DaoChild

Does Qi automatically go where it is most needed?

E.g. even without directing Qi -- if you do a Qigong exercise, will it automatically go where there's a problem?

Say you have multiple problems, will it divide up and go equally to both? Or does direction the Qi with your intent make the best method of fixing a specific problem?

I guess it depends most GOOD systems stress storing energy in the LTT after practice and from there it will go where it must. Also chi has no direct intelligence but is manipulated by the meridians so I would assume the meridians must be clear for chi to flow everywhere as Chi is needed everywhere! :P

Edited by Ramon25

Chi is the energy of life. Life is always directed lifeward. So yes, is the basic answer.

However it depends on what practice you do. Certain practices encourage the qi to do different things.

Also chi has no direct intelligence but is manipulated by the meridians so I would assume the meridians must be clear for chi to flow everywhere as Chi is needed everywhere! :P

So, are you suggesting Ki (of Reiki) is not Chi?

So, are you suggesting Ki (of Reiki) is not Chi?

HUH? where did you get that idea from what i said? Also reiki is art not ki. Hence reiki.

HUH? where did you get that idea from what i said? Also reiki is art not ki. Hence reiki.

Well I do understand the simple thing that Reiki is not Ki but is all about Ki. I ask this because the school of Reiki teaches Ki as having an inherent intelligence of its own due to it being termed the "Universal" life force and not having to be led through actions or intent. But you seem to feel the other way about Chi. So is the Ki they talk of different from the Chi you're speaking of?

Edited by Siliconvalley1

Well maybe. there may be different kinds of chi. As far as I know the chi running through the meridians does not have intelligence pursay but i might be wrong. I know kundalini has intelligence and is also called the life force So I guess is anybody's call.

E.g. even without directing Qi -- if you do a Qigong exercise, will it automatically go where there's a problem?

Say you have multiple problems, will it divide up and go equally to both? Or does direction the Qi with your intent make the best method of fixing a specific problem?

This is not always so.

It is said though, where the mind goes the chi follows.

Disclaimer: The mind is not directly talking about ones intentions. Therefore the ones western understanding of the brain can arise many things and one could easily not follow their true heart, or primordial chi, or their real mind.

This is called following the false heart.

Peace, Genuinely

wt

It depends on the system. Some systems use posture methods where doing a specific posture, movement etc will activate and open blockages etc.

It depends on what you type of qigong you are practicing. Some types of qigong have

specific purposes and are done to direct qi in a specific way. From my personal experience,

I can say that the wuji and embracing the tree forms of zhan zhuang will cultivate energy

in a way that brings balance to the energy in the whole body. However, you may not necessarily

feel energy going to a specific problem area when practicing. It might be that there are other

imbalances that need to be corrected first. For example, sometimes you may feel a problem

in a certain area in your body, but when you practice zhan zhuang or another stillness qigong form,

you may feel your energy active in some other area of your body. This may go on for days or weeks

or months. However, after some time you may feel the energy has worked through the other area it

was active in during your practice, and low and behold the problem in the other area suddenly gets

better. That is why stillness qigong such as zhan zhuang and sitting meditation are so good in my

opinion. Where you think you need to direct energy may not be at all where the real problem lies.

IMO, it's better to not focus on any problems at all and practice zhan zhuang or sitting meditation

with a relaxed mind, and allow the energy to cultivate and circulate naturally as it will. It can take

several years of diligent practice to really start truly opening up the meridians and channels in the body,

so it's good to keep that in mind. (Beware of those who say otherwise :huh: )

Trying to direct energy in the early stages (first couple of years) may seem

to bring some results, but you could also be hindering your overall progress as well with such practices,

so in my opinion it is better to not focus on such things at all the first couple of years at least, and

allow yor energy to build up and circulate naturally. If you want to get into practices that intentionally

direct energy, you should really do that under the guidance of a trusted and competent qigong teacher.

Just my opinion...

Best wishes from Islote...

:)

It is my understanding that generally, Qi is like radiation pressure, a high pressure yang center will flow to a lower pressure ying environment, and conversely, a low pressure ying center will attract a flow from the high pressure yang environment.

In Qigong exercise, the flow will tend to flow according to that predicated by the empirical knowledge behind the manipulative purpose of the exercise, but always the general underlying metaphysics of flow are always in play.

IOW, like electricity, Qi will always flow from high pressure to low, i.e. the path of least resistance. But if the natural resistance is modified to increase it in some place and decrease it another, then it can be put to work. This is what is meant by the previous statement above concerning the empirical knowledge of Qigong exercises.

So the question really is, what is the most appropriate Qigong exercise for the problem?

In the mean time, do consider that the general flow of Qi in the universal environmental sense is occurring in the interest of the whole, not just one soul's personal agenda, so always try and maintain a sense of identity with the whole and then any and all practice will tend to reduce the resistance between ying and yang in both the separate individual (dualistic) and wholistic (Taoist/non-dual) way simultaneously.