Sign in to follow this  
Thunder_Gooch

Vajrasattva/Santiago do you or would you offer a class just on tummo, not KAP etc?

Reckless drivers drive recklessly regardless of what vehicle they drive. I think it is important to trust ones' teacher, but in the end the onus is on the student.

I'm not understanding what you're trying to get across. Maybe I'm taking things out of context. I am going to work for my church. I have many teachers. I have to shadow ministers. I have to go to school and study with theologians. In a very real sense, I'm saying,"I'm stupider than you," because I have to learn the difference between the Sunday School Christianity that the average Christian believes and my own personal theology based on my own interpretations of the scriptures--unfortunately these tend to be very different and are not taught on Sunday morning. I have to learn Hebrew and Greek--things I don't know right now.

Even in the context of cultivating...this is an interest of mine--something I feel is missing from most Christian's spiritual practice. Okay, you guys know what Tummo is and Reiki this and Qigong that are-- where I live, people have never heard of these words, much less know what they are. My cousin saw me reading "Reiki for dummies and asked me if that was the rapper Raekwon's cousin. How can I recommend something to someone without learning them from a teacher, picking their knowledge, and experimenting on my own?

I understand some of what you're trying to say, but I remember learning to drive...I had a big safe Lincoln Continental on a back road where there wouldn't be much traffic with my Grandma in the passenger seat. I still nearly drove off the side of the road and almost wrecked her car. It wasn't because I felt safe and drove reckless. It was because I didn't have a clue what the hell I was doing...so she had to teach me and I had to practice.

:lol::lol::lol:

"Lama Yeshe's book"

Bliss of Inner Fire.

I don't get consitant results. But I love those "OMG, its warm! Or OMG it suddenly feels good!" Moments.

I like the practice its so strange and cool. Sometimes my heart feels good, sometimes the top of my head.. It fluctuates.

Tibetan Buddhism is not authentic Buddhism, it is Lamaism. You will kiss their asses for ever and not get anywhere (with rare exceptions). For hundreds of years the priesthood in Tibet collected various practices from the greater region and claimed such as their own. They claim the practices come directly from the Buddha realms. Nothing could be further from the truth. I guess that is what you mean by Orthodoxy.

Lama Yeshe was the first Lama to come to the west and promote Tummo. He dropped dead of a massive coronary at his front door. Imbalance of the elements? Too much fire in the physical heart?

Straight up ignorant remarks have no place here, get your facts straight bud. If you don't understand the skillful means [method,purpose] of devotion, guru yoga, and Bodhicitta (all of which eliminate any negative side effects of completion practices (such as gtummo) then don't comment at all. No one needs a 4th grader giving their opinions about getting a PhD.

Getting a history lesson on Tibet from Michael Parenti is like getting your world-view from David Icke. Tibet was far from perfect but it wasn't the hell-hole he makes it out to be.

Yes it is taught that the practices of Tantra came from the Buddha Realms; this is what is written in the Tantra scriptures. You can think of it as Buddhas taking astral form to teach high level yogis, who then taught disciples, and the unbroken lineages continued on. The Tantras came from India, Tibetans do not claim ownership, but they did fine tune the cycles from generation to generation. Since 60% of the male population were monks, they had a lot of time to get things right.

Everyone dies, it's called Karma. you think having "balanced elements" makes you immortal? get real. if Santiago died falling off a rollercoaster, then KAP is obviously bullshit, right? because he could easily fly away, right? FRAUD!

Tibetan Buddhism only came out less than 60 years ago. Tibet was an isolated society, with no separation of religion and state. It's a tough transition to the diverse modern and secular world where people expect instant enlightenment while working a job, having kids, cheating on their spouse, and worrying about fitting Vajrayana into their religion mix stew for the purpose of eternal bliss and unlimited frequent flyer miles.

There are plenty teachers out there that teach high level practices, (Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche*), but yes commitments are required by most. that's because the practices are dangerous without devotion and proper view. Look at yourself, and your habits. how many traditions, practices, teachers have you stumbled through in the past couple years? Be honest, and ask yourself if maybe these teachers are right in thinking that most people aren't truly ready for what they think they want.

