soundhunter

Dangerous Meditation

O thank you for sharing a deeply personal story. That must continue to be deeply traumatic for all involved. Love and peace to you and yours :wub:

That is Zen mythology and not Taoist reality. Be careful what you believe.

:blink: It's a traditional Chinese folk fable and not that it actually makes any difference but......

Please enlighten me how a story about a student taught by a head of the Complete Perfection school Taoism who then went on to found the Purity and Tranquility School is Zen mythology :wacko:

and what is "taoist reality" ?

-O-

Thank you for your personal story.

Would you mind telling me what your mother was practicing? And what siddhis she developed?

Was just reading Down the Crooked Path, which is a blog devoted to writings, articles, research and various accounts of and about mental illness, physical illness, and other problems related to Hindu and Buddhist meditation retreats and practices. I haven't seen anything there about Taoist meditation consequences of this sort, but I'm curious if there are accounts of similar things happening with any of the internal alchemy practices and related meditations? I pretty much only practice stillness meditation at this point, and I really can't see there being any danger in this, or is there? Have any of you have personal experiences like those she describes, or people you know?

Buddhism is known to be the mental health clinic of Asia because of the effect of meditation on clearing the mind as well as restoring balance.

Carl G. Jung became famous for discovering the language & process of the subconcious that he found in the literature.

"From this he developed his theories of: "Collective unconscious, sometimes known as collective subconscious, is a term of analytical psychology, coined by Carl Jung. It is a part of the unconscious mind, shared by a society, humanity and all life forms, that is the product of ancestral experience and contains such concepts as science, religion, and morality. While Freud did not distinguish between an "individual psychology" and a "collective psychology", Jung distinguished the collective unconscious from the personal subconscious particular to each human being. The collective unconscious is also known as "a reservoir of the experiences of our species."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_unconscious

Carl G. Jung's favorite book was The Secret of The Golden Flower in which, he wrote an 80 page introduction.

Demon and spiritual purity are two complementary faces of our mind . The more we overcome evil and annoyance , the more a magnificent and purer mind we can get . Evil and sufferings are materials help us polishing and upgrading our spirit . Why avoiding them?

Generally speaking , people who have weaker ability start from postures , start from polishing jing and qi, yet people who have higher ability can start from polishing their shen directly by making use of stuff like emptiness and evil .

Was just reading Down the Crooked Path, which is a blog devoted to writings, articles, research and various accounts of and about mental illness, physical illness, and other problems related to Hindu and Buddhist meditation retreats and practices. I haven't seen anything there about Taoist meditation consequences of this sort, but I'm curious if there are accounts of similar things happening with any of the internal alchemy practices and related meditations? I pretty much only practice stillness meditation at this point, and I really can't see there being any danger in this, or is there? Have any of you have personal experiences like those she describes, or people you know?

This book will be of great help to all of you!

http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Dangers-Medit...3147&sr=8-1