Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

The Danger of Radical Stupidity

To test who is the best at their job, they decide that the first one to convert a bear wins. So, they each go into the woods. A little while later, they all get back. The priest say, "I talked to him and told him about God's love. He's getting his first communion on Sunday." The minister says,"I walked with him by the river, and when he accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior, I baptized him." They turn to the rabbi and say, "how did you do?" The rabbi, whose clothes are all ripped and bloody, says,"I shouldn't have started with the circumcision."

I subscribe to the opinion that all three Abrahamic traditions - Judaism, Christianity, and Islam - have intoduced more strife into the psyches of human beings than the natural, earth-bound conditions ever presented. The Dharmic traditions (Hinduism, Buddhism among others) have had a better go of things, although they certainly haven't attracted the numbers that Abraham did.

As a geographer, I indulge in geographical determinism, which means that local conditions of land/human relations figure most prominently, but not exclusively. Compare a religion that springs from an arid desert with one that springs from the lush and humid Yellow River Valley and... you get the picture.

Anyway, we're all going to burn in hell, so BFD.

Cheers! :lol:

PS - Let's all get serious for a change and settle this issue once and for all; How many angels can really dance on the head of a pin?

Edited by Blasto

PS - Let's all get serious for a change and settle this issue once and for all; How many angels can really dance on the head of a pin?

Anyway, we're all going to burn in hell, so BFD.

I'm glad I don't have to worry about that as I don't hold to that concept.

Happy Trails!

However many need to.

So many, that I can no longer see the point.

I'd like to mention that Judaism originally sprang from Ancient Mesopotamia. They were also around a lush river valley... Unfortunately, it flooded all the time, which is where you get the GREAT FLOOD (*doom*) of the Old Testament.

I love all religions, but I do have to agree that, as religions go, the three 'Abrahamic' traditions have the most chance of creating radicals.

I'd like to mention that Judaism originally sprang from Ancient Mesopotamia. They were also around a lush river valley... Unfortunately, it flooded all the time, which is where you get the GREAT FLOOD (*doom*) of the Old Testament.

I love all religions, but I do have to agree that, as religions go, the three 'Abrahamic' traditions have the most chance of creating radicals.

Can you speak on this a little more?

Sign in to follow this