Finally, it is proper to investigate your teacher very thoroughly. Not just the teacher, but yourself also. If you don't know what your goal is, don't know what the goal of Buddhism is, and don't know whether or not your teacher has the means to take you to that goal, then it is your karma to be with a "Sith Lord Lama"

*Namkhai Norbu gives free, open, transmission (direct introduction) to Dzogchen through online webcast every 6 months. He is one of the most progressive Lamas out there, not teaching Dzogchen as the gradual approach but as a complete direct path without preliminaries and "ass kissing"

Edited by mikaelz

Straight up ignorant remarks have no place here, get your facts straight bud. If you don't understand the skillful means [method,purpose] of devotion, guru yoga, and Bodhicitta (all of which eliminate any negative side effects of completion practices (such as gtummo) then don't comment at all. No one needs a 4th grader giving their opinions about getting a PhD.

Getting a history lesson on Tibet from Michael Parenti is like getting your world-view from David Icke. Tibet was far from perfect but it wasn't the hell-hole he makes it out to be.

Yes it is taught that the practices of Tantra came from the Buddha Realms; this is what is written in the Tantra scriptures. You can think of it as Buddhas taking astral form to teach high level yogis, who then taught disciples, and the unbroken lineages continued on. The Tantras came from India, Tibetans do not claim ownership, but they did fine tune the cycles from generation to generation. Since 60% of the male population were monks, they had a lot of time to get things right.

Everyone dies, it's called Karma. you think having "balanced elements" makes you immortal? get real. if Santiago died falling off a rollercoaster, then KAP is obviously bullshit, right? because he could easily fly away, right? FRAUD!

Tibetan Buddhism only came out less than 60 years ago. Tibet was an isolated society, with no separation of religion and state. It's a tough transition to the diverse modern and secular world where people expect instant enlightenment while working a job, having kids, cheating on their spouse, and worrying about fitting Vajrayana into their religion mix stew for the purpose of eternal bliss and unlimited frequent flyer miles.

There are plenty teachers out there that teach high level practices, (Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche*), but yes commitments are required by most. that's because the practices are dangerous without devotion and proper view. Look at yourself, and your habits. how many traditions, practices, teachers have you stumbled through in the past couple years? Be honest, and ask yourself if maybe these teachers are right in thinking that most people aren't truly ready for what they think they want.

Finally, it is proper to investigate your teacher very thoroughly. Not just the teacher, but yourself also. If you don't know what your goal is, don't know what the goal of Buddhism is, and don't know whether or not your teacher has the means to take you to that goal, then it is your karma to be with a "Sith Lord Lama"

*Namkhai Norbu gives free, open, transmission (direct introduction) to Dzogchen through online webcast every 6 months. He is one of the most progressive Lamas out there, not teaching Dzogchen as the gradual approach but as a complete direct path without preliminaries and "ass kissing"

First of all, why are you attacking me? You obviously don't understand how to debate. Why not discuss the merits of what I stated vs. attacking the messenger?

Why are you so angry? Where is your so called Buddhist compassion? Your condescending remarks to me show your true nature! You proceed from your incorrect conclusion that I need to be lectured as to the proper way to approach finding the so called true path! It seems that you need to lecture someone as opposed to maybe asking questions? True?

"Everyone dies, it's called Karma. you think having "balanced elements" makes you immortal? get real. if Santiago died falling off a rollercoaster, then KAP is obviously bullshit, right? because he could easily fly away, right? FRAUD!"

This statement from your post that I just quoted is very puzzling. It is full of non sequiturs and just plain irrational. State why you said this. I never implied any of the above.

Michael Parenti provided documentation at the end of his article and yet you attack him with no discussion as to the merit of his work!

For your information, I have received almost all of Namkai Norbu's transmissions.

"No one needs a 4th grader giving their opinions about getting a PhD." Do you have your PhD.? LOL!!

ralis

Sign in to follow this