Jadespear

Hello Fellow Lovers of the Tao

Loads of people pracise the Taoist arts, like Tai Chi, Chi Kung, etc. whilst following another religion or belief system.

The Taoist Religion/Temple stuff is separate.

Basher

I know that Jesus is a deity in the Hindu religion and that the Virgin Mary is portrayed as a Kuan Yin to Taoists. Theosophy includes all the religions, both east and west.

I suppose it depends on how one looks at religion. Raised as a Catholic by missionaries, my theology is pretty well-defined. Tai Chi is more than just martial art. It's underlying philosophy is rooted in beliefs that are inconsistent with the teachings of Jesus.

I'm pretty sure theosophy tried to eliminate stale dogma, while not producing it's own... But they failed. Such is the fate of anyone trying to mingle religions together to make a "new" one. Some theosophy writings are intriguing though.... What is it again ah yes the theosophists adage - " no religion higher than truth."

I was raised a Christian myself, until I woke up one day in a pew when I was like 7 years old...I still like some biblical passages, but that's about it. I'm kind of that way with all religion... Some of the passages are nice to read, some of the artwork is inspiring, some of the music is cool, BUT a lot of all religious information is pure and total bullshit created by power hungry idiots ages ago.... But that's off topic.

Edited by Jadespear

What we are seeking is degree of power...its about rate.

Everyone has power - even an ant. A person who has before him/her a button that will destroy the world has great potential power, but that doesn't interest me.. Qigong/cultivation is about building power potential within the body. In the deep mysteries of the Tao they discuss 'stealing potential' I believe they refer to building the (Shen) spiritual bodies power so that it has enough power to escape its need to feed off the earth and then they can live as a God in the ether realms (something to do with energy vortexes, perhaps?). What goes up must come down, unless it feeds off something though. The spirits around us feed off of our emotions (energy) in exchange for their teachings/guidance. Its a give/take cycle. They are our spirit helpers who have mastered the Earth cycle and live in the higher (inter-dimensional) planes as Djinnis/Demons/Godlets/Goddesslets/etc. - some of them are parasites and just eat us without giving anything back (living in bliss, unconcerned - feeding off of ecstasy-energies we emit), others eat us but teach us to build power and become like them. It is the way of the world. When you become a 'realized immortal' (we are all already immortals, but most go into forgetfulness and lose their face and re-enter the cycle over-and-over, getting new faces not-so-randomly painted on themselves from the co-creator-universe). If you are sure about your identity and you want to create a specific model/archetype to assume, then you create your God-self and live on in the afterlife as this co-created, but self-focused persona. The energy we accumulate isn't ours, as it can be taken away from us, but once we have it we can direct it into our spiritual rebirth and create a 'nest/egg' with it, with which we shape our immortal body-self. The orb of bliss, the formless ether, within which exists form-magic directed by the Truest-self (i.e. the 'organizer/recognizer' who maintains the bliss/energy shapes, the one who cannot be destroyed, who is unborn, unmade, is eternal - the 'rectifier' the 'controller' 'stealer' 'assumer,' etc. of the energies)

I was raised a Christian myself, until I woke up one day in a pew when I was like 7 years old...I still like some biblical passages, but that's about it. I'm kind of that way with all religion... Some of the passages are nice to read, some of the artwork is inspiring, some of the music is cool, BUT a lot of all religious information is pure and total bullshit created by power hungry idiots ages ago.... But that's off topic.

Your topic is about Chi, some sort of energy that can be harnessed and directed by the practitioner. I accept that there is a way to apply one's energy such that it is effectively directed with maximum impact. I don't believe in some mystic Chi force that can be developed.

So far, my interactions with Tai Chi practitioners have not caused me to change my mind. They tell me that they can do this or they can do that but I have not seen anything unusual.

I am keeping my mind open to anything Tai Chi Masters have to offer in relation to martial art.

Edited by somtingwong