froggie

sore throat from tension, not from inflammation

i have a painful throat, but not from a cold,

but i have tension in my throat that feels very unpleasent.

does anyone know how i can go about fixing this?

i don't like normal medicine and since it's tension related i don't think they can do anything anyway.

also massage or so looks to be too tricky since it would be very hard to reach and since the throat can be delicate anyway.

i am thinking maybe a hot soup (but not burning)

any wise suggestions?

thank you

edit: i think i'm going to make a hot soup with horseradish, ginger, coriander, lemongrass, soysauce, lemon, chives. does anyone know where i can get lotus root online?

other tips still welcome.

Edited by froggie

Have you possibly always had this tension, and only now you are capable of feeling it?

There is what i call acute psychosomatic tension related 'illness', which is similar to what many new agers give themselves to purport an image to themselves of kundalini awakening. Or there is also awareness; say for example that a teacher tells you that you have a lot of tension in the throat area. This leads to more awareness and what seems like a hex by the teacher because eventually your throat feels sore, but really it is just that you are capable now of feeling the discomfort that you have been choosing to ignore for so many years.

To look at it on a basic level, the throat is your inner voice, or will power. If you are feeling repressed by others or a situation, it will be tense. If you are proactive about your situation, it'll be better. Enjoy life.

I had the same problem a copple of years ago, first I thought i whas coming down whit a cold.

My throat whas sore just like it gets before i get a cold, but i never got sick and the throat just stayed sore for months.

I tryed relaxing the throat and breath out. I had successfuly done that previously but this time it whas just not

working, so I whas eating cough drops to sooth the pain, this whent on for more then 2 moths.

And one day I just sat down and relaxed did my breating in the throat and whent realy close to sleeping or in a kind of sleep, and when i woke upp the throat whas all fine.

I dont know what caused this if it whas there all the time and I just got aware of it or if it whas caused bye tensing upp while breating. I still get the sore feeling now and then but its not as bad and goes away quicky.

So Just trye to relax your throat as mutch you can feel and be aware of the breating in the throat.

I have not had a cold in years now, dont know if im doing something right or im just lucky.

I hope you get bether soone.

Tung.

I once had something similar. my throat was sore but only when I swallowed, and not because it was irritated or because of inflammation.

chewing gum sorted it out for me. since then I've read chewing gum is good for sore throats in certain cases. it's not guaranteed but it certainly won't hurt you.

5th chakra issues?

To look at it on a basic level, the throat is your inner voice, or will power. If you are feeling repressed by others or a situation, it will be tense. If you are proactive about your situation, it'll be better. Enjoy life.

Great words!

This is true.

Hopfully this answered your question froggie.

Thank you for your replies to my question/quasi-rant

If you are proactive about your situation, it'll be better. Enjoy life.

I just want to say that this is a very good advice.

I'm trying to do that and actually am doing it (some say there is a difference between trying to do something and doing something (well)) :) I think however that ''trying'' can also be a part of preparing, planning and trying things to enhance them eventually to a better degree.

I just want to say also that sometimes it's good to hear general ideas said or explained back to you, which may give a slightly different approach or view and also a good feeling of (positive) kinship (or however one may like or want to call it). So thank you. :)

By the way, it is indeed so that you can do many things with many resources, one is not limited, one is only limited by one's knowledge and understanding and how one thinks of themselves and one's contacts and surroundings and ideas and opportunities and viewpoints. So that is very important, for anyone equally as it is also for oneself.

Truely,

froggie