Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

Marijuana, strength training, nei kung

fiveelementtao.

MJ was here well before Chinese Medicine. MJ is an expression of the Tao so why do you discount it so much?

MJ has been excellent for me in terms of energy cultivation and helpful in waking me up from the trance. If you can't handle that then that is too bad. I don't blindly follow any so called "master", I speak from my own experience. If you want to become your own master then you too will have to let go of everyting you are taught and rely on your own direct experience.

In terms of MJ in cultivation. There is no recognized taoist body of knowledge that encourages it's use for energy cultivation. NONE. TCM is very clear about it's harmful effects. as you say..."If you can't handle that, then too bad..."

But, Nilo, my brother... Don't play games with me... MJ is no more or less an expression of Tao than any other chemical including Hemlock. Do you drink hemlock too? Does that help your cultivation? C'mon dude... give me a break... Let's be honest with ourselves here... My agenda is very clear. I believe that MJ is harmful to energetic and spriitual cultivation. TCM has my back on this one.

You also have a personal agenda when it comes to Pot. You are very attached to the idea that it helps you. Right?

How do you know MJ has been excellent for you? What objective criteria do you cite? How many years have you been cultivating Tao and smoking pot?

Pot effects your perception. If you are only using your own perception while high on pot to assess the benefits of it. Your methods are flawed.

I can't say for sure, but you SOUND to me like an addict looking to justify his addiction.

I would like to turn your question back to you... Why do you NEED pot so much?

Look dude, I have no problem with you smoking pot every day if you want. But don't shove shit in my nose and tell me it's perfume, OK?

C'mon people... Let's stay on topic here. This thread is not about the pros and cons of the legitimate MEDICAL uses of MJ. That is a separate issue and you know it. let's not purposefully divert the issue.

The issue was your strong feelings about the issue, wasn't it? I was trying to show you that from my POW they are wasted on this particular adversary. There's bigger and scarier ones out there, well worthy of our wrath and righteous indignation. One can choose one's battles wisely, or courageously -- or one can choose to kick whoever is already down. I was advocating the former and objecting to the latter. No glory in being "against" something that has been wrongfully and self-servingly demonized by the powerfully corrupt. Even if I had strong feelings against something of this nature, I'd keep them to myself so as not to play into any dirty hands out there. As Simon/Garfunkel put it, don't want to wind up a cartoon in a cartoon grave yard.

The issue was your strong feelings about the issue, wasn't it? I was trying to show you that from my POW they are wasted on this particular adversary. There's bigger and scarier ones out there, well worthy of our wrath and righteous indignation. One can choose one's battles wisely, or courageously -- or one can choose to kick whoever is already down. I was advocating the former and objecting to the latter. No glory in being "against" something that has been wrongfully and self-servingly demonized by the powerfully corrupt. Even if I had strong feelings against something of this nature, I'd keep them to myself so as not to play into any dirty hands out there. As Simon/Garfunkel put it, don't want to wind up a cartoon in a cartoon grave yard.

Taomeow, my sister... In general, I agree with what you wrote. I don't see the grand conspiracy connection. But if you feel that way, then feel free to argue those points. I do feel strongly about drug addiction. and I am comfortable with that feeling. I have seen your intellectual argumentative skills on this board and since I have no disagreement with much of what you wrote, I AM going to pick my battles here and NOT argue with you.

Peace my sister...

Taomeow, my sister... In general, I agree with what you wrote. I don't see the grand conspiracy connection. But if you feel that way, then feel free to argue those points. I do feel strongly about drug addiction. and I am comfortable with that feeling. I have seen your intellectual argumentative skills on this board and since I have no disagreement with much of what you wrote, I AM going to pick my battles here and NOT argue with you.

Peace my sister...

Peace, brother. :)

As for "grand conspiracy connection," that's a fact of history, not a feeling. It's documented and the info is available. Maybe for later...

fiveelementtao,

I don't appreciate your extremist views. Go ahead blow your trumpet as loud as you want.

Peace, brother. :)

As for "grand conspiracy connection," that's a fact of history, not a feeling. It's documented and the info is available. Maybe for later...

Very true, I am somewhat aware of the conspiracy to demonize hemp in the early 20th Century in order for certain individuals to supplant hemp products for timber products. (Something like that right?) And I have no doubt that the medical and pharmaceutical industry would love to keep MJ illegal in order to keep a monopoly on the medical uses of MJ. I would be very interested in hearing about more about that.

fiveelementtao,

I don't appreciate your extremist views. Go ahead blow your trumpet as loud as you want.

Nilo, my brother, I have nothing against you. I understand your feelings and I support you in having them. I am sorry for any offense I have given you.

In terms of my extremist views...I have been very clear that I have no problem with MJ use on any level, whether that be for personal or medical use or whatever... I believe it should be legalized. My reaction was to those including you who have tried to use this forum to force your personal agenda on others that MJ is good for QI cultivation. And when you have been presented with firm evidence to the contrary from reliable sources, instead of responding with honest curiosity to examine your views or their consequences, your response is to say that you do not recognize any authority other than yourself and insist your MJ use helps your Qi cultivation. So, Your response isn't logical... So, if you feel you need to publicly prove that your frequent MJ use IS good for your Qi cultivation against mountainous evidence to the contrary, I would say that your position may be the extreme one...

My response isn't about your personal use... Smoke as much as you want, bro... More power to you... And if people want to smoke MJ and cultivate, that is their right, but I do feel it is important that people know what the very real negative side effects are. Wouldn't you agree that everyone should have the opportunity to make choices based on complete and reliable information? Look, I have addictions too. I love chocolate, sugar and other unhealthy foods. I choose to indulge those desires knowing the negative side effects, but I don't come on here and try to convince everyone that eating chocolate is good for qigong or meditation... So, even though you may be angry with me for not co-signing your agenda, it's not personal. My desire is that everyone including you find health and happiness..

Peace...

Edited by fiveelementtao

Sign in to follow this