleansing herbs for now, the opening will be cyclical, you've started a big change in you, let it do its thing before adding more to your system.

Be aware that your notion of what 'balanced' is might not really be balance as such, but just how you used to be... so don't 'force' balance - it will come, and don't anticipate what actual balance might feel like.

Anyway - by the sounds of it you're exploring all that this new opening is bringing you which is great! Keep going down to the more and more subtle sensations, subtler and subtler - don't think but explore with awareness... Emotions always start as subtle sensations, and if ignored or unnoticed actually become these full-blown emotions.

Drink lots of water. Keep grounding. Trees might teach you more bout the wood element too :)

Well, what are internet forums for? :)

Seriously, I never consciously anticipated anything this effective would come through TTB. I posted mainly because I was alone with my situation and needed to spill it to somebody, didn't want to put the load on my mother, she would've only felt sorry for me :rolleyes:

The purpose of cultivating to me is to increase the loving capacity. Once we can remove the hidden obstacles the capacity will increase and loving will not be as difficult, dramatic or traumatic. I used to believe in this before, now I know it's for real.

First KK- I want to share something that you've inspired in me. My first response to your situation was just that- to your situation. I engaged my own emotional response to your circumstance and shared it, as well as how I would proceed to handle that emotional response, were I in your shoes. That is what it is, but obviously some part of me relates enough to your situation to HAVE that emotional response. So what I'm seeing now that I'm past the emotion, is that you are calmly examining in detail your own responses to a VERY emotionally challenging situation, and really genuinely embracing the oppotunity to learn about yourself.

It's on a scale most people don't ever even acknowledge... I know I almost missed it, and I hang out here so...

So here's what you've inspired in me- I've worked with the healing sounds before- and to get to the associated emotions I would kind of loosely move between visualizing a texture to that emotion, some intangible blah, and searching for a memory of that emotion, a picture or story that might elicit.

What I was missing was the tangibility. I tweaked it today inspired by your current mission. For each emotion I worked with, I made a statement, in the first person, that exemplifies my experience of that emotion as it relates to my current circumstance. I'm using my ex right now because it's fresh and important to me- so for example in the kidneys- to find fear- "I'll never land such a hot girl again who's ALSO so domestic. There could only have been one of those." And to find gentleness- "Who I was at the time was what attracted her to me, I'm already that, and continuing to become more of it. There's nothing to find, and nothing to do, as I become more of myself more like her will continue to be drawn to me."

This made it IMMEDIATE- the emotions now have context, relevance. My monkey mind is engaged IN PARALLEL to the textural tactile bodily sensations that accompany them and the witness is organizing the whole thing. It's a pretty phenomenal breakthrough for me, and I'd like to thank you for your courage in your circumstance, and your willingness to share it, as you were a huge catalyst for this.

Freeform- once again this is GOLDEN-

I've experienced this before but it has remained elusive, and you have now given me a much clearer map to finding it. Yet again, this must go in my personal practice journal.

Thank you all for making this kind of growth and sharing possible. What a great place this is.

And Freeform, THANK YOU

My situation has got me more and more interested in the Five Elements meditation. I have the book by Chia but it seems a teacher might be necessary to get me somewhere. I even know a couple of guys who teach it around here, well not here but within a driving distance.

The book gives good information about emotions and their respective organs. Do you think there are dangers to doing these formulas without a teacher?

Still I feel a lot of anticipation and a bit of heat, the heart beats quite rapidly most of the time. Every now and then there appears a wave of bliss when I get connected to the more unconditional compassion I feel towards that angel I love so much :wub: THIS IS VERY EDUCATIONAL I TELL YOU AND FAR FROM A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE THOUGH MIGHTY CHALLENGING.

I'm thinking I'll let her read this thread once she gets home tomorrow. Or, I'll MAKE her read it :D

Edited by King Kabalabhati

My current situation is a challenging one, well at least for a being that's not quite enlightened it is.

