Sign in to follow this  
Lucky7Strikes

What is desire? What is craving?

One doesn't repress it, one takes it to it's furthest edges and it falls into bliss. The sheer intensity and expansion of it changes it's chakra locations. It hard to explain when one is not really qualified to explain such things.

Only if the knots of the central channel are loose enough. If they're tight, doing this will just create more karma, as do people who have kundalini awakening with a closed central channel.

All these practices are tricky, one has to know exactly where he stands.

But that's good that you explain the process, explanations from non qualified people is more useful than no explanations from qualified people.

may it be that what ismeant by "green is the only gold" that desire is the only food?

i certainly don't know. a very uncomfortable thought anyway.

:)

Edited by rain

My original inquiry was into the very nature of desire and why it is commonly said to cause suffering.

But alchemy wise, your short essay on transforming jing to light is very concise and to the point. :) .

In terms of channels winds and drops, "desire" is when the attention is outward, the winds follow, and the bindus dim and one becomes lost in surface appearance. "Inward attn" and the reverse occurs. That's the basic mechanics of it, imho.

There are harmonious ways to do that.

And there can be a sensable balance with healthy goals, life, and so on.

~ later ~

It's just the difference between mundane attention and transcendent attention. I think often a lot of partial ideas about that get misunderstood, mis-applied, with not-so-fortunate results.

Edited by Trunk

In terms of channels winds and drops, "desire" is when the attention is outward, the winds follow, and the bindus dim and one becomes lost in surface appearance. "Inward attn" and the reverse occurs. That's the basic mechanics of it, imho.

There are harmonious ways to do that.

And there can be a sensable balance with healthy goals, life, and so on.

~ later ~

It's just the difference between mundane attention and transcendent attention. I think often a lot of partial ideas about that get misunderstood, mis-applied, with not-so-fortunate results.

Would fear work in the opposite direction?

As in the attention is trapped and walled within?

Only if the knots of the central channel are loose enough. If they're tight, doing this will just create more karma, as do people who have kundalini awakening with a closed central channel.

All these practices are tricky, one has to know exactly where he stands.

But that's good that you explain the process, explanations from non qualified people is more useful than no explanations from qualified people.

Yes, I agree about the central channel and being ready for such contemplations and practices. Which is why certain information at times is held back. But, the heart of the Master is always open, even if the mind of the relative opens and closes according to environment.

As in the attention is trapped and walled within?

Fear is subtle and goes all the way into formless realm experience. It through the 5 senses is blamed outward, but held inwardly. Fear is a final veil, so very close to the Truth of every matter.

"Attraction" and "aversion" might as well be the same word, for the purposes of this conversation. ... In that they inhibit the process of stabalization and resolution within the central channel.

Hi All,

I just want to repeat this in hopes that more people will read it:

Thus, from the reference of Laozi, to desire is to have a lack or a deficiency within. The object of our desire is what we believe will fill the 'cavities' that we perceive within ourselves. One of Integral Nature is self-fulfilled and is thus free from desire.

Thanks Stigweard!

Be well!

Sign in to follow this