uhapy

Why do some progress faster than others?

Now I understand what I described was the method of "surrender to an ideal" / "devotion". The ideal for me was God, the ideal for others can be another.

I posted this thread asking this question months ago and the answer has been found. A proper "surrender" to God was as effective as s-e, both are more effective than meditation. I was surprised to learn this. 

Edited by uhapy
  • Like 1

Now I understand what I described was the method of "surrender to an ideal" / "devotion". The ideal for me was God, the ideal for others can be another.

I posted this thread asking this question months ago and the answer has been found. A proper "surrender" to God was as effective as s-e, both are more effective than meditation. I was surprised to learn this.

Sometimes the fruit that ripens over lifetimes, falls from the tree suddenly.

Also yes Bhakti (devotion) is as effective and powerful as the other ways. Now that you have a glimpse at the true nature of your being, just stay there. Be in constant remembrance of your true nature...you are not the body, you are not the mind. You see that unattached, atemporal awareness that witnesses all risings and fallings away...

• Like 1

Is it possible the "practice" or "religion" is merely the vehicle, not the destination? Or... forgive the cliché, the method is the finger, the realization the moon?

I used to get hung up on the method, or religion, now, not so much. What difference does it make if my neighbor drives a Mercedes, and I am aged old third class car, a bike, my two feet, as long as it gets us where we need to be, and that's the only vehicle I have?

That's the way I'm currently seeing it. I could change my mind, tomorrow. And I could be totally wrong. Just asking.

• Like 2

Re:

-----

"but how come some practices do not yield significant progress for the practitioners after a long time?"

-----

Human beings are not what they used to be.

They aren't even what they used to be merely 75 years ago.

Never mind 500, 2000, or 6000 years ago.

They now have fairly serious problem doing very basic things.

- VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

Equality doesn't exist, people are born with different potentials, personalities etc

Buddha has teachings on avoiding fools/ less intelligent

Other is diet, and purity of the body.

How can people see light when they consume darkness/ suffering etc, like animal flesh, or glutenous food that glue the insides. How can a river sparkle when it is stagnant?

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 1

How can a river sparkle when it is stagnant?

Visit a spirit bathhouse, where a kind-hearted staff person will help to remove the dregs from your spirit, of course.  ^_^

83.jpg

Edited by rainbowvein
  • Like 1