My wife is away on a holiday and I know she's at her friend's place, a male friend with whom they have mutual attraction. We have "opened" our marriage and are nowadays more friends than spouses, meaning having sexual relations with other people is not entirely forbidden by mutual agreement.

Now it's quite possible that they end up making love during her stay and I'm trying to open my heart to accept and give my blessing to this situation. This is the first time in 10 years either of us has a "lover" although she calls him a friend (we've had 9 yrs of marriage with children).. But she admitted she feels magnetism towards him, a kind of magnetism she doesn't feel for me.

So I've told her if she wants to have sex with him then they maybe should, since I don't want her to be forever in a sexually "under-devoleped" state, I know it's hard to go forward on the spiritual path if one has any sexual frustrations or feeling of "lacking an experience". Good sex with a big man who really arouses her could help her I think, even if I'm still gonna be together with her once she gets back home.. We're really close and share a lot of good communication and a special kind of love with a strong mutual urge to help each other progress in life. So you could call it a perfect relationship in that sense, and it will be once I can release my conditioned emotions and replace them with pure unconditional love. It doesn't help to receive all this pity from my mother and mother-in-law..

Now I simply ask you to give any advice or philosophy for opening the heart for acceptance and compassion, I want to go forward too and I'm a bit tired of self-pity and jealousy that attack me every now and then. I do feel cleansed by meditation already, yesterday was harder than today.. At times I feel like my chest is all opened up and I feel very light, but occasionally the possessive feelings return for a while. I of course let them come and go.. but can someone come up with ways our thoughts to make this process roll smoother?

You want two or more different things at the same time, that is neurotic and quite common. Why would you deal with that, when in fact you only change the thoughts not the neurotic state?

Still I feel a lot of anticipation and a bit of heat, the heart beats quite rapidly most of the time.

some of the energy you've been releasing from the liver is going to the heart. It also needs to go into your muscles and tendons. Repressing anger is kinda like repressing this energy to act out. 'Out' is important coz wood is expanding, growing - going out... so you may try to express it outwards... for me the best thing is spontaneous qi gong... fill up with the wood energy and let it take over... what results is spontaneous movements that are quite similar to the deer movements in various forms of the 5 animals - lots of leaping, springing, using tendon elasticity, deer horns etc I find energy travels through the legs a lot.

So yeah - don't over-stimulate your heart - some exercise would be good, anything that gets you using your whole body to move as one with energy and lightness - rebounding maybe... the five animals, particularly deer would be good to do (get into it by yourself - not too much technique - it's already inside you just let it express itself). Act without second-guessing yourself.

Now the heartbeat has calmed down, there's a bit of heat still coming from the liver but mostly I'm feeling relaxed and easy. Lot of healing sounds today, they're the best. I spoke today with a friend who's recently broken up with his woman and we got a very open-hearted communication going, after this I did the Tao Yin program and ended up feeling very relaxed. I'm honestly not bothered anymore by the thought that she might be making love with her friend at this particular moment. Whenever I think about it it just releases a little more heat from the liver. Feels kinda good in a way B)

Freeform, I'm sending you my blessings. Thank you.

some of the energy you've been releasing from the liver is going to the heart. It also needs to go into your muscles and tendons. Repressing anger is kinda like repressing this energy to act out. 'Out' is important coz wood is expanding, growing - going out... so you may try to express it outwards... for me the best thing is spontaneous qi gong... fill up with the wood energy and let it take over... what results is spontaneous movements that are quite similar to the deer movements in various forms of the 5 animals - lots of leaping, springing, using tendon elasticity, deer horns etc I find energy travels through the legs a lot.

So yeah - don't over-stimulate your heart - some exercise would be good, anything that gets you using your whole body to move as one with energy and lightness - rebounding maybe... the five animals, particularly deer would be good to do (get into it by yourself - not too much technique - it's already inside you just let it express itself). Act without second-guessing yourself.

She's home..

Things are quite different from what they used to be.. And I would say for the better.

