Vajrahridaya

What makes Buddhism different?

So could you tell me just WTF all that means? Hehehe.

Nothing exists independantly but it is superior to whatever it is compared to? If it doesn't exist how can it be superior.

Superior view is seeing reality as it is, through and through and making no intellectual and experiential excuses for ignorance. Being a Buddha basically. Which is far from projecting the idea that because you haven't experienced it or seen it, or because popular society doesn't accept it as true that it must not be true.

You call seeing through your 5 senses as the end all be all and you think death is the end. With that conclusion. We can't really move together in discussion Marble, because you will think I'm deluded for the rest of your life that you hold to your idea of life and death.

A blind man does not have superior sight. You just made all the stuff up.

Of course not... a seeing man does. A blind man might have superior sight of energy, ghosts, and auras though, through forced development for compensation. They might even see sound or smell, or touch.

Do you know the english language? Could you say all that over again in English?

You won't be able to make that paradigm shift with me while holding onto your views of reality.

How can something be non-dualistic and yet see differences? Come on now! Non-dualistic is exactly no differences - that is, non-comparing.

Not in Buddhism. Non-duality is basically seeing through duality to emptiness, but seeing that differences is all there is.

Yeah, there is something empty around here.

LOL! :lol:

I'm sorry V. I had to modify one of your sentences above: Buddhism is an entirely different way of not seeing things.

See, you won't be able to see where I'm coming from because you won't allow that capacity to come through because your cup is full with your ideas of limitation and your 5 sense limited logic.

So okay. If I were to accept your inaccurate picture of reality then it would be okay for me to say that your view is inferior to your view and you couldn't really argue against that statement because the statement is relative to the person making it so it is just as valid for me to say that concepts supporting the Buddhist view is an inferior view any you couldn't disagree with me because the statement exists relative to any other statement concerning the subject.

That's your choice and you life according to your view. So it originates dependent upon your remembered experience and interpretation of experience, so yes, is relative to your accepted level of ignorance as reality. Which you say all the time... "I don't know." "It's a mystery."

Buddhahood is equivalent with omniscience. Always has been.

I like to talk about cause and effect. Funny that the world turns backward but we all get older.

Happy Trails!

LOL! Yeah... true that.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Olympic stadium, big Jesus, that is a good angle. As for the Shinto vs. Wiccans we will definately have a rivalry there, the moment a 'shintoian' mentions that no one can actually prove the religion of Wicca has an actual history or lineage the fight will be on no problem*, I suggest Stonehenge as a venue,...not quite Wicca, but it'll p*ss the druids off, then they no doubt will want to fight the winner. I think it stands on its own as a main bout(what with the home crowd ticket sales).This'll go global for sure with rematches and contentions over judges decisions and the like, We're gonna make a fortune.....sorry, mistype....I will make a fortune and you will get a modest cut.

High level of sensitivity eh? Ya, I bagged that years ago due to unworkable differences between what I wanted to feel and what others felt and I could not prevent also experiencing! Rears it's ugly head from time to time mind you! If you really pull this whole thing off I'm gonna upgrade you with a Spectrum+! No more rubber keys for you. I can't say fairer than that now can?

*then again...perhaps it does!

Ok, I had lined up sponsorship and global TV rights - the bout was to be known as the Pepsi Dharma Challenge and Rupert Murdoch was offering 30 million for pay per view. But then I read this thread (and others) and realised what a non event it would be compared to the wasps and bees buzzing round here. Shame - I was hoping for a Commodor 64 ... but I will have to wait.

I thought I would come over and talk about Taoism for a while.

The reason I think Taoism is different is that at least we Philosophical Taoists don't think we know everything like some Buddhists do.

We realize that we were born out of natural processes and not because of some obsene theory of dependant origination and that while we are here we are supposed to make the best of our life instead of sitting on our ass under some olive tree.

We also know that one day we will die and chances are good that we will live to our maximum capacity if we don't piss anyone off and they poison us.

I love Taoism. It is so simple - just like life. But then Buddhist love to make life full of suffering and very complex so the follow doesn't know if he/she is coming or going.

Now go rub the Happy Buddha's belly!

Happy Trails!

Vajraji,

So, you wish to dominate all with your superior view? Why is that? What deep desire in you is being projected on us lowly Taoists? How many "Hail Buddhas" does one need to recite to obtain entry into the upper tenets? Do the "Hail Buddhas" need to contain arcane words such as "dependent origination" that will save us all?

