Sign in to follow this  
froggie

Parts of the brain

The reptilian brain is good for something, isn't it? (brain stem, and i don't remember the name of the other part. etc.)

Just like the frontal lobes are good for something else.

I guess it's about balance and equal developement of all of the aspects. Harmony, evolution, balance, practise, etc.

The reptilian brain is good for something, isn't it? (brain stem, and i don't remember the name of the other part. etc.)

Just like the frontal lobes are good for something else.

I guess it's about balance and equal developement of all of the aspects. Harmony, evolution, balance, practise, etc.

Or we could never mind the brain. I see it as a reciever of "world mind" and not necessarily something to be developed or something active in itself. Also theres the complex nervous systems around other organs that function like "brains", since we have "gut feelings" and we "follow our hearts" .etc.... Hence people saying body-mind. The balance is probably there if we don't interfere too much.

*edited since my grammer was terrible ;)

Edited by Magitek

Or we could never mind the brain. I see it as a reciever of "world mind" and not necessarily something to be developed or something active in itself. Also theres the complex nervous systems around other organs that function like "brains", since we have "gut feelings" and we "follow our hearts" .etc.... Hence people saying body-mind. The balance is probably there if we don't interfere too much.

reminds me of this article:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showto...mp;gopid=132207

LOL well I'm not into HeartMath crap or any other of those bu$ine$$es. I say to anyone who really thinks the brain is king .etc to waste your time with Neil Slade the amygdala-whackjob.

Very Insightful. I totally agree. Do much of the brain is basically dormant, and only seems to function when people are on hallucinogens. Certain meditations have an effect on "consciousness" or whatever we wish to call it, and then these centers are more active. To me this backs up what you say. We only use a couple of percent of our brain because our consciousness or awareness is un-accessed. So better to pay mind to that, and then we understand the brain function.

I thought I would mention the fact that during my lifetime I have met a number of people who were brain-dead.

Be well!

I take back my last comment because it was pure BS.... Infact every comment I make I take back because I will never hold my mind..... I'm a little grouchy when people mention the brain because brain tension sucks so bad, and thinking the brain is important will just keep you up there.

What is so whacky about Neil Slade? :unsure:

Looking at him he has nothing I want or aspire too. Probably those peak experiences were due to being at high altitude, plus that Ingo Swann guy was a great phony.

I'm ashamed to say I read some of his stuff and tried it out. Heard someone tried his stuff for over a year, poor guy. He didn't get anything.

(sings) Keep on believin' , keep on decievin'

But if you like him thats fine, I guess its not nice to throw insults at businessmen.

Is the enlightenment only the realization that we live inside our heads?

YNXDTgn-4WE

UyyjU8fzEYU

Very Insightful. I totally agree. Do much of the brain is basically dormant, and only seems to function when people are on hallucinogens. Certain meditations have an effect on "consciousness" or whatever we wish to call it, and then these centers are more active. To me this backs up what you say. We only use a couple of percent of our brain because our consciousness or awareness is un-accessed. So better to pay mind to that, and then we understand the brain function.

No that's a myth, we use most of our brain as can easily be seen with problems from even small amount of brain damage. Yes, meditation can change brain wave patterns and activate centers, but the idea that most of our brain is dormant with latent psychic powers to be tapped is a myth.

http://brainconnection.positscience.com/to...n=fa/brain-myth

No that's a myth, we use most of our brain as can easily be seen with problems from even small amount of brain damage. Yes, meditation can change brain wave patterns and activate centers, but the idea that most of our brain is dormant with latent psychic powers to be tapped is a myth.

http://brainconnection.positscience.com/to...n=fa/brain-myth

The fact that a bit of brain damage causes problems for the whole brain doesn't necessarily mean that those parts were fully utilized to their true potentials.

So says your head :D:D:P

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

YNXDTgn-4WE

UyyjU8fzEYU

Maybe you could call that your "enlightenment".

Jeez I can't believe what I am hearing. Good luck guys I mean it!

Scientism... Didn't you get enough of that crap from school?

Oh yeah I am not saying this because it goes over my head.... I just can't see anything smart there, probably better stuff was said 4000 or more years ago lol.

Okay Folks,

I just watch the first video.

I have no arguement with the facts that were presented however, I have a really big problem with how the facts were misrepresented to cause us to think the way they want us to think.

Will watch the second one in a minute.

Be well!

Sign in to follow this