First of all, she HAS been fucking her friend. I gave her my feelings about it, I let the liver tell me what to say.. She took it all quite well. After that I settled, my liver settled and we started getting constructive.

And now... We're quite happy together :D

Not that there's likely gonna be anything "more" between us than a very deep, long under-the-skin kind of friendship, and from this experience I gather that there's not many things in this world that could come between us to break it. I realise now that what we share is so much more profound than a simple act of screwing (which she said was quite enjoyable and ok, btw) that to throw a treasure like this to waste for jealousy would be sheer madness. It feels kinda nice to have the freedom to fuck around if I feel like it, who knows if the perfect sexual kungfu sparring partner should show up one day? Meanwhile, our projects will be running and the children growing, with some kind affection and tenderness expressed whenever we have time for it...

Otherwise I must say that energy to me is the greatest pleasure right now, it's clean and easy, with no excess social drama involved:) I seem to be able to "come" internally by just holding her hand :lol:

It's still uncertain how things will run when it comes to the guy and her, they'll probably have some rendez-vous every now and then, like a few times a year or so.. but when it comes to human relationships I've noticed they can be shaky, especially when there's not so good communication going (they have different language and the guy has bad english). So this I also can't worry about, I let the Tao take its course and bring whatever it will.

It has come more and more clear to me that to advance on the path of righteous spirituality it's possessiveness and anger like mine that HAVE TO be dealt with. The liver seems to be my key organ, but I'm going to search through the others also to find if there's something lodged there.

I think this is it for now, if there's more to tell I'll surely resurrect this thread and share the news.

thank you for your support, Taobums! God bless.

King K

King,

Glad to hear you are ok. You are obviously doing lots of energy work.

Best wishes and good luck with this situation.

A.

Go where?

I don't need to go, I am already here :) Self-pity is not bothering me anymore. Jealousy is constantly being transmuted into bliss. I'm more interested in energy work than in constantly changing my social conditions, if I chose to go I would probably have to keep on "going" again and again..

Markern, I just read this post over and placed an order on 2 books by D.Shade :) Let's see if he could teach me something useful.

Number one for rekindling things would be getting the passion goind and I realy think David Shade could help with that. Even if his writings does not apeal to you he can teach you to hypnotize her to have wild orgasms on your command and how to give her orgasms by just talking (without hypnosis). A second important thing is that there are in fact lots of superb technical stuff out there that WILL make a huge difference to the quality of the sex. On the more sensual side you have superb sexual massages that give most people better sex and stronger orgasms than they ever had by other means. Google joseph kramer, new school of erotic touch, bodyelectric school and annie sprinkles super sexual massage. There are also taoist sexual massages out there that kick ass. The mentioned people have links to the taoist stuff as well I think. On the realy technical side finding and using BOTH the g-spot and the a-spot does a lot. Googel David Shade and the deep spot and you will find an article were he describes the location of the a-spot really well.

There are also the taoist thrusting techniques shallow and deep (9 short thrusts and one deep or another number of shorts and then one deep), there is the screwing - you churn and screw with your dick in stead of just going in and out. If you google taoist thrusting techniques you will also find descriptions of a 9 great ways to vary your thrusts that are more sensual then just numbers. You also have the very technical one where you do 9 short, one long,8 short 2 long, 7 short 3 long and so on until you reach 1 short and 9 long and start all over. Google coital alignement technique/the cat position. It is a position that maximizes a womans chance of orgasm. But really, the best way to get your girl hot for you again is David Shade. But it does require becoming more of a "man" in the relationship and more dominant in bed. Believe me, done well, this works on 99% of women wether they knew they liked it before or not. It is sooooooo well tried out by so many men in the pua community. Women want masculinity and dominance as well as caring and romance in bed and if a woman says she does not have magnetism with you but with another man that is usually always were the problem lies. To get this to work requires being strong outside of bed in daily life and not let her lead you or push you over, it requires "being the man", being yang. And it requires being the man and being dominant in bed. I wrote a thread once in a sex forum and asked women if they wanted more dominance in bed from the man and all the women replied they would LOVE more of it. There was a huge thirst for it. It is exactly the thing that makes women really HOT. If you can combine that with also having days of more nurturing spiritual sex, exploring tatnra and karezza and doing sexual massages like the once I talked about you have got a winning combination. Even if you want to jump straight for the spiritual stuff I think you need to start at a more earth based animal attraction since you already got the partnership going and that does not work for the passion between the two of you.

