Sign in to follow this  
salaam123

My life is over

Salaam,

I messed around with too many energy techniques too and neglected my emotions and my life.

I felt borderline psychotic, and actually fell into a depression for some time.

I'm recovering now, putting pieces together.

Its important to realise that the things you FEAR are actually quite absurd, ridiculousness.

You are constricting around fear. Relax.

If you are in need of support, the world will accomodate. But you must ask for help. Counselling is easy enough to get ahold of, just go to your doctor if you don't know where to start.

The energy work won't help this one.

You'll be okay. Just get the help you need.

The day I told my family I was undergoing a depressive break was a very liberating day. It 'burst the dam' and allowed me to start making positive changes.

I imagined a space in my chest, and this opened up a path for my dan tien to get inside my chest. :(

It seems logical that if you imagine a space in your belly, your dan tien will go to your belly the exact same way it went into your chest the first time.

For me, I don't believe in dan tien at all. I don't visualize it. I think as a mental construct, it's not a good one. If I need to warm up or do some magick, I have better tools than dan tien available to me. Better and safer.

So another option might be to stop believing in dan tien altogether. But please don't interpret this to mean that I am telling you what to believe with regard to dan tien. It's up to you. I'm just wondering if you're aware of various options that are available to you. Some people get stuck to some energy layout (and different spiritual traditions have different layouts with different features attributed to them) and believe it is THE truth and that's it. Not so.

I pray for good health and good spirits to make complete return to you, if they haven't already.

i don't know. I would tend to think that the bums have it pretty right when it comes to analysis of where someone is at. What I like the most about these people (the Bums) is that they do not tend to behave like other internet crowds when faced with someone's real offline pain. I have read online about the people that watched some kid explain that he wanted to kill himself - on webcam - and then went ahead and did it and no-one intervened!

i think there's a time for reflection and a time for action. I think you need to act to save yourself first. Call your family/friends/ 911. Tell them what's happening. Once the fire is out and you have recovered, then start looking for the why (if you want).

I think that Var is a very good guy on here. He does what he says. As do many on this forum. Also please tell someone who can give immediate help.

You will get through.

Kate

Just a few thoughts, I wish you the best and you're not alone, you're human, we all go through tough times.

Our mental image of how bad things are is typically much worse than what is really going on when related to fear/suffering.

When we judge our experiences we create illusions that cause us suffering.

Nothing is permanent, the feeling of depression will pass. However, we empower the suffering by trying to do something about it and by it consuming our thoughts.

Life is never ending, only it's forms come and go.

All the best,

-Nate

Let Santiago help you. He can work directly with your energy an is an expert on working with grounding and balancing out messed up energy. I am getting help from him myself with grounding etc.

Chunyi Lin is an other alternative.

The advice to use healing sounds and inner smile is very good. They will clean out and balance stuff in a harmonious way.

Pilates could also be a very good idea. It will structure your body and especially your dan tien in an extreemly precise way physicly and when that gets done the energy follows. Because it works strictly through physical means it is not likely to aggravate energetic issues and hence is perfect for energy crisis of all kinds.

I would also experiment with jogging or similar excercise. It will produce lots of endrophins that will help your depression and help you get back to neutral in a way that should not provoke your energy.

Walks in nature will also help ground and rebalance to a natural state.

Accupuncturist might work very well.

If you are going to do any energy work (and it might well be that you should not) do standing poses.

WHen you have regained your balance you need to find a teacher and a system to follow. I would also say you should emphaises a very basic foundational practice for a long time. By that I mean something like some quite ordinary qigong sets or asanas, straight forward meditations like just concentrating on the breath and inner smile, and for breathing practices not much more than stuff like alternate nostril breathing and moderate bastrika et.c with NO retention. Stick with something like that under the guidance of a teacher for three years or something and then first go onto more serious practices and when you do that stay within a system and with a teacher.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this