Sign in to follow this  
Owledge

More than one Lama Dorje(?)

Calling Max Christensen "Lama Dorje" could cause confusion, because as far as I understand there are more than one Lama Dorje and it's always combined with a third name part. Aren't "Lama" AND "Dorje" just titles?

I began to notice this when I remembered that in the movie "Little Buddha", there was a Lama Dorje, but it's definitely not Max. You can also find info about several Lama Dorjes on the WWW.

Calling Max Christensen "Lama Dorje" could cause confusion, because as far as I understand there are more than one Lama Dorje and it's always combined with a third name part. Aren't "Lama" AND "Dorje" just titles?

I began to notice this when I remembered that in the movie "Little Buddha", there was a Lama Dorje, but it's definitely not Max. You can also find info about several Lama Dorjes on the WWW.

Very true, there have been many Lama *something* Dorjes.

Isn't it something like Lama Nakpat (unsure of spelling) Dorje? Listen to his radio interview and the woman introduces him with this title.

Lama Ngakpa Dorje (Tibetan), Ching Fung Dao Shr (Chinese Taoist, uncluding the meaning "teacher of tao"), Sifu Max,...

Good question: What does Ngakpa mean?

EDIT:

"Of the Nyingma order of Tibetan Buddhism, Ralo Rinpoche gave him the title "Nakpha Dorje" which identifies him as one who has the power to awaken dormant powers within."

Edited by Hardyg

Lama Ngakpa Dorje (Tibetan), Ching Fung Dao Shr (Chinese Taoist, uncluding the meaning "teacher of tao"), Sifu Max,...

Good question: What does Ngakpa mean?

EDIT:

"Of the Nyingma order of Tibetan Buddhism, Ralo Rinpoche gave him the title "Nakpha Dorje" which identifies him as one who has the power to awaken dormant powers within."

Ngakpa means lay yogin ... tantra practitioner who is not ordained and usually lives a normal life in society.

and Dorje is Tibetan for vajra - i.e. diamond or thunderbolt sceptre - it literally means 'stone of the lord' = diamond.

Edited by apepch7

Ngakpa means lay yogin ... tantra practitioner who is not ordained and usually lives a normal life in society.

and Dorje is Tibetan for vajra - i.e. diamond or thunderbolt sceptre - it literally means 'stone of the lord' = diamond.

Great info, thanks!

Nice cat! :)

Sign in to follow this