innerspace_cadet

Spirituality without an afterlife

Personally, I believe that nothing really spectacular happens when you die....the energy form your body is simply dispersed into the universe.

yes that's true if one let the laws of universe reign one by chance and cause-effect. the only thing that builds is the spirit, and actually the life in this universe is built by spirit, and if one have a spirit and build oneself a soul, a carrier, a vessel for ones spirit it will be an afterlife maybe reincarnation maybe something else depending on ones will, but if one don't have a will, one will dissolve like any other phenomena in this universe.

Yeah- thats the question! Do we have a spirit that lives on ? & - is that part of our consciousness meant to go on without the life form it once inhabited? -

I think there is a difference between the spirit and the life force of beings... One goes on, the other disperses...

We build up life force (qi) through practice and growth but that is not the same as developing a spiritual strength to act in the spiritual realm of consciousness-

Thats only my view of course but it is one that I have experienced...

love to all- Pat

We do the best we can with what we have. I don't claim to know for certain what happens after death, but I see a lot of possibilities.

1. There is an eternal heaven/hell and reincarnation does not occur.

2. There is a temporary heaven/hell and reincarnation does occur.

3. There is no heaven or hell, and reincarnation does not occur.

4. There is no heaven or hell, and reincarnation does occur.

5. Reincarnation somehow occurs but liberation from the cycle of reincarnation is possible.

6. Other, or unfathomable by our primitive ape brains.

I find the prospect of continual reincarnation to be the only unacceptable outcome of all these scenarios so I am dedicating my life to try to overcome it. Also my spiritual pursuits give me meaning, purpose and direction.

You know. If I had to guess Id say it was # 6

LOL!!

But considering instances of those being brought back to life, or those who take DMT, Ahyuhausca, salvia, ect. The best guess would be that the "after life" is a extension of your life existentialism ad infinutum.

Watch flat liners. Or read some near death experiences. It is what you believe..thats what creates the afterlife.

Of course this can't be proven since the after life could just be a jolt of DMT in your brain after it stops responding to your body.

Brain in tanks =immortality LOL?

Or can memory be held in light..or energy.. B)

probably.

Edited by Eviander

Evander we have had some cool DMT threads here, although being a 3 letter word I'm unsure how to search out one for you. (edit: try Goggle "site:http://www.thetaobums.com dmt")

Do we have a spirit that lives on ? & - is that part of our consciousness meant to go on without the life form it once inhabited?

Mmmmm, never thought of it from that angle, thanks Pat.