KK I admire your courage- something to consider while you are working with your liver at the forefront- it controls the spleen. Personally I have struggled all my life with anger- and realizing it was controlling pensiveness was a huge shift in perspective. In my life now anger is an indicator that I have not honestly expressed myself, it is an attempt on my bodys part to emotionally compensate for a failure to act, to outwardly express what I need to.

Also- I personally believe constantly changing social situations are part of energy work- I want my energy to flow within and without, not to live in an emotional vacuum.

Maybe you relate or maybe you don't but I offer it just in case.

All the best.

Go where?

I don't need to go, I am already here :) Self-pity is not bothering me anymore. Jealousy is constantly being transmuted into bliss. I'm more interested in energy work than in constantly changing my social conditions, if I chose to go I would probably have to keep on "going" again and again..

Thank you longrythm, in fact I can't seem to avoid changing social conditions, they seem to change by themselves.. It's just to meditate and let it flow, allow to come and dare to let go.. I am also determined to express myself more fully.

BTW I did the spleen sounds today and it also heated up and started releasin emotions. One thing I noticed is that the emotions feel "bad" as they rise up from the organs but once they hit the crown they seem to dissolve.

Edited by King Kabalabhati

Very cool observation. I'm gonna play with that today.

Thank you longrythm, in fact I can't seem to avoid changing social conditions, they seem to change by themselves.. It's just to meditate and let it flow, allow to come and dare to let go.. I am also determined to express myself more fully.

BTW I did the spleen sounds today and it also heated up and started releasin emotions. One thing I noticed is that the emotions feel "bad" as they rise up from the organs but once they hit the crown they seem to dissolve.

It was not the best timing to start working with the spleen when she'd just come home and I had only a few hours of sleep behind me.. Now I'm attacked by anxiety, I felt it strongly in the evening and now I woke up in the middle of the night, I feel it in every cell. It's a different vibe from the liver heating I had before, the heart is not hyperactive but the mind/nerves are somehow overcharged.

Emotions.. How much my perception of them has changed during the last week or so.

Well, back to the healing sounds.. :o Whoooooo

not the best timing to start working with the spleen

:lol: hahaha - you think there's a best time!?

running inner dialogues? mind can't settle? welcome to the world of the spleen! on the other hand it can also make you very centred, grounded and content... With emotions you want to constantly move towards balance. balance in emotions happens when the positive and negative emotions hold hands... This is according to me of course :lol: - Some try to get rid of the negative and get more of the positive, I've never seen this work consistently. It's always an on-going drama - just like you can't only breathe in - at some point you need to breathe out - with emotions both sides will be expressed... you get to chose whether you want to be aware of their expression or not.

Awareness brings the ability for you to manifest your Will. Will brings you the ability to direct your awareness.

As always - when just starting, there is a phase of clearing. When we try to only have the positive, and get rid of the negative, well what tends to happen is we sweep the negative into the dark corners where awareness doesn't reach - so the negative always still is there, it always has control over your life to some extent, it's just been un-attended to. Now, with Will, you bring the light of awareness to the spleen - and like a powerful sigh the spleen goes: "oh thank goodness - look, have this, and this and that, and this" - so you'll get to see what's been stuck.

Welcome all that it gives you - because you've just asked it to open up, and telling it that actually it's not a good time now is just plain rude! :) Similarly using the sounds as a way to dampen the emotions down is really selling yourself short. When I do the sounds I don't release the negative side of the emotion, I release anything that's stuck, that's obstructing, blinding or slowing down my awareness - it's a way of creating 'space'.