There are a number of Tibetan Stupas around the country that have the golden ornate thrones that Lama's preach from and I am certain we can arrange a retreat so that all your faithful followers can first do 3 prostrations in front of your throne and then receive enlightenment. All we need are the proper Lama garments and all will be fine. :D

ralis

Edited by ralis

Vajraji,

So, you wish to dominate all with your superior view? Why is that? What deep desire in you is being projected on us lowly Taoists? How many "Hail Buddhas" does one need to recite to obtain entry into the upper tenets? Do the "Hail Buddhas" need to contain arcane words such as "dependent origination" that will save us all?

There are a number of Tibetan Stupas around the country that have the golden ornate thrones that Lama's preach from and I am certain we can arrange a retreat so that all your faithful followers can first do 3 prostrations in front of your throne and then receive enlightenment. All we need are the proper Lama garments and all will be fine. :D

ralis

:lol::lol::lol: That was funny... Thank you. I am not a Guru. But I do answer questions to the best of my knowledge.

I appreciate your attention. :P

:lol::lol::lol: That was funny... Thank you. I am not a Guru. But I do answer questions to the best of my knowledge.

I appreciate your attention. :P

You did mean to the best of your ignorance, didn't you?

You have my attention too.

Happy Trails!

Another thing that makes Taoism different is that we do not have to be a dog and then be a woman before we can be a man.

All males have the ability to become a man and all females have the ability to become a woman. And in Taoism both man and woman are equal.

I love Taoism!!!

Happy Trails!

Another thing that makes Taoism different is that we do not have to be a dog and then be a woman before we can be a man.

All males have the ability to become a man and all females have the ability to become a woman. And in Taoism both man and woman are equal.

I love Taoism!!!

Happy Trails!

Actually, in Buddhism, due to the physical challenges that women have to undertake as being a women in our society. In Tantra, it's considered more beneficial to be a women Buddha. But, the problem is, is that due to the societal and physical obstacles... it doesn't happen nearly as often as it does with men. As it's easier for men to just up and leave popular consensus then it is for women.

Actually, in Buddhism, due to the physical challenges that women have to undertake as being a women in our society. In Tantra, it's considered more beneficial to be a women Buddha. But, the problem is, is that due to the societal and physical obstacles... it doesn't happen nearly as often as it does with men. As it's easier for men to just up and leave popular consensus then it is for women.

That is the first intelligent post I have seen you make this evening. And I thank you.

Chuang Tzu had a story (I will try to find it) where a man went to see a woman who was considered Sage-like and asked her why she was not a Sage and the story went one and I don't want to misrepresent it but I will post it if I can find it.

Happy Trails!

That is the first intelligent post I have seen you make this evening. And I thank you.

Chuang Tzu had a story (I will try to find it) where a man went to see a woman who was considered Sage-like and asked her why she was not a Sage and the story went one and I don't want to misrepresent it but I will post it if I can find it.

Happy Trails!

Oh! I thought I would add that there are a few Zen stories of woman Sages and teachers of Zen Buddhism.

Happy Trails!

Happy Trails!

Oh! I thought I would add that there are a few Zen stories of woman Sages and teachers of Zen Buddhism.

Happy Trails!

Yes, you should read Graceful Exits, you would be surprised!

Yes, you should read Graceful Exits, you would be surprised!

I have had so many things recommended to me to read I'll have to live to the age of 157 to get to all of them.

But I do like surprises! :P

Happy Trails!

Ok, I had lined up sponsorship and global TV rights - the bout was to be known as the Pepsi Dharma Challenge and Rupert Murdoch was offering 30 million for pay per view. But then I read this thread (and others) and realised what a non event it would be compared to the wasps and bees buzzing round here. Shame - I was hoping for a Commodor 64 ... but I will have to wait.

Ya,

I agree, and frankly the Wiccans are a fiery bunch, and expressed serious disapproval on the fight promotion angle! They didn't mind the venue, but talking smack is definitely out!

This religious 'fight club' game is way too dangerous in my view, and frankly I like my beauty sleep too much :o

So I'm passing over all rights to you, I'm not sure you want them, but do with them what you will.

As for Commodor 64, your way over budget. :rolleyes:

Ya,

I agree, and frankly the Wiccans are a fiery bunch, and expressed serious disapproval on the fight promotion angle! They didn't mind the venue, but talking smack is definitely out!

This religious 'fight club' game is way too dangerous in my view, and frankly I like my beauty sleep too much :o

So I'm passing over all rights to you, I'm not sure you want them, but do with them what you will.

As for Commodor 64, your way over budget. :rolleyes:

Ok,

Well, I think the Wiccans left it very late in the day start having scruples. My bet is that they realized that one old crone with a couple of spells to turn goat's milk sour and give you boils on the nose was not enough against a fully armed Samurai warrior!

I'm off to buy an Amstrad PCW (with my own money!) I need computing power and I need it now!

:angry: