Sign in to follow this  
MatthewQi

Just to clarify, this was in reponse to some discussions in the intro area that I didn't want to clutter that area with. Great idea (intro area) though Sean!

I think I've seen this story mentioned w/ the same names in both Jewish and Zen mystical stories. The student Joshu is told he is enlightened. Others students gather around Joshu and ask, "How do you feel?"

"Miserable as ever".

Matt says taoist enlightenment is stripped off all trappings. Thats good. You don't see Jesus, or Buddha or Blue Skinned 6 armed women. You see .. I don't know? whats in front of you?

Hmmmn, Winn in his dream tape series has an affirmation something like to see, bravely, what ever just is. No fudge factor, no heaven or hell, no coloration. Just see what is. If tao is just path, then we just walk, step by step, no heaven, hell, nothing special. Just step by step, walk smoothly with no projections as the future arrives all by itself.

Michael

One typically expects someone who is enlightened to exhibit characteristics that they believe to be enlightened behavior.  What are these behaviors?

7241[/snapback]

Well I tend to think that someone who is enlightened is not necessarily 'moral' in the way most people tend to think about it. I think someone who is enlightened can smile and find anything funny.. they are the kind of people that affect their environment rather than be affected by the environment (I'm using the word in its broadest sense). Others who are around enlightened people tend to change and be confronted by their limiting beliefs - this is not necessarily a pleasant experience.

There is a guy called Jerry Stocking, who may embody these qualities, judging by the audio tapes i have of his (called Illusion Conclusion)- although he never explicitly reveals this, i think he practices Taoist Alchemy along with many other techniques that he uses to help people ascend. http://www.achoiceexperience.org/ I think Winn participates in some of the workshops this guy does. I really want to do one of his courses - but I dont have the resources currently.

Sign in to follow this