If your mind is running inner dialogue, just so that your awareness is freed of the content, keep the meaning of all the things that go through your head, but substitute all the words with the word - "blah" ( :lol: - seriously!). Keeping the meaning allows your awareness to delve into the part of the mind where meaning comes from, and it's much deeper down than where words, logic and the intellect reside. So in a way all this worry is inviting you deeper... and if you follow it deeper still, you may just meet the other side of worry which is centred, calm, strong and grounded - invite worried and centred to embrace and you may discover something new about yourself :)

and remember - you need to move! Let your body move to express this stuff. Spleen energy seems to play with muscles. The negative side of it gets you out of muscles and into thoughts, so if you manage to get deeper down, start to engage the muscles!

Anyway - excuse me for the lengthy 'advice' - I'm really writing this for myself as much as for you and everyone else who's exploring inwardly... so please don't treat anything I say with any seriousness, it's only meant to open up possibilities for further exploration, rather then limit possibilities - so if anything I say seems to lock you in, then disregard!

• Like 1

Now we've come to a clear agreement about not continuing as husband and wife but to go forward as friends, there's a new kind of warmth between us, as if some negative charge has disappeared. So we're not splitting up in that sense, we've got a lot of mutual interest and business to run so on the practical level not much is changing yet.

Thanks for the insight on the spleen, Freeform. It's funny: the first half of today was very clear, no anxiety or feelings of insecurity, then after noon or so, there's been constant thoughts of doubt and inner dialogue about if I'll ever get another girl in my life :( But it's just emotions that I somehow seem to want to dress up in thoughts. This could be because I haven't had much movement today, mainly driving.

Also a good point about the sounds. I've thought of them as a means of getting in contact with the organ, though they sometimes work in a calming way too.

:lol: hahaha - you think there's a best time!?

running inner dialogues? mind can't settle? welcome to the world of the spleen! on the other hand it can also make you very centred, grounded and content... With emotions you want to constantly move towards balance. balance in emotions happens when the positive and negative emotions hold hands... This is according to me of course :lol: - Some try to get rid of the negative and get more of the positive, I've never seen this work consistently. It's always an on-going drama - just like you can't only breathe in - at some point you need to breathe out - with emotions both sides will be expressed... you get to chose whether you want to be aware of their expression or not.

Anyway - excuse me for the lengthy 'advice' - I'm really writing this for myself as much as for you and everyone else who's exploring inwardly... so please don't treat anything I say with any seriousness, it's only meant to open up possibilities for further exploration, rather then limit possibilities - so if anything I say seems to lock you in, then disregard!

Freeform,

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts in this thread.

I am quite curious how you came by the insights you have. Such as using awareness to release emotion instead of some kind of technique (so to speak), the different attitudes and states associated with the emotions, the idea of positive, negative and neutral aspects to each organ's associated emotion, the need to focus on the neutral state rather than the positive in order to not just push the negative into a corner, and the idea of "creating space" (upon which I would love it if you would elaborate).

Was it a book you read, a teacher you studied with, a practice you engage in, and/or an innate knack for insight?

Thanks a lot,

Tyler

Harry,

Thank you for such a thoughtful and complete reply. You have given me much to think about and play with.

I confess I had a small ulterior motive in asking what I did. All of the things I mentioned that you had insights into were things that I had read in B.K. Frantzis' books that I have very rarely seen anywhere else and never seen all together. Now, I have always thought that BKF's stuff makes more sense than all other popular Taoist teachers put together. But it is not as popular, because most people like fire: I'm going to MAKE this happen (like you said with feeling the belly). So I was very curious when you basically wrote some stuff that could have been straight out of one of his books, since I have never seen you mention studying his stuff before.

My greatest teacher is experience and exploration.

:)

Edited by Creation