34 replies to this topic

#33 qicat

qicat

simple plain cat

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Studying Medical Qigong.

...I am a very practical scientific cat... I read theory only after I experience it on my own neck... I wish I could tell you I do it because I "seek" something, but the honest answer is I am just curious...

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:17 AM

Sionnach, great post, but... you just robbed young man from discovering it himself...

Isn't part of the teaching to point to the right direction, but not give it as-is? I.e. student is more likely to appreciate the knowledge when mutual work involved...

I wonder if there is a "Pedagogy of Shamanism/Daoism" course somewhere on Coursera or such platforms...

Edited by qicat, 17 February 2017 - 09:14 AM.

• Brian and Golden Dragon Shining said thanks for this

#34 ilumairen

ilumairen

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 659 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:38 AM

"warrior-> healer-> scholar-> priest"

I assume your friends around here can help to decipher it.

#35 Golden Dragon Shining

Golden Dragon Shining

饮酒和谐

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 651 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:44 AM

Who knows a persons age here?

My view is that one shares their experiences, to fast track things potentially, others decide what to do with that information.

If I can share what I've learned over years to another and save them that time I am happy to. Not all students are the same, depends on innate intelligence/wisdom. I appreciate help and information made direct/straightforward/concise very much. There is already too much confusion in this world (and vast amounts of topics/information to go through). Half ones time or more can be in figuring out what isn't true ha.

With future generations you could save them decades. To put 10 years of learning into 10 minutes :D

I am just a student too :D

What I shared was minimal/historical, people may disagree with it ha either way they come to their own conclusion.

Edited by Sionnach, 17 February 2017 - 09:48 AM.

• Kar3n and qicat said thanks for this

UPzNG5C.png

"Taoism: It's most direct and universal functions for people in the ordinary world are the recognition of natural laws, promotion of health, prevention of illness, prolongation of life, and the stimulation of the development of culture and civilization based on successful cooperation between humanity and nature, and between the individual and society as a whole." Opening the Dragon